Photo

cabo wedding!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ilovetj

ilovetj
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:05 PM

i am getting married in cabo next october- trying to decide between casa del mar, casa natalia or renting private villas or condos- about 45 people total... we want everyone to be able to hang out and i dont know what's a better idea- private condos or villas with no communal area, or all being at one hotel where others are staying too?!?

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:44 PM

Well, you've come to the right place!! There are tons of Cabo brides here, that have gotten married or are getting married at all types of venues from small boutique hotels to big all inclusives. There are a few that have gone the villa route and had positive experiences. Enjoy the site & let us know how we can help!

#3 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:24 PM

Welcome!

Have you considered the Cabo Surf Hotel? If so, let me know because I got married there and LOOOOOOOOVED it. It has a similar feel to the others you listed because it's small and private. Cabo Surf Hotel, beach resort, boutique hotel in Los Cabos with surfing, Baja diving and Cabo golf. -- they have a good amount of wedding info on their website

I honeymooned at Casa del Mar and it's a gorgeous property. They've been going through construction that has caused a bit of grief for two brides on this board, but I doubt that would be a problem next October.

Casa Natalia is different because it's not on the beach. Do you want a beach wedding? Or would you just have the reception at Casa Natalia?

We also have a few private villa brides. I thought about going that route for awhile but changed my mind as the prices seemed to keep going up and up in my budget (since you basically have to hire everyone, unlike a hotel where they have tables, linens, staff, etc.)

For any of the locations you listed, just do a Search on this forum and there is tons more info! Let me know if I can help anymore.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

welcome to the forum...there are quite a few cabo brides on here...i originally wanted a villa but after researching realized it wasn't the best option...i wanted a place where we could all hang out and we outgrew any villa.

but a few of our brides got married or will be married at a villa and i am sure they can help.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:57 AM

taryn is having a villa wedding...her thread is here:

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1887

and cabodate:

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1518

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 ilovetj

ilovetj
        • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:59 AM

Thanks all for your posts so far! i have checked out the cabo surf hotel and the budget thing is definitely an issue wherever we go... if we did stay at casa natalia, we'd probably have the wedding ceremony and reception somewhere different all together... which means more expenses with location fees, etc. did you all use a wedding coordinator? if so, who was it with what company?

do you think it's important to have the wedding at the same place that everyone is staying?

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:05 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ilovetj
          Thanks all for your posts so far! i have checked out the cabo surf hotel and the budget thing is definitely an issue wherever we go... if we did stay at casa natalia, we'd probably have the wedding ceremony and reception somewhere different all together... which means more expenses with location fees, etc. did you all use a wedding coordinator? if so, who was it with what company?

do you think it's important to have the wedding at the same place that everyone is staying?
          well it gets a little more difficult when you have a wedding at a different location than where you are staying...finding transportation can be a PITA and will be an extra cost.

have you looked into PB Pacifica, Cabo Surf, Hilton?

some of the larger resorts have really great onsite WC...if you are looking for a WC there are a few that are members of the board.

some of the gals are using lovely weddings, maye cortines, blanca, and some others...you can find their info here on the board.

Awards and recognition: 

#8 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:44 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

I am getting married in PV, so I can't help much with the Cabo specific questions. However, I am getting married off site from where everyone is staying - we're getting married at a private beach that is only accessible via a 45 min boat ride! So getting married off site will require some additional work and coordination, but it is doable. Then we're having a welcome dinner at the resort where (I hope) we get people to stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users