DestinationWeddings.com * Post all experiences, info and questions here! *

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#191 DiamondGirl

• 710 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

I have no complaints thus far. My TA is Renee Ortiz and she has been GREAT! She answers all of my emails quickly and I have her business and cell phone number, which makes contacting her very easy. I have bombarded her with tons of questions for my WC at MP and she has come through every time.

#192 listenwong

• Banned
    • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hi, i know the best wedding dress store, all dresses can be customize-made and any size is available.  most of  the pictures are taken from the real dresses made from them.  they also have large collection of designer wedding  dresses and you dont need to pay them at designer price.  i also purchased my wedding dress ($318) from that  store  http://www.weddingdress.com.ph,  just received the dress! Guess what, they're gorgeous and comefortable fit.  loooooooooooove it!

#193 H-Town Liz

H-Town Liz
      • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

I had a similar situation with Brittany.  I posted the disaster about a year ago (and contacted supervisors at DW.com a bunch of times).  I just can't believe she is still working there.  Such a shame.  Apparently, the company has no qualms with keeping these sub-par TA's around.  Other Brides beware.   

Elizabeth [/COLOR]

#194 yaker33

• 44 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

I love my TA with destination weddings! She is amazing.  I have no complaints

#195 wedding12

• 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

what planning service did you end up using instead of destination weddings? because im planing to get married soon but i dont know what service to use can you help on any good recommendations will be great help?

#196 wedding12

• 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

im planning to get married on december 2012 in cancun can you please recommend me where to start and who to talk to  to get great deals thank you!!!

#197 Cvantine

• 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

This website is a great place to start! I wish I had found it before I used destinationweddings.com or I probably wouldn't have =) With that being said, I think the best thing to do is look at different message boards on here for the various resorts in the Cancun area and contact some of the people who have had weddings there or are planning weddings there. My hubby and I got married at El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya (20 minutes from the Cancun Airport) in October 2010 and it was the most stunning, amazing experience I ever could have asked for. They have a great wedding planning team on site and you can contact them directly through their website.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by wedding12 

im planning to get married on december 2012 in cancun can you please recommend me where to start and who to talk to  to get great deals thank you!!!

#198 future mrs b

future mrs b
                • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hello all,

So I am a freak about planning ahead of time .. super ahead of time. I want a destination wedding either mexico,domincan republic, or belize even. The only thing that will determine where the wedding will be held are two simple factors. .

1.)    I want a wedding ceramony over looking the ocean, not in the sand .. due to elder people attending.. and

2.)   I want a reception room in an air conditioned venue with windows to look out of and the ocean. .

I dont know if this is even possible... I have a party of 120-140 people. The wedding isn't until 2013 .. but like I said its already been near impossible to find these two simple requests and I've been looking for 2 months straight. Any help ???? Thanks !

#199 MissBubbles205

• 1,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

I was leary of that site at first.. I read a few nagative reviews and thought to myself, ahh, well those were just crazy bridezilla's or something.. How bad could they be.. So decided to jump the gun and give them a $50 deposit to prove my seriousness (with needing help choosing a destination). At first my TA was very nice but then she started to send me resorts that I swear the photos were taken back in the 70s and 80s! I requested up to date pictures and information, and then I was sent wedding package quotes for 2010. My wedding is in 2013, and it is 2012 now.. For a site to say they specialize in destination weddings, their information sure wasn't up to date.

My TA was no help in finding a destination or resort she sent me several for different location but none of them were up to good standards so one day I was doing a search and saw the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. I was in awe!  I mentioned this place to my TA and she seemed to not know any information about the resort nor want to give me any information on it. I say this because she has been avoiding my emails and calls for a month now, the calls she has set up with me, she has missed. (If you do decide to use them, which I dont personally recommend, just know they want to call you any time you have a question, I guess that don't want paper trials of how poorly they assist you.)

Last week I found myself stressed out to the MAX!  Because here I am working full-time, going to school, and trying to choose a location for my wedding because the help I thought I was getting from a site that specialized in DW's was just making the whole process aweful for me. So I posted a thread on here and mentioned DW and everyone told me to get out while I could (this was before the TA presumed to avoid my emails and request for information.) But someone mentioned the TA's here at BDW.. And let me just say, that within the last week, I have had many many cooresponding emails with my new TA from Wright Travel Agency, Barbara Vong (aka Babs)  She is absolutely hands down, AMAZING!!  She is very prompt and friendly when responding and best of all, she goes above and beyond to give me all the information I need and then some. Oh and the best part... She has given me every bit of information for having a ceremony at the Cloisters at the One and Only resort, later ceremony times :o) , and is now working on group rates for us and our guests at Atlantis. I highly recomment her!!  But back to DW, I sent them an email 2 days ago requesting a refund since I have gotten no help from there site and have done all the reseach on my own. And I received an email back form them yesterday saying Sorry, you are not eligable for a refund since you are no longer planning a destination wedding. This fueled my fire!!! I am planning a DW and never ever mentioned I wasn't.. But still they are refusing to give me my deposit back.

Also, to anyone wanting more information, visit BBB.com. This is the better business bureau that I recommend to anyone whom has questions of a business. It will show you how many issues they have with a certain business and their ratings, etc. Too bad I didn't take the hours to read all the reviews on BBB before handing over $50 for someone to stress me out.

#200 breathenagain22

• 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

My experience was AWEFUL!!  I started planning my June 2012 wedding in December 2010 and chose to work with Destination Weddings in February.  I am so happy I got out of this useless relationship with this company...  Now they did get me a group package for my guests hotel accommodations (I had already picked the resort, so I didn't need help with that) and initially the travel agent seemed pretty helpful... Unfortunately getting rates for airlines became an issue.  They wanted me to have my guests book their rooms, prior to knowing the price of the airfare and when I kept inquiring about airfare, the TA suddenly went on vacation and I never heard from her again.  I waited a week after her supposed return before sending a email to their customer relations agent.  Needless to say I spoke with agent after agent and was then put in contact with someone in the corporate office who said they do not even look at airfare rates until we book the rooms.  Now, I thought that was ridiculous, the airfare is the bulk of the trip and it could be the deciding factor for most people as to whether or not they can afford to go, but if that was the policy, why didn't someone tell me that 3 months ago!!!  I had received a group rate from American Airlines and Continental and submitted it to the original TA and she kept saying she was trying to see if DW could match it so my guests would only have to pay one company.  Funny thing is, in my conversation with the corporate agent, and I quote, "I am not going to look into the prices because I don't believe you are serious about booking!"  I am a highly educated individual, but she made my far less tactful side out at that point!!  Really!!  This is a wedding, not a vacation, of course I am serious (as of today 24 people have booked through another company without their help!!  Guess they lost out on this $$)...  Even after all of this I didn't ask out of the deal.... A few days later I received a call from the corporate agent stating they did not feel they could continue to help me and DW was backing out of the deal and would return my $50 deposit...  I was in complete shock!!  Nevertheless, I have helped my guests book by giving them a few options of TA to use and most of us have just booked online through www.cheapcaribbean.com.

My advice.... do not use this company, and if you do, proceed with caution and start the relationship early enough to give yourself time to readjust if you need to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users