Plus size wedding gowns

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jammies1234

• 45 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:37 AM

Hi there,
    I am looking to purchase a plus size wedding gown 22W, 24W or 26W. The one I like is from Bonny and I have been unable to find a vendor here in Ontario, Canada. Having said that, I have only recently started looking and have so far come up empty handed. I just thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone has any advice?

#2 jammies1234

• 45 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

Ok ladies, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone out there have a plus size wedding gown 22W, 24W or 26W that they my be interested in selling? I have seen a dress that I like from Davids in the USA but being in Canada, I am afraid to order it only to find out it's not what I want or the sizing is wrong etc. Any suggestions anybody?

#3 KLK

• 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:49 AM

I have seen a ton on EBAY? Best wishes!!! :)

#4 amandalovesryan

• 933 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:32 AM

I am normally a 18/20 and got an 18 wedding dress from davids. Davids has a million dresses that would work for you. Is there anyway you can visit one? Davids was great to me but the only problem is I think once you buy something, you cannot return it, i think. i am not sure how it would work online. Good luck!
          My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

#5 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

I too am a Davids bride. I first purchased a 16W. But I just got the call last night that my new dress is in. They will exchange your dress for different sizes (i.e. if you lose weight and need a new size) and I think even different styles too. So if it is possible to make the trip I would encourage you too! Davids has been great to those of us who have a little more curves!

#6 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:00 PM

All most all of the dresses I tried on came in plus sized too. They don't always have the larger size for you to try on but they can order them. Have you asked around?

#7 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

Check out Get Married - Wedding Planning, TV, Brides & More I believe it's part of Lifetime television. Anyhow, they have a show called Get Married and they just aired an episode on plus size wedding gowns. I am sure they have the info posted on their website.

#8 Diamond

• 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

I just googled the word Plus size wedding dress and lots of options came up...

I actually like the dresses on here... Bridal Online Store - Affordable Wedding Dresses, Discount Bridal Gowns & Wedding Accessories
                  and I guess if you mail order you might have to have it altered as well.... I suggest having your measurement ready so you can compare to their size charts. Most sites not only tell you size but they also have charts to match up your measurements... Good luck!
                  Excited for the honeymoon!!

#9 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

Where in Ontario are you? (You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it on here...don't want your address, just where you're close to)

I'll see if I can find a store that sells Bonny dresses for you if you'd like?

#10 jammies1234

• 45 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi Melissa, I'm in Whitby ON (Durham Region so Oshawa, Pickering, Ajax, Bowmanville, Courtice all easily accessible.
                      I have seen quite a few dress's on Davids, but I am worried about ordering a dress that I can't try on first or even see ie the fabric etc.
                      Thanks for the suggesrions ladies and other web sites, I will go on them now to see what I see ;-)))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users