#111 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
    Thank you so much for this!!! FI and I are staying in this weekend. As he is on his computer playing video games (dork) heehee I'm going to work on my brochure thanks to you! I used vistaprint for my STD postcards and they turned out great. They weren't exactly what I wanted only because I had to get the STD's out so quickly that I didn't spend much time on the design and I'm not computer savvy. You just solved my problem on the brochures by generously giving me the template! It's like free candy

I do have a question. I opened up the backgrounds you provided with the text boxes in powerpoint. If I type what I want in the boxes and save it can I then just upload into vistaprint?? That would be too easy or do I have to change resolution, etc. like you had mentioned before?
    I think it should be fine right out of powerpoint. It will be a little less than 300 dpi, but it should still look good. I took it from powerpoint & then opened it in photoshop to save as a psd. If you get stuck, send me your ppt file & I can convert it.

#112 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
    • 794 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

Okay, I'm going to be working on it tonight. Who knows what time it will be when I'm done = ) If I need help converting it I'll PM you or you can send me your email. Thanks!!!
      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#113 trisha0612

trisha0612
      • 491 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

Morgan..Thank you so much! Just one question...where did you get that map picture?? I have been using your template to play around with....I love it!
        Travis & Trish
        10-10-08
        Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#114 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by trisha0612
          Morgan..Thank you so much! Just one question...where did you get that map picture?? I have been using your template to play around with....I love it!
          riviera maya map - Google Image Search

I did a google image search for "riviera maya map." There are different versions of that same map all over.

#115 ABeverage

ABeverage
          • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Morgan,

Thank you so much for posting your brochure template. It's awesome! I have been going back and forth on what to do for a pre-wedding welcome letter and this really helped give me some ideas! Thanks again this is such a cute idea.

Also, I've heard about Vista Print but have never used their service. It sounds like you had a good experience going through them and their prices were reasonable. I'll check them out since I don't think my printer will be able to handle the graphics quite that well.

Thanks again,

Amy

#116 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ABeverage
              Morgan,

Thank you so much for posting your brochure template. It's awesome! I have been going back and forth on what to do for a pre-wedding welcome letter and this really helped give me some ideas! Thanks again this is such a cute idea.

Also, I've heard about Vista Print but have never used their service. It sounds like you had a good experience going through them and their prices were reasonable. I'll check them out since I don't think my printer will be able to handle the graphics quite that well.

Thanks again,

Amy
              A lot of us use vista print. Just be sure you are getting a sale price. You can google "vista print coupons" and find tons. I really have been happy with the quality. I also like that I can use all the color I want & not have to worry about using my ink. I can get stuff from them cheaper than I can print it myself & it looks a lot better.

#117 ABeverage

ABeverage
              • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Wow. Thanks for the suggestion. I just googled "vista print coupons" and got a ton of coupons for some great deals. This is great. Is it silly I'm getting excited about this?

Thanks so much!

#118 ABeverage

ABeverage
                • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hey Morgan,

Sorry for so many posts but I have a quick question on Vista Print. I was just looking through their products and I did come across the brochures under their Marketing section but it looks like you can only order 25 at a time. Am I looking at the right thing? I really only need to order 10 though I guess taking in to account how much it would cost me to do it at home buying the 25 wouldn't be all that bad.

Thanks again,

Amy

#119 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ABeverage
                    Hey Morgan,

Sorry for so many posts but I have a quick question on Vista Print. I was just looking through their products and I did come across the brochures under their Marketing section but it looks like you can only order 25 at a time. Am I looking at the right thing? I really only need to order 10 though I guess taking in to account how much it would cost me to do it at home buying the 25 wouldn't be all that bad.

Thanks again,

Amy
                    I like this link www.vistaprint.com/minicatalog

I always get the uploads for free with that link. So shipped 25 brochures came to 35 cents each. Also, a home printer cant print all the way to the edge. I think 25 is the minimum. They usually arrive in 2 weeks even though slow shipping says way longer than that.

#120 Kriswim

Kriswim
                    • 186 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:15 AM

I love your brochure!! It is so complete.
                      I have to do the same thing for my wedding next May in Playa Del Carmen!
                      Thanks for sharing!
                      **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
                      My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users