Photo

Sunset At The Palms?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 etherealgirl

etherealgirl
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

Hi everyone! I've done a search and really can't find much about this resort on the forum. We are considering it strongly for our wedding, with Riu Ocho Rios second (and there's sure a lot about that one!). Is anyone actually having their wedding at SATP? If not and you considered it, what changed your mind? In looking at old threads, it looks like required length of stay was a problem.

Thanks!

#2 Kishalee

Kishalee
    • Site Supporter
    • 64 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

That was my problem with it. Many of my guests are already having an issue with the cost. The last thing that I need to do is give them ANY extra costs. Plus, I love my fam, but I want them out of my hair. 2 days after the wedding is enough.

#3 luv2love

luv2love
      • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

I'm getting married at Sunset at the Palms in May. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you out. If you go onto Tripadvisor and do a search for "SATP brides", or "Sunset at the Palms wedding" you should be able to find previous brides from the resort to talk with. A few of those girls helped me out when I was doing my initial planning.

#4 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
        • 687 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

I'm still looking at locations and SATP looks amazing. I also have found a lot of information on Tripadvisor's forums about the resort in general. Good luck!
          Photography by Tamm's Photos
          http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#5 etherealgirl

etherealgirl
          • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

Okay, great, thanks ladies. One thing I am worried about also is kids - I know nothing there caters to them (which I like, and am sure they would find enought to do anyway), but two of our close relatives have two kids in their families, and apparently the resort won't let you have more than one kid per room (which is ridiculous). Our TA said something about "room adoption" - does anyone know anything about this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users