Photo

Shawn Starr-talented photographer in Oahu

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 ed pingol

ed pingol
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

shawn starr is awesome!!! definitely inspired by his work!

#12 melody

melody
    • 236 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:07 AM

WOW! this is a great thread! I have been looking at photographer's websites all day and these are very impressive.

Gina ~ Great pics!

#13 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
      • 714 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hi Melody! Are you getting married in Oahu? Who is your photographer? Shawn is awesome for weddings! He is the nicest guy (we have only been communicating thru e-mails!). I have talked to several photographers who have a lot of respect for him.

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jtds2713
          Dear Moderators,

Can I ask one of you to please change the title of this thread to Shawn Starr-talented photographer in Oahu.

Thank you much!

Jess
          Hi Jess,

i just saw this post and changed it - sorry about that!

:) Alyssa

#15 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
          • 714 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

Thank you Alyssa! I appreciate it very much! ARe you getting excited? We are moving our date to August 7. But ours is only a legal wedding. I am so excited for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you since I will be in Hawaii (Oahu and Kauai) in August ok?

Best,

Jess

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jtds2713
              Thank you Alyssa! I appreciate it very much! ARe you getting excited? We are moving our date to August 7. But ours is only a legal wedding. I am so excited for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you since I will be in Hawaii (Oahu and Kauai) in August ok?

Best,

Jess
              Jess,
              i am getting really excited but also very nervous! it just seems like time is flying by so freaking fast. I appreciate the offer but the only islands we will be going to will be Molokai and Big Island with a quick stop in Honolulu. It figures you are going to the other islands LOL.

Actually, after our honeymoon on BI, we are flying out of HNL on 9/13 and our flight is not until 10:30PM so we were planning on spending the day in Honolulu - any recomendations?

thanks!
              alyssa

#17 Autumn

Autumn
              • 1,166 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                the only islands we will be going to will be Molokai and Big Island..
                alyssa
                where on the Big Island are you going? I shot a wedding in October at the Mauna Lani Resort and spent a week there. It was wonderful! (we stayed in the Waikoloa area, but did several day trips - sooo much fun!)

#18 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
                • 714 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  Jess,
                  i am getting really excited but also very nervous! it just seems like time is flying by so freaking fast. I appreciate the offer but the only islands we will be going to will be Molokai and Big Island with a quick stop in Honolulu. It figures you are going to the other islands LOL.

Actually, after our honeymoon on BI, we are flying out of HNL on 9/13 and our flight is not until 10:30PM so we were planning on spending the day in Honolulu - any recomendations?

thanks!
                  alyssa
                  Hi Alyssa,

What do you want to do? I have never been to Honolulu. But I have a great guide book! Also since we are going to be there earlier, I can make recommendations and let you know when we come back in August. Are you looking at restaurants, museums, gardens, activities (sightseeing, snorkeling). I want to start a thread on things to do in Oahu. There is not a lot of information on BDW on Hawaii so I want to start a thread on that.

Best to you!

Jessica

#19 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Autumn
                    where on the Big Island are you going? I shot a wedding in October at the Mauna Lani Resort and spent a week there. It was wonderful! (we stayed in the Waikoloa area, but did several day trips - sooo much fun!)
                    Hi Autumn,
                    We are spending half of the week at
                    Hi Alyssa,

What do you want to do? I have never been to Honolulu. But I have a great guide book! Also since we are going to be there earlier, I can make recommendations and let you know when we come back in August. Are you looking at restaurants, museums, gardens, activities (sightseeing, snorkeling). I want to start a thread on things to do in Oahu. There is not a lot of information on BDW on Hawaii so I want to start a thread on that.

Best to you!

Jessica
                    Jess,

Well, we will have a rental car for the day and have about 8 hours to do something so probably a great restaurant for lunch and some sightseeing / hiking / driving. Nothing water related b/c we will be getting on a plane later that day and won't want to be wet or have to get changed.
                    Thanks so much!!!
                    Alyssa

#20 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
                    • 714 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Hi Alyssa,

I have a created a thread on a few recommended restaurants here. I will also post some things to do in the thread Attractions & Activities in Oahu.

Jess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users