Online Dress Ordering
Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:30 PM
I found this information on a message board for the book Bridal Bargains and thought since so many of us seem to do online everything this might be useful info.
1) Bridalmarketplace.com: I cannot find a listing for them on the BBB. This is probably because they are working under another name. In fact, when I e-mailed them to find out if they were an authorized dealer (I couldn't find them on the manufacturer's website), their response was: "Yes we are an authorized dealer of Demetrios gowns. We order them under a different name." I then e-mailed them back and asked what this "different name" was. Their response was: "We don't give that name out. Sorry." Sounds pretty fishy to me!!
2) Bridesave.com: They have a "satisfactory" record with the BBB, which means that if they were any complaints made within the last 3 years, they have been resolved and the consumer was satisfied with the resolution.
3) Budgetgowns.com: This is another site that I could not find on the BBB. I even did a search for the owner's name (Sharon Powell).
4) Gownsonline.com: The BBB listed 2 complaints within the past 3 years, including 1 regarding advertising issues and 2 regarding service issues.
5) Netbride.com: They have a satisfactory record with the BBB.
6) PearlsPlace.com: They have a satisfactory record with the BBB.
7) Bargainweddinggowns.com (Priceless Bridals): They have an UNSATISFACTORY record with the BBB.
RKBridal.com: According to the BBB, 4 complaints were made against them in the past 3 years, including 1 in the past 12 months. Complaints involved the following issues: defective/damaged products, delayed, repair issues, selling practices, and miscellaneous issues.
9) Weddingexpressions.com: They have a satisfactory record with the BBB.
10) HouseofBrides.com: According to the BBB, they have had 6 complaints made against them in the past 3 years, including 3 within the past 12 months! These included 1 complaint due to product quality and 5 complaints regarding customer service. Incidentally, Bridal Bargains does not mention them.
Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:02 PM
Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:14 PM
Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:19 PM
Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:30 PM
Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:51 PM
Yes, I found it in a boutique and then priced it out at several online retailers. I wouldn't buy a dress online without either trying it on or being able to return it (unless you have a perfect model body, which I don't!)
I saved about $250 or $300 by ordering online. Same designer/manufacturer...different middleman. Casablanca was my designer, btw.
Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:50 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users