Plus size wedding gowns

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Celina

• Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

I know for us plus size girls, we have to look a little harder! I dont know if they have them in Canada or not, but have you tried Lane Bryant? I know right now their stock on-line is low, but I picked up my dress there on-line for $89 off-season! I got my dress in two weeks and it was actually a little big. I could return it to the store if I didn't like it. Also, have you looked at igiggi? (I think that's the spelling) They have plus size wedding dresses there too.
    Good luck! Let us know if you find anything - or not!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#12 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

ADDRESS: 1818 DUNDAS ST. E. UNIT #2
      STATE: ON
      ZIP: L1N 2L4
      PHONE: 905 725 3609

They carry Bonny dresses so I'd think they'd be able to order it for you!

#13 jammies1234

• 45 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:34 AM

Hi Melissa, Just thought I'd let you know, New Beginnings is no longer...;-((( It'sa gone, disappeared, vamoosed....but I did find another place in Whitby called Bliss, haven't checked out if they sell Bonny Line or not yet tho.

#14 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by yari2566
          Check out Get Married - Wedding Planning, TV, Brides & More I believe it's part of Lifetime television. Anyhow, they have a show called Get Married and they just aired an episode on plus size wedding gowns. I am sure they have the info posted on their website.
          Thanks for this link! I ve never been there! It even has one of the resorts in Fiji I considered! Thanks!

#15 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

oh well that sucks! i wish people updated their listings a little more frequently!

#16 ticia277

• 212 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

I just read this post and I'm a 2 dress bride. I have a plus size 22W David's Bridal gown for sale. It's brand new.
              Loving Married Life!

#17 zoeysmom1204

• 218 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

Windsor Bridals in Toronto has a large plus size vairety

#18 MarchBride

• 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

I just saw this post and I'm not sure if you've found one as yet, but if you ever come down to TO. Windsor Bridal on Orfus Rd. (by Yorkdale Mall) carries a wide selection of plus size gowns. As well they'll order your size in the regular size styles, as most of them come in larger sizes. One other option is if you're up to it, take a trip to the Buffalo-area David's Bridal and try dresses on. It could be a fun(2-hour) trip for you and your BMs. I didn't order my dress from a boutique, after the second visit I just got really disenchanted. So I found a style I loved, tweaked it a little, and I'm having it custom made. If that's an option you'd like to go for, let me know and I'll connect you with the person who's making mine.

Check out these store listings carrying Bonny Dresses and see if you can make a trip to any of them: Bonny MT Enterprises Co. Ltd. - Celebrating 20 years of Elegance and Quality

Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users