Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

Hi Ladies,

I found this information on a message board for the book Bridal Bargains and thought since so many of us seem to do online everything this might be useful info.

1) Bridalmarketplace.com: I cannot find a listing for them on the BBB. This is probably because they are working under another name. In fact, when I e-mailed them to find out if they were an authorized dealer (I couldn't find them on the manufacturer's website), their response was: "Yes we are an authorized dealer of Demetrios gowns. We order them under a different name." I then e-mailed them back and asked what this "different name" was. Their response was: "We don't give that name out. Sorry." Sounds pretty fishy to me!!

2) Bridesave.com: They have a "satisfactory" record with the BBB, which means that if they were any complaints made within the last 3 years, they have been resolved and the consumer was satisfied with the resolution.

3) Budgetgowns.com: This is another site that I could not find on the BBB. I even did a search for the owner's name (Sharon Powell).

4) Gownsonline.com: The BBB listed 2 complaints within the past 3 years, including 1 regarding advertising issues and 2 regarding service issues.

5) Netbride.com: They have a satisfactory record with the BBB.

6) PearlsPlace.com: They have a satisfactory record with the BBB.

7) Bargainweddinggowns.com (Priceless Bridals): They have an UNSATISFACTORY record with the BBB.

RKBridal.com: According to the BBB, 4 complaints were made against them in the past 3 years, including 1 in the past 12 months. Complaints involved the following issues: defective/damaged products, delayed, repair issues, selling practices, and miscellaneous issues.

9) Weddingexpressions.com: They have a satisfactory record with the BBB.

10) HouseofBrides.com: According to the BBB, they have had 6 complaints made against them in the past 3 years, including 3 within the past 12 months! These included 1 complaint due to product quality and 5 complaints regarding customer service. Incidentally, Bridal Bargains does not mention them.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:40 PM

Great research Christine!

#3 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
    • 631 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

thanks...I heard bad things about house of brides so I am not surprised by what the BBB says

#4 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

Also for Demitrios, I would call them or e-mail them directly and asked them if Bridalmarketplace.com is an auth retailer...i did that with Maggie for bestbridal or bridal save (one them) prices and they sent me an e-mail stating they were auth dealer.

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Christine, that's great for all of us trying to do everything possible online!

#6 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

I wrote about it on a few other posts but I used Netbride - discount bridal gowns, wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and my dress came early, for less money, and in perfect condition!

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:30 PM

Janet, did you find the dress at a shop and then order it online?
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

Great information, Christine! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

#9 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:51 PM

CHristine,

Yes, I found it in a boutique and then priced it out at several online retailers. I wouldn't buy a dress online without either trying it on or being able to return it (unless you have a perfect model body, which I don't!)

I saved about $250 or $300 by ordering online. Same designer/manufacturer...different middleman. Casablanca was my designer, btw.

#10 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

Did you go shopping in the DC Area? I am headed back to CA this weekend to shop, but I think it might be easier to find something here...where did you go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users