Photo

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

Hi my name is Glenda. I'm 26 and from Queens, NY. I am so nervous about wedding planning b/c I am clueless as to what needs to be done. I don't even think I'm posting properly!! I feel very overwhelmed. I want to have a wedding in Cabo sometime in 2008 but I don't even know where to start. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

Welcome Glenda - you've definitely come to the right place! You should start your own "Newbie" thread so we can all get to know you and answer all of your questions, but you're off to a good start! You can completely relax now - there are so many Cabo brides on this forum that can help you, and answer any question you have.

#3 KARLA

KARLA
      • 373 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:43 PM

Welcome Glenda,

Have you narrowed down your search to any hotels/sites in particular?
        Do you have a budget?

There are tons of us Cabo brides here, you've come to the right place!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

hi glenda, i moved your post to a new thread so we can focus on you!!

welcome to the forum....you have definitely come to the right place...tehre are so many cabo brides on here.

just read the information as it come...there is no need to make any decisions right away as it can be overwhelming in the beginning process of planning a destination wedding.

some things to ask yourself:
        • what type of event do you envision? casual beach wedding? gazebo? overlooking the ocean? more formal?
        • what is the profile of your group? young, want to have fun? families?
        • what is your budget? targer per room/per night cost? budget for event?
        • how many people are do you think will attend?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:58 PM

Hi and welcome. I think we all have been in your shoes, and I know for me this forum has helped a ton... Ask away and we'll do our best to answer what we can.

#6 BVP

BVP
          • 108 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

Hi Glenda - Welcome and congratulations. You are in the right place - we are all here to help and answer questions. Don't be nervous - you have lots of time!
            Marci

#7 andreslove

andreslove
            • 227 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

Welcome to the board Glenda! We've all felt the way you feel and at times still feel overwhelmed. This board really helps though. There are plenty of Cabo brides to assist you. Let us know how we can help.

#8 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:03 PM

Hello and Welcome. Dont be to overwhelmed. Read through the Cabo threads, get some general ideas of what you would prefer or need for your wedding and then take it from there. Good Luck
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by andreslove
                Welcome to the board Glenda! We've all felt the way you feel and at times still feel overwhelmed. This board really helps though. There are plenty of Cabo brides to assist you. Let us know how we can help.

lenita, love the sig pic!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

Welcome Glenda,

Don't be overwhelmed. This forum is so great to release the stress and vent anytime. Everyone on here is very helpful and honest. I think I would already had a nervous breakdown a few times if it had not been for some of the advice I have read (and I've only been around for a short time). Good luck and let us know if you need anything.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users