Photo

NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, Etc. meetup anyone?

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:25 PM

Since Karen and I will probably not be able to go to the big Cabo shindig this summer I was wondering about the possibility of a big meetup for us people in this area. Seems to me that NYC would be a nice central location for quite a few people to get to from quite a few states.

What I was thinking was a weekend afternoon sometime this summer in NYC or wherever else would work for the most people. For us up here in Albany NYC, Boston, Hartford or a bunch of other places are within a decent drive away. Even Philly would be doable for us. Alas, it's not all about us though, so we would travel anywhere within reason to meet a bunch of you ladies.

So what does everyone think? Summer is not too terribly far off and the sooner a date gets set, the more likely it is that people can plan in advance for it. I would be more than happy to take the reigns in planning and organizing everything. It would be so nice to meet a lot of you in person and have us all spend the afternoon together.

If there is already something like this in the works I apologize. I looked around and did not see anything.

***update***

Potential name list (AKA the cool kids)

lambert13
    lucky k72
    Mrs.B 2008
    Heidi
    Christine
    lauren c.
    JessicaLovesBrian
    Lizz
    dragonfly
    amandalovesryan
    MelissaH
    jamisoncollette
    jilly76
    starchild
    JUSTUSTWO
    NYJen
    carlymcmullen
    TammyB
    berliewed08

Tentative Date: June 7th 2008 (open to suggestions otherwise)

Tentative Place: NYC (once again open to suggestions once more people get on board)

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

Jason,

I would totally be into this - Philly or NYC would be good for me and I want to bring my FI - i think we should do a couples thing!

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Reggie and I are in! PA or NY are fine with us.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

we can drive up to NYC, but it can be so busy and expensive my DH would rather do Philly if that's possible. Of course after June 15 we won't know how much traveling we can really do.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

there are some great summer festivals and outdoor events around Philly in the summer!

#6 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

i'm in, and i'm sure i can convince fi to come too (tho it may involve me doing naked jumping jacks...)
            pa, nj, or ny are ok.

#7 lambert13

lambert13
            • 901 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

Awesome! Looks like we may have a party in the planning. Once more people chime in we can start talking location and date and all that.

#8 Jessica

Jessica
              • VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

Oooh. Maybe I can come to this. I might have to come stag though because DH would probably not be easy to convince to come.

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:18 PM

I'm in! Obviously Philly is easier, but I could do NY too.

#10 dragonfly

dragonfly
                  • 1,820 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Hey if you do NY Everton and I could make it, Everton's dad is in NY and we travel to see him a couple of times a year. I don't know how far Philly is from us, I know it takes us about 8 hours to drive to NY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users