Photo

DestinationWeddings.com * Post all experiences, info and questions here! *

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#21 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

I have used them. I was disappointed with my TA in the whole first part of the process - basically i ended up finding my location myself. Even though she gave me good advise on how it works at AI, the locations, etc, when I was asking about a specific location she was just copy-pasting the info on the site... She also could not give me any air+hotel packages because I picked up this boutique hotel that was not sold by any wholeseller.

Anyway, she DID turn out pretty good and useful when I started to have hotels not opening, troubles with my venue, cancellations from guests or flights being rescheduled and we had to change the transfers, etc. She also left a note to my honeymoon spot to tell them we were on honeymoon and we got upgraded. Overall, I am rather pleased with her. She was always very sweet, and very - very - available.

#22 VioletVol

VioletVol
    • 151 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

I paid a deposit with them and then chose to not use them (and lost the deposit). My TA was extremely not helpful. I did more searching than she did. I finally ended up going with a family friend who is a travel agent. I was so skeptical at first because, I didn't think she would know much about weddings, but I'm a big planner so I have done most of the wedding planning myself and she has been so helpful on getting me information and helping with communication with the resort. All in all it sounds like if you get good TA it can be good, but I don't think they have the best deals, so I woud recommend using someone you know or someone on here. At the very minimum someone who has been recommended by someone you know or someone on here. I don't think the company is what is important--its the person! :)

#23 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
      • 393 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi there,

I am trying to get some opinions of the destination wedding planners called destinationweddings.com. Has anyone used them? I've read some good reviews but wanted to see if anyone on this forum had used them.

#24 JOSIE

JOSIE
        • 1,792 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

There's already a thread on this :) Read here: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43260

#25 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
          • 393 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

I'm in the same boat and too was looking into destinationweddings.com I am a little cautious of it because I keep reading the mixed reviews. Darnit! It sounded like a great solution! Can anyone recommend one of the TAs on this site?

#26 loanmao

loanmao
            • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

I've had sporadic contact with Jill, the BDW TA...but that's entirely because I'm slow with my responses. She's been great so far, although I haven't used her services to the full extent. This thread actually reminded me to contact her regarding booking hotel/flights together. Wonder if that is better than booking them separately. Anyhoo..I should search through other threads to find my answer, i guess.

#27 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
              • 393 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by loanmao
                I've had sporadic contact with Jill, the BDW TA...but that's entirely because I'm slow with my responses. She's been great so far, although I haven't used her services to the full extent. This thread actually reminded me to contact her regarding booking hotel/flights together. Wonder if that is better than booking them separately. Anyhoo..I should search through other threads to find my answer, i guess.
                I'm looking into Play del Carmen and would also be working with Jill. She sent me the initial information last week and it seems very thorough. Has she been able to provide some good quotes on hotel/airfare? Was she able to help you narrow down your search?

#28 newyork6156

newyork6156
                • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

My TA with destinationweddings.com has been TERRIBLE! What a waste of time!
                  My Secrets Maroma Beach Wedding Review
                  http://bestdestinati....s maroma beach

#29 thope

thope
                  • 104 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

I'm currently using destination weddings and it has been kind of interesting..I'm on my
                    3rd coordinator the first one just didnt listen to what I wanted the 2nd got sick, so far the 3rd Nancy has been helpfull...but like someone else posted (probably not about her) she is all over the board and chatty and I have to rangle the conversation to get what I need out of it. Overall I would rather have a coordinator than not, but I'm not sure I would choose this company again...

#30 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                    • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

I'm using them, but also have been having a so-so experience with them. It was the 1st post engagement thing we purchased and I wish I had of done more research first.

I don't think I'll actually be booking with them, but it sucks to lose our deposit Our TA has given us what we thought was some good advice and then we hear the contrary from other TA's, so it's confusing. She's pretty flaky and seems to forget about us... she was supposed to get back to me 2 weeks ago with pricing for next April.

I wish I had found this website before finding theirs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users