Dress for sale!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

You may have seen my previous post about finding another dress that I love. Well, David's Bridal won't let me exchange my dress so I'm trying to sell my original dress so I can buy the new one. It is a Galina dress from David's. It has never been altered. It is a size 4. The dress was originally $399. I also have a veil and shoes that match. If anyone is interested, please let me know asap!!!

Here is the link to the exact dress: David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns H8665 Tea-length, A-line with satin belt detail. Beaded lace and tulle skirt.

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

That's too bad they won't exchange it! I'm sure you will have no trouble selling it! I wish I could fit into a size 4 you skinny little girlie!

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

Awww, Lizz that blows. I can't beleive they won't let you return it after getting your hopes all up.

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
          Awww, Lizz that blows. I can't beleive they won't let you return it after getting your hopes all up.
          I know, I'm trying so hard not to cry at work right now. I didn't think I would care that much, but I do. It just really pisses me off because I ordered the dress so early because they told me it "may be discontinued" (this was back in May) and it would take a long time to come in (it was ready in 2 weeks). So now it's been sitting in a closet since June with the tags still on it. They still carry the same exact dress in the store, so why can I not exchange it? AAAAHHHHH...thanks for letting me vent!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Awww, don't cry! I am sorry it's so upsetting. Somene will buy it, if not here, then from EBAY or another place. You can probably put it in a consignment shop as well.

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
              Awww, don't cry! I am sorry it's so upsetting. Somene will buy it, if not here, then from EBAY or another place. You can probably put it in a consignment shop as well.
              Thanks, Carly! I already listed it on ebay, so I'll see what happens. I do still like my dress, so I'm trying hard not to freak out.

#7 Leia78

Leia78
              • VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz
                Thanks, Carly! I already listed it on ebay, so I'll see what happens. I do still like my dress, so I'm trying hard not to freak out.
                I'm trying to sell mine too. I listed it on ebay and no such luck so far. I did put it on craigslist and had a few inquiries but no one bought it yet. I hope I sell mine.

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Leia78
                  I'm trying to sell mine too. I listed it on ebay and no such luck so far. I did put it on craigslist and had a few inquiries but no one bought it yet. I hope I sell mine.
                  Leia, I LOVE your dress (as you probably know!). I wish I could buy yours, but now I fell in love with another one even more (I think I need to stop looking at dresses!) Let me know how it works out with Craigslist.

#9 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

I sold mine over Craigslist... there is hope!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#10 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Sorry it didn't work out. I don't know why they would give you such a hard time especially if you were going to buy another dress from them. That really sucks!!! Do you need us to go kick someone's butt? I can't fight-at least I don't think so, but for a fellow bdw'er I'd be willing to try. Don't they know the bride to be is supposed to get her way allll the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users