Other message boards ... not so nice

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

That is so true! I was a member of another board before I found BDW. First of all people weren't very helpful or supportive of DWs anyway, and secondly it was like people looked for a reason to fight! It was a type-writte Judge Judy!

I posted something about Jamaica and someone else posted how it was a dangerous 3rd world country and people who visit are exploiting the "natives". It turned into a huge black/white cat fight!

Needless to say, I quit posting to that group!

#12 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

That is the reason why Tammy created this forum. I was on the knot every now and then when I was planning our wedding and most of the time the girls would only talk to whoever was in there click of they were just rude.

We have a great group of people on here.

#13 amandalovesryan

• 933 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

I love BDW! I have an addiction!
        My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

#14 becks

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

I love the warm fuzzy here. I've never seen anything snarky or mean.

And everyone is so supportive and excited for everyone else. I just don't get why people would bother to be any other way.

I love my BDW family!!!! Now if I could just find a way to get you all to my wedding; Oh the fun we'd have!!!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#15 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

I love BDW too!

I use to be an active Weight Watchers message board user and boy were they crazy. I was shocked and how people thought they owned the board. Needless to say I stopped participating.

Everyone here is so awesome and if someone steps out of line "whack" they are banned.

#16 stei0419

• 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

I totally agree! I love this website! I used to lurk on the knot boards too but I didn't like them at all, I'm so glad I found this site. If you think those boards are bad, you guys should have seen the knot auction on jellyfish.com they had a couple weeks ago...it was downright nasty!

#17 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by yari2566
              Everyone here is so awesome and if someone steps out of line "whack" they are banned.
              I like it - I think this should be our new slogan here at BDW.

"If you get out of whack, you'll be whacked."

#18 coreyphil

• 497 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

I've never been on a forum before, so this was a first ... so I'm spoiled --- everyone has always been SO nice --- friendly and supportive! I loved the idea of sharing great information and great ideas! Over the last few months I get so excited whenever someone hits another big step ... picking invites, their dress, leaving for their big day ... it's like having a bunch of sisters!

Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                Yeah, I really don't get it either. I used to be on a message board and ppl were always trying to "own" fellow members. I was mainly on there because an ex of mine was - so glad that's over!!!

I *heart* BDW

Speaking of "I *heart*..." - GLENDA, is that a picture of you and your FI?!? Y'all are adorable!!!!
                Ditto - Glenda, your new siggy pic is so cute --- it cracked me up because when I drink I get super-rosy cheeks, too!

And, Jaime --- I love that picture of you and martin! It was one of my favorites ... It is just so sweet, you can just see how much he loves you!

#19 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

There was actually someone booted off a few months back---I assume it was just because she was being evil. I like how the bad people "vanish"

#20 meandpaul

• 233 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

The Knot can be very cruel. I have read posts that actually said they wished another poster dead. It sucks. That forum is not monitored at all so they feel free to say whatever...

I heart you people!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users