Photo

wedding dress long train in the sand?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Jackie

Jackie
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

Could you imagine! If people saw me walking down the aisle in an extravagent dress all they would see is the dress and my little head poping out of it. Like a big snowball rolling down the beach. Not good!
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#12 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:47 PM

oh, I'm right there with you Jackie! I'm 5 foot nothing, so I feel like I will look so little if I don't wear some damn heels! Especially next to Steve, he's 5'8", which isn't that tall, but its a heck of a lot taller than me!

#13 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:34 PM

OK you guys, am I the only giant on this board??!! I'm 5'9" !! My FI is only an inch taller than me, so I try to wear low heels with him. But I love my high heels, I rarely go a day with out wearing them. I will be barefoot for our ceremony.

#14 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
        • 550 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
        • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
        • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

I'm wearing my train down in the sand - let it get dirty, I'm never wearing the dress again, and want to get my $$ worth. :-)

As for shoes - barefoot for the ceremony, and then I got strappy heels for after.
        Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
        June 23, 2007
        Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
        Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#15 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:48 PM

Christa your taller then I' am, I'm 5'7 and Cain is an inch taller then me too. I'm going barefoot for the ceremony

#16 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:17 PM

I put up my bustle right after the ceremony because people kept stepping on it, plus I loved the way it looked all bustled up! But yeah, it made it easier to walk, dance, everything once it was up.

#17 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

The dress I want has a short sweep train which I guess will need to be bustled afterr the ceremony. I'm 5' 6" (my FI is the same exact height) so barefoot for the ceremony and lower heels for the reception. The question is how show to I have the dress hemmed?
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#18 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
              • 631 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:41 PM

my fbil got married in grenada and his bride had a train...no worries she said with the sand so u should be okl.

BUT i was surprised she wore Heels! I was like dang...I will either do flip flops or wedges

#19 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  The dress I want has a short sweep train which I guess will need to be bustled afterr the ceremony. I'm 5' 6" (my FI is the same exact height) so barefoot for the ceremony and lower heels for the reception. The question is how show to I have the dress hemmed?
                  Kash,

I am definitely following Natasha's suggestion of getting hemmed at barefoot length, otherwise it may be hard to walk on the beach if it's a bit longer (I seriously don't want to trip & fall!).

#20 Jackie

Jackie
                  • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:55 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jilly76
                    oh, I'm right there with you Jackie! I'm 5 foot nothing, so I feel like I will look so little if I don't wear some damn heels! Especially next to Steve, he's 5'8", which isn't that tall, but its a heck of a lot taller than me!
                    Ryans is around 5'9" too. Its so funny because I always think he is so tall but then he stands next to other men and I am reminded of how short he is. But to me he is huge.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                    OK you guys, am I the only giant on this board??!! I'm 5'9" !! My FI is only an inch taller than me, so I try to wear low heels with him. But I love my high heels, I rarely go a day with out wearing them. I will be barefoot for our ceremony.
                    You are blessed. If I could have just a couple more inches on my stubby little legs I would be the happiest girl on earth.
                    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users