Photo

I am so bummed out right now

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

I have fallen in love with Dreams Los Cabos and have had my heart set on them. Well, coming from Boston, I didn't realize how expensive it would be for guests to go. It will be about $2000 per person, $4000 per couple that is a lot to ask for my guests to pay. I am at square one all over again. I really fell in love with the weddings they have and the packages they offer. It is almost as expensive to even stay at the Dreams in Tulum or Cancun. I also really loved the idea of doing the wedding at sun set, you dont get the same effect on the East Coast of Mexico. What to do now? I feel I could cry.

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

We struggled with the same issues - our costs are about $1900 per person which is a lot but we loved Paradisus and weren't prepared to compromise - I say keep it and whoever can make it will make it.. It is your wedding day!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:44 PM

are you sure it would be that much?

i just used approx. aire rates for 2008 and sort of speculated on room rates (used some block rates i have for 2009) and i am showing around $3300 ($1650 per person) for 2 people for 6 nights/7 days...that is a long trip.

if you guests went for 4 or 5 days it would be alot less and that includes taxes, food, drinks, etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

If you have fallen in love with somewhere will you truly be happy having your wedding somewhere else? I agree to keep it where your heart is set. You love that location for a reason.

#5 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
        • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

That is great that you found a better rate. I was looking directly through the site, applevacations.com, expedia.com, vacationoutlet.com, etc. I did not think about the block of rooms. That rate makes me feel so much better and happy. When I finally have the ring which should be one-two months (waiting on his bouns to come in March) I will contact you to help with the arrangements. We have been talking about June 09. I am back to feeling better now. Thank you. :) I found this site that you started to be so helpful with many great ideas. I come home from work everyday with new printed stuff for inspiration that I show him - he is very excited about the boarding pass :)

#6 cessyboston

cessyboston
          • VIP Member
          • 2,096 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrs.L
            That is great that you found a better rate. I was looking directly through the site, applevacations.com, expedia.com, vacationoutlet.com, etc. I did not think about the block of rooms. That rate makes me feel so much better and happy. When I finally have the ring which should be one-two months (waiting on his bouns to come in March) I will contact you to help with the arrangements. We have been talking about June 09. I am back to feeling better now. Thank you. :) I found this site that you started to be so helpful with many great ideas. I come home from work everyday with new printed stuff for inspiration that I show him - he is very excited about the boarding pass :)

if you love something you should look into it, i have choosen dreams, also i am from boston, my guets got some great rates thanks to mrs tammy also they found about 1,500 per person for 7 days with food and drinks and taxes thats great deal...keep looking you willfind what you need...good luck
            Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

My advice is stick with what you love and use our beloved Tammy as your TA. She has a great relationship with Dreams (as well as other places of course) and you won't believe how much more that gets you! Plus she's a Dreams Cabo bride herself of course.
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

It sounds like you have already really fallen in love with Dreams - On the bright side all the food/drinks will be paid for since it is an all-inclusive - that could be a selling point to your guests - I know it was for mine!

#9 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  My advice is stick with what you love and use our beloved Tammy as your TA. She has a great relationship with Dreams (as well as other places of course) and you won't believe how much more that gets you! Plus she's a Dreams Cabo bride herself of course.
                  I second this, great advice!!!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

you girls

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users