Photo

Ocho Rios Bachelor and Bachelorette Party?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

We are going to do a bachelorette/bachelor/bridal shower there for the same reason since everyone one is all over the US and they are already going through great lenghts to get to Jamaica. My BM's don't seem very active in putting something together, so I feel, so I have thrown ideas out there to them. I wanted to do something at Margaritaville, but I was worried that with all the alcohol and whatnot, I would rathe rbe somewhere safe and know we have a ride to and from. So I was thinking of playing games at the resort. The usual games, and then to make it interesting, doing some sort of scavenger hunt for silly things... I think that with as many people that would be at the resort, we would run into some exciting things...or just having our girl time...

#12 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

I saw some girls set up a bachlorette party at Dunns River bar with decorations and stuff.

I know on some nights they made an annoucement after the nightly show that there was a bus going to Margarittaville, but i don't know if they do that every night or just some nights. I know on saturday night after the beach party they did it and the bus ride was free there and back, and women got in free to Margarittaville.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#13 christenew

christenew
      • 325 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

I heard that Margarittaville it tonnes of fun, but very very expensive. Anyone been there. My friend went 3 months ago and he said he paid $15 Canadian for 1 drink.

#14 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
        • 382 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

Wow, that is expensive... Well, Court how did the set up at Dunn's River bar look I'm thinking that may be the best way to go.

#15 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
            Wow, that is expensive... Well, Court how did the set up at Dunn's River bar look I'm thinking that may be the best way to go.
            It was nice, they had pink and black balloons and streamers that they used to mark off their area

#16 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
            • 382 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:42 AM

How do I subtly tell my girls that's what I want to do, without TELLING them

#17 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

I am a firm believer in being direct! Especially about things that can't be done over. If you don't tell them you want your bachlorette party at the resort, and then they don't plan it, you'll forever be upset about it. I would just say that since the only time you will have everyone together will be at the resort, that's where you want to have your party. You could even go "bar hoping" between the 3 bars that are open at night. I'm sure the bartenders will make ya'll special drinks and you might even get pulled up on stage by the entertainment people. KiKi hosts a lot of the shows and she will remember your name and face and will call you out! she even came to my wedding, i think she watched from the pool area.

#18 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                • 584 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:56 AM

I'm planning a day trip with the wedding party to Dunn's Falls. That evening the ladies will get together (PJ Party w/drinks) and the guys will party elsewhere.

Not much else planned. There won't be many joining us so we're thinking more intimate.

#19 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                  • 489 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by christenew
                    I heard that Margarittaville it tonnes of fun, but very very expensive. Anyone been there. My friend went 3 months ago and he said he paid $15 Canadian for 1 drink.
                    The more expensive drink is 13,95$ but you keep the glass. It's really a nice one ....I think the glass worth 8$ in the Store. The rest should be around 8$ I would say
                    http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users