Photo

GM Gifts... Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

Okay. So my fiance isn't all there sometimes and well last evening I asked him if he had gotten his GM gifts yet and he says "No... I decided not to get them anything". So of course I have a freak out session because I am being extra nice to my BMs since they have paid all this money to be at our wedding and he has decided to just not get anything for the guys!
    So, I decided if he isn't going to do it, I'm going to have to do it. I have a few obstacles though... #1 we leave for Mexico in 10 days, #2 It can't be anything I order off the internet because there is a good possibility I wouldn't recieve it in time, and #3 It is going to have to be something reasonably cheap because money is extremely tight now...
    So if anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

Oh jeez. What is wrong with men sometimes? How about going out and getting thema nice watch? That's always a good gift for a man. Waht is your price range??

#3 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
      • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
        Oh jeez. What is wrong with men sometimes? How about going out and getting thema nice watch? That's always a good gift for a man. Waht is your price range??
        I have no idea what is wrong with these men sometimes!
        Watch is a good idea.. I really don't want to spend over $50/person.. I know that sounds cheap but money is EXTREMELY tight with us. We've had to pay for everything for the wedding (neither of our families have chipped in at all) so it has been a bit of a struggle for us..

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:04 AM

We got GM's Reef Dram sandals (w/ flasks in heel). And we are getting Dominican Rum upon arrival to add to flask.
          Can you just buy them a nice bottle of the local drink and give it to them at the rehearsal dinner?

#5 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
          • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            We got GM's Reef Dram sandals (w/ flasks in heel). And we are getting Dominican Rum upon arrival to add to flask.
            Can you just buy them a nice bottle of the local drink and give it to them at the rehearsal dinner?
            Oh great idea!!

#6 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
            • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

Ok. This problem has been solved (I hope). My fiance just called and apologized for upsetting me about not getting the guys something. He said not to worry and that he would take care of it. So hopefully he keeps his word!

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Oh good, and if all else fails, the local alcohol (like Cuervo or Sauza Hornitos) idea is great, you could shop for cute woven bags or something to present each of them in, to make it look nice and to add some Mexican flair.

#8 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
              • 161 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

It's always good to have an idea to fall back on. Thanks!

#9 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

I think the Reef flip flops are a good - cheap idea, that they could use while there. They have them with the bottle opener on the bottom as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users