Morgan's pre-wedding welcome letters & template for making a brochure

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#161 BirminghamBride2010

BirminghamBride2010
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hi
    Im new and saw this thread and thought maybe I could do this. But I am unsure where to start. I saw something about powerpoint and photoshop, then go to vistaprint to have them printed. SO to make this brochure, I would need to have photo shop?
    Im not the DYI type of person. But its worth a try.

Thanks

#162 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
    • 391 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

morgan they look great

#163 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BirminghamBride2010
        Hi
        Im new and saw this thread and thought maybe I could do this. But I am unsure where to start. I saw something about powerpoint and photoshop, then go to vistaprint to have them printed. SO to make this brochure, I would need to have photo shop?
        Im not the DYI type of person. But its worth a try.

Thanks
        this is just how i did it because these are the programs I have & was familiar with. Something like publisher would probably be more suited for this project.

I definitly didn't go about this the best way. I was very happy with the product, but made it in a pretty round about way.

#164 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,369 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Hi Morgan

Your templates came very highly recommended! Thanks so much for all this great info!

#165 IslandLover

IslandLover
          • 96 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

In Vista Print, how do you know what your resolution is? Ive been working on this for like 6 hours strait and finally have it uploaded to VIsta, still says resolution is too low...how do I know what it is exactly?

thanks
            IslandLover

#166 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

the resolution will be 150dpi when you save it from powerpoint. that is why i would then take it into photoshop & up the resolution to 300dpi. I know 300 dpi is not necessary for a good print. you can probably order it as is from vista print & be fine. I can't guarantee that though, because I haven't done it.

I'm sorry for sharing this PITA way I did things! I wish I made it a simpler way with a template people could use. If i have some free time I might try to put together a better template eventually. or maybe someone else who is trying this project will make something like that.

#167 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

the resolution will be 150dpi when you save it from powerpoint. that is why i would then take it into photoshop & up the resolution to 300dpi. I know 300 dpi is not necessary for a good print. you can probably order it as is from vista print & be fine. I can't guarantee that though, because I haven't done it.

I'm sorry for sharing this PITA way I did things! I wish I made it a simpler way with a template people could use. If i have some free time I might try to put together a better template eventually. or maybe someone else who is trying this project will make something like that.

#168 scottgm2

scottgm2
                • 229 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

this brochure was done very nicely. This is a good idea for the out of town guest.

#169 wpg2010

wpg2010
                  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

this is great!!! you have given me a wonderful idea!
                    75 booked!!! WHOOOP WHOOOPP!!!

#170 Kits55

Kits55
                    • 607 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

I love this thread. I found it when I was a true noob and bookmarked but couldn't find it in all of my wedding stuff. I only have 1.5 weeks before we leave; i am SO far behind on everything but I'm still going to attempt this! I have a good friend who will let me use her photoshop and I actually figured out a way to get the lighter text boxes but didn't play around with it enough to figure out how to change the opacity. It took me HOURS to figure it out as well. Thank you for the template and inspiration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users