Nrvsbride

I chose dreams, Jackie chose (I think) occidental Xcaret, there are a couple of girls that chose moon palace, those are the major ones I can think of right now, but there are brides that chose others as well. There is a lot of information in the RM/cancun thread on all different resorts. I chose dreams primarily because they allow children and it wasn't enormous, I prefer a smaller resort (I think they have about 400 rooms), because I would still like to run in to my guests from time to time.

Let us know if you need more help!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I spread the word around that my FI and I were thinking of doing RM and our friends looked at us like we were crazy. Unfortunately b/c we live on the East Coast most of our friends aren't even familiar with RM and most aren't willing to spend the money unless they think it's somewhere they will like. So I think we are going to stick with Cabo. I have heard great things about Cabo so I think I am going to stick with that. Tammy can we do our booking through you? Do you only do travel arrangements or do you do WC as well?

For all the Dreams brides out there (especially the cabo ones) can you give me an idea of how much the pricing is like? I know it depends on the number of guests and all but I figured I would get an idea since I probably won't be able to do a site visit (I'm a lawyer, work is crazy). Also, which of the areas did you like best at Dreams? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
So I spread the word around that my FI and I were thinking of doing RM and our friends looked at us like we were crazy. Unfortunately b/c we live on the East Coast most of our friends aren't even familiar with RM and most aren't willing to spend the money unless they think it's somewhere they will like. So I think we are going to stick with Cabo. I have heard great things about Cabo so I think I am going to stick with that. Tammy can we do our booking through you? Do you only do travel arrangements or do you do WC as well?

Go with your gut instinct. If you want Cabo then you should do Cabo! We initially choose Cabo and then switched to RM because of money and flight time. Our friends were all over the board on this one. A few really wanted to visit Cabo and others that had been there before really prefered the aqua blue waters of Cancun/RM to Cabo. There are so many different opinions out there, I would just go with what you and your FI really want. There are a couple of our friends who wont make it because they simply will not vacation anywhere but Aruba! To me thats just silly but oh well, you cant possibly please everyone.

Thanks I think your right about going with my gut. I always wanted to do Cabo so I'm going to stick with that. Neither my fiance nor I have ever been to Cabo and I love the element of surprise (even though it can be scary). We are torn between Dreams and RIU Palace. I just can't make up my mind. I hear great things about both.

Quote:
For all the Dreams brides out there (especially the cabo ones) can you give me an idea of how much the pricing is like? I know it depends on the number of guests and all but I figured I would get an idea since I probably won't be able to do a site visit (I'm a lawyer, work is crazy). Also, which of the areas did you like best at Dreams? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum! I've been on so rarely this week I think I missed your post!
In response to your question about pricing, one thing you will find out as you start planning your Mexico wedding is that prices vary widely depending on who you ask and who you book through. Keep every email or quote you get from anyone- it might be different depending on the day!
Also, prices are going up in Cabo really fast because of it's increase in popularity. Dreams is costing brides in '07 probably at least 25% more than brides in '06 paid. However, go through Tammy the host- she's arranging all my travel and got me a much better rate than my guests could find on any travel site (I'm talking hundreds cheaper for each guest!).
I'm paying $22 per person for the ceremony set up (including coctail hour) and $22 per person for the reception (dinner, drinks, passed hors d'oerves). I do believe these are their standard prices for '07.
Once you decide for sure on Cabo, start looking for your photographer. They book up very fast. I'm using Juan Carlos Tapia, as are many other on this board. There are several good photographers in Cabo, which you can find on this forum.

Let me know if I can help any more- good luck!

Sarah,

Thank you so much for your help. I think my fiance and I are leaning more towards Dreams so I'm going to give them a call today and find out their quotes. The prices you got seem pretty reasonable. When you say that the $22 includes drinks is that an open bar, or is it just certain drinks? How many guests are you having? Also, is your reception outside on the beach or in some other area? I read that they do a couple of weddings a day. I'm wondering how they manage that if most brides want a sunset wedding?

-Glenda

Quote:
Sarah,

Thank you so much for your help. I think my fiance and I are leaning more towards Dreams so I'm going to give them a call today and find out their quotes. The prices you got seem pretty reasonable. When you say that the $22 includes drinks is that an open bar, or is it just certain drinks? How many guests are you having? Also, is your reception outside on the beach or in some other area? I read that they do a couple of weddings a day. I'm wondering how they manage that if most brides want a sunset wedding?

-Glenda
Glenda,

if you have trouble getting info, let us know...we have so many dreams brides on here and i work so closely with their WC's that we can pretty much answer your questions.

$22 per person is for set up and a private event. this inlcudes either a buffet or 3 course meal and is an open bar. it is a fantastic deal.

there are a few different outdoor reception spots.
  • Beach
  • cascade terrace
  • oceana terrace
  • portofino (indoor/outdoor and for smaller groups only)

For the ceremony, they do 1-2 weddings a day. If you have a larger wedding you most likely will be the only wedding...they may have 2 smaller weddings on one day but when they do this, the weddings are at different part of the resort so they do not bump into each other

Does anyone have any information about the inside reception place at Dreams? I don't like the fact that the outdoor weddings have to end so early. Is it nice inside? If not maybe I could plan something for after the reception like a boat ride or something? (NYorkers like to party).

-Glenda