Photo

AMAZING Flights from Austin to Cancun!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

Aerobus is now flying out of Austin and my best friend just booked flights for her and her husband for seven nights for $150 TOTAL!!!! Not each, but TOTAL!!!

#2 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

I don't believe it!!!!!!! That is ridiculous - how is that possible?!?! Wow, I should move to Austin just so I can get great deals on flights to mexico.
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

$150 roundtrip for two people? Are there any restrictions like luggage?

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

I emailed this to my TA to see what she knows about it. I don't have any guests flying out of austin who haven't booked already, but others might be willing to drive from corpus or other cities.

#5 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

Ooops! She just completed all the info and with taxes and fees it came out to $374. But still!!! We paid more than that per person!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

When sun country had flights with funjet, I saw $200 flights all the time from houston to cancun. I hope they will drop to that when the date gets closer, but I don't know what to expenct.

#7 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

I was so excited to share this info, but I guess I should have waited until she completed the booking.

Sorry, ladies....that price is still really good though!

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

They are talking about this on my other forum, slickdeals
                  Viva $10 One-Way Nonstop Airfares To Cancun Or Monterrey, Mexico! Viva La Tequila - SlickDeals.net Forums

#9 edna

edna
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

I have used VivaAerobus since they started operations in Mexico like a year ago, they are very cheap but you have to expect what you pay in price. You don’t get a seat assigned, you have to make lines, first to arrive are the first to get in to the plane and choose their seats. The people with children, handicapped and pregnant ladies are also on the first line...

They sell the food and drink: sodas, beer, chips, sandwiches, etc. The seats do not move, so if you plan to sleep try to get a window seat so you can place your head against the wall or window.

Also they are not too good with the timing; they are between 75-85% on time. So please be careful if you have connections because they are a charter company and they won't be responsible to put you in a different flight if you miss yours because of their delay.

The planes are old, but with all this said is really good to have a round flight of $50 USD if you buy them on the special offer. We got those and we are going to do a second site visit LOL next week to PV...

I have used them for Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Hermosillo and Merida and I haven’t paid more than $120 round trip for any of them..

So if you don’t have issues flying cheap... VivaAerobus is a good choice.

#10 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

That's good to know, Edna. Thanks for the info!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users