NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, Etc. meetup anyone?
Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:02 PM
We can see what everyone wants to do and take it from there.
Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:15 PM
What we have nailed down so far::
1. Date: Saturday June 7th and possibly into Sunday June 8th if people stay over in NYC
2. Place: New York City
3. Time: Early afternoon on Saturday (most likely)
What we need to figure out::
1. What we all want to do. Karen came up with the idea of a harbor cruise on Saturday afternoon possibly involving lunch on the boat. Even if we do a regular ol' sightseeing cruise it would be a whole lot of fun and we could do lunch or dinner afterwards.
Any other ideas? I will keep sort of a vote list on my computer to see what everyone is into.
2. What to do on Saturday evening for people staying till that time of day and/or staying the night in NYC? There are thousands of bars, clubs and restaurants to choose from. Perhaps some of our NYC residents can suggest some ideas?
3. Hotel info. If everyone staying the night wanted to be in the same hotel we need to figure out a location. We might even be able to get group rates if there are enough of us.
4. The idea of doing brunch on Sunday morning was brought up. If there are people that can not make it on Saturday, Sunday might be a chance to get together with everyone. We need a location for that as well.
That's about all I can think of for right now. Hopefully we can get some details planned relatively soon. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, etc. post them up in the thread.
Both Karen and I are so excited about this. It will be so nice to get to meet all of you (except Kelly & Everton.... not that we are not excited, we already met and became instant friends with them). Hope to see all of you real soon!
List of people interested so far.....(please add to it if I forgot anyone or you know of anyone else who might be interested).
Alyssa, Heidi, Christine, lauren c., lambert13, JessicaLovesBrian, Lizz, dragonfly, amandalovesryan, MelissaH, jamisoncollette, TA Jill, starchild, JUSTUSTWO, NYJen, carly, TammyB, lucky k72, berliewed08, becks, Jenn, froggie1013, tlomlad, Nrvsbride
Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:25 PM
Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:18 PM
Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:12 PM
My Fathers business 30th Anniversary celebration is that weekend and since I'm the organizer of the event, I guess I need to be there, lol!
You guys are going to have so much fun, I'm so bummed that we can't go! But hopefully it will work out great and we can do it again soon!
Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:51 PM
Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:09 PM
| Originally Posted by froggie1013 |
Thanks for the message Jay. I think if you guys figure out a hotel first, we can kind of work around there. Because there are so many different areas to hang out in, this may help us narrow it down. I'm putting in my vote to stay out of Times Square. It's so touristy and I'm just not a fan. I like the Chelsea area, there are tons of great restaurants and bars around 23rd St. Anyone else have certain areas they would like to go? I work in the city so I'm there 5 days a week. I would much rather let those who are rarely there get to see what they want.
Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:29 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users