Photo

What is the one thing you said you were not going to do but did anyway or are doing?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:01 PM

1.get stamps from zazzle.com for the invites but I did it anyway....lol

2. monogram...just got those on monday lol

3. do a newsletter...well i am doing one lol

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

1. i said i wasnt going to spend a fortune on my dress...that didnt happen

2. i said i didnt care so much about pics and wouldnt obsess on them...well i love my pics and show to everyone who comes over

3. i told myself i would let go of how my family acted and not be so controlling and a bridezilla and not let their antics bug me, but it didnt happen

4. i wouldnt care if certain people couldnt make it, but it did bother me and in the long run i think hurt our relationship.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

1) Ditto on the dress - spent way more than I ever planned. Don't regret it, though.

2) Ditto on the family drama. I was shocked that it happened. Remarkably, I was able to not let it bother me but my poor husband was mortified well into the honeymoon.

3) Be stressed the days leading up to the wedding. Gosh, it was so tough to have fun in Cabo until the wedding. People were annoying me left and right with all of their repetitive questions (oh, and they were previously answered in numerous emails, websites, invitations, and personal conversations) and I was trying to please everyone (am I spending enough time with my mom vs. my dad, etc.). Plus, I had a virus so that didn't help.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:48 AM

Well, I am sure I will be able to write almost exactly what Natasha did AFTER I get married, but for now ...

1) I said I wouldn't spend that much on a dress. OOPS!

2) I said I wouldn't let the rest of the planning become too big of a deal. Double OOPS!

3) I said I'd try to get work done and not spend as much time of the forum this week. Well, we all see how that's going ...

#5 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

Umm I said I was going to keep it simple,, yeah so far that's not working..

#6 andreslove

andreslove
          • 227 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

As others have mentioned, I said that I wasn't going to care if certain people couldn't come. But of course I do, especially if I know that they can afford to come.

I also didn't want to become obsessed with this wedding and focus on the marriage. I'm still trying to focus on the marriage, but it's been difficult not obsessing over little details of the wedding.

#7 andreslove

andreslove
            • 227 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NATASHA
              1) Ditto on the dress - spent way more than I ever planned. Don't regret it, though.

2) Ditto on the family drama. I was shocked that it happened. Remarkably, I was able to not let it bother me but my poor husband was mortified well into the honeymoon.

3) Be stressed the days leading up to the wedding. Gosh, it was so tough to have fun in Cabo until the wedding. People were annoying me left and right with all of their repetitive questions (oh, and they were previously answered in numerous emails, websites, invitations, and personal conversations) and I was trying to please everyone (am I spending enough time with my mom vs. my dad, etc.). Plus, I had a virus so that didn't help.
              Natasha, did you get sick from drinking water or eating fresh vegetables in Mexico? Or do you think you caught your virus before going?

#8 KarlaV

KarlaV
              • 171 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:54 PM

DITTO...DITTO...DITTO..

..about holding it against my friends who are not going to be able to attend the wedding functions (like my bachelorette party), when I said I wasn't going to care.

Whats up with that? Why am I so pissed? I must be PMSing.

KarlaV
                Karla&Ronnie
                Wedding Slideshow
                Engagement Slideshow
                May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

#9 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

There seems to be a theme here!

1. I thought it was rediculous to spend a ton on a dress, but I did anyway!
                  2. I swore I would keep it simple & not become obsessed...so not happening.
                  3. I promised myself I would never let myself act like a bridezilla...I've had a few of those moments that I've previously confessed.

#10 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                  • 631 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KarlaV
                    DITTO...DITTO...DITTO..

..about holding it against my friends who are not going to be able to attend the wedding functions (like my bachelorette party), when I said I wasn't going to care.

Whats up with that? Why am I so pissed? I must be PMSing.

KarlaV
                    boy do i have a story to tell you guys...i am not ready to even talk about my friends...well ex friends...that is all i will say...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users