I didn't think it would be this hard...

I have always wanted a DW because I am not a planner and I don't like stress. But trying to plan this wedding is becoming more difficult than I expected. I've only been engaged for a month, but we are hoping to get married this July. I have been in contact with the WC's from two resorts, but as soon as I have asked to put a hold on a date (which I have been told is available), I don't receive a response. I am beyond frustrated. Is it normal / expected for the repsonse time to be soooo slow?

Sad to say but yes the response can be somewhat slow. Try not to stress.. i know much easier said then done. I know i stressed out because my WC didn't get back to me for like a week telling me for sure that it is booked but sure enought she came through and booked it for me.. so just take a deep breath and enjoy your engagement! You'll get the date!!!

I paid $10 to use yahoo voice dial & called the WC at the hotel to confirm my date. It took about a week to get a confirmation even with my calling all the time.

That was the hardest part. Other than that planning has been mostly fun. Get a good TA & don't stress about the details. Planning a DW can be fun and relatively stress free if done right.

Unfortunately patience is something I have learned when dealing with the WC for our DW. From the past brides it is all worth it in the end and with the help of all of the wonderful people on the forum planning really is much easier! I hope your planning gets easier!

It will get better, I promise. The first few decisions about your location and date are the hardest. Once that is over you can focus on the fun stuff! I know it can be hard, but try to be patient...most of these resorts are on their own schedule....and it can take a while!

Karen and I were on the same kind of time table you are on. Engaged on X-Mas eve and married on July 4th. It is definitely possible and the beginning is the hardest part. If you are having trouble with contacting them, get on the phone. We found email communication to be sporadicly effective and very frustrating at times. In the end though, everything came together wonderfully.

I've had similar experiences as the other brides have said. I try to do most of my communicating via email as phone calls can be quite expensive. Responses were slow and spuratic, and very frustrating at times. It took 4 attempts before they finally got the supper right that we wanted! In the end, my patience and persistance paid off and the contract is signed. You definetly have to be on them, but understand that the sense of urgency and stress is very low in these destination countries. I guess that's why they're so relaxed and that's where we go to get away and relax!! LOL

It was hard for me to get used to my WC's laid back way, but I have and I know that things are coming along just fine.

Good luck!!