415 replies to this topic

#71 Copita

Copita
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nicoled
    Hey Girls,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out!? I have been talking to two wedding coordinators from Edenh (Gisel and Nora). I am very confused! I told them that I wanted to book a symbolic ceremony. One of them e-mailed me back and said that they have requested the date with the judge. I didn't think a judge was needed for a symbolic ceremony, so I e-mailed back and asked if we actually needed a judge. She said "No, you need a minister!" I am getting frustrated! I can't get straight answers or explanations!
    We are having a symbolic ceremony and no judge is necessary. Our WC even told us that. We are bringing our own minister down to officiate our marriage and the WC said that was fine. I would talk to them again because it really isn't necessary to have a judge if you're only doing a 'symbolic ceremony.' Maybe she misunderstood your email?

#72 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
    • 2,302 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

I agree with everyone else. I was told that the judge is not necessary for a symbolic ceremony. The minister will be provided by the resort, so you dont need to worry about going out and trying to book one yourself.

Through my DW search, I have learned that by emailing various coordinators, some things often get lost in translation. I even encountered a coordinator that utilized an online translator, and our messages weren't very clear to each other.

I learned that you must be VERY VERY precise and as clear as possible in what questions you ask the coordinators. I have found it easier to break the questions down and # each one, it seems to work very well with their responses. Remember, communication is key. But when planning a DW, you have to kind of over-communicate, especially via emails.
      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#73 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by gofeden
        Hello! Did they mention exactly when the gazebo would be built? Did they have any ideas as to how they could make this happen, especially since the grounds hav not yet matured...?Thanks.
        It looks like they pushed the gazebo back until a next year's project. The coordinator didnt specifically say when. But you have to remember, they are on 'island time', so next year could essentially mean December 09.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#74 Nicoled

Nicoled
        • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

Thanks a lot. That helps me out! We also might be having a family member perform our ceremony!

#75 gofeden

gofeden
          • 80 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nicoled
            Thanks a lot. That helps me out! We also might be having a family member perform our ceremony!
            We have booked with the judge for Jan 3 , 2009. We were thinking of having a friend translate the ceremony, as well. Take a look at Humanist cermonies online. The wording is very nice. Our friend had a humanist ceremony and it was beautiful.
            Jelena and Bojan
            January 3, 2009

#76 rubyringo

rubyringo
            • 68 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

i've never heard the term humanist, but I just googled it and it sounds pretty interesting. that would be a good way to go.

#77 Copita

Copita
              • 979 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

Hey chicas...

I belong to another forum and one of our members just posted his pics from his trip from Eden H...

EdenH April 2008 pictures, photos, and videos, from friends & fun on webshots

#78 Becksy

Becksy
                • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:01 PM

Have any of the other EdenH brides had a hard time getting a hold of the WC? I'm trying to book the wedding date and time for a week now and haven't heard anything back yet. What has your experience been? Should I be nervous about the cerimony? It's not until January 2009 so plenty of time, but I want to make sure I get the date and time that I want.
                  Erin & MartinEdenH Real ArenaPunta Cana, Dominican Republic January 13, 2009http://i67.photobuck....stloser4x1.jpghttp://tickers.Ticke....f487/event.png

#79 rubyringo

rubyringo
                  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

It took her a couple weeks to get back to me the first time I wrote to her and now it usually takes up to a week to get an email back......If it's taking more time for you I'd maybe get your travel agent to get in touch with the resort.

#80 Nicoled

Nicoled
                    • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

It's frustrating using e-mail! When I first requested a date she requested this with the judge, which I don't need since it's a symbolic ceremony. So now we are back at the beginning requesting the date with the Minister. I have asked for January 8, 2009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users