Hello everyone! I need some help/advice as I am having second thoughts about using the boarding passes as our STD's.

I am feeling this way because I will have to make over 150 sets as of right now (2 pages per set x 3 passes = 6 passes per set x 150 sets = 900 passes) and to me Miss "Not-so-DIY" that seems like a ton of work.

I don't expect most people will be able to come......and I am thinking this will be pretty costly and time consuming, so I was thinking about making VistaPrint postcards (100 for free - shipping, etc extra) like this (see below-left) and I would like to have a pre-RSVP post card for them to mail back to me so that I would know how many people were serious but would this look cheezy/cheap? What do I write for the pre-RSVP.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

The people that say NO dont get invitations and the people who say YES or MAYBE (can I do that) will get official invites?

I am getting married next May - almost 1 year away, is it too early to send the STD postcards (oh and magnet - see above-right) with the pre-RSVP card by June/July 11 or 10 months in advance, ask for RSVP by ?? and then send a shortened/fancier version of the Boarding Pass as my invite but when would that need to be sent by?

Ever since I got the invite lists from the parents I have been so freaking out here smile41.gif Has anyone done something like this? I love the boarding passes but I am just trying to save money and time!

Thanks everyone for reading this post!!

I did vistaprint postcards for my STDs. Guests loved them.

www.vistaprint.com/minicatalog

that's the link I always use for coupons & free uploads (they say $2.50, but I never get charged). also, even slow shipping arrives in about 2 weeks. Just making a cheap thing even cheaper.

You saw my invites today. They were also very inexpensive & my guests loved them too.

What didn't work about your dreams cancun postcards? I saw on the other post they didn't look good. Was it resoultion? I might be able to help you solve it.

You could also come up with a modified boarding pass invite that uses vistaprint's 4x8 invitation. A cheaper version of the boarding pass invite. Just put them in a long envelops that opens on the end. I think it would be really cute & not expensive.

HI MORGAN!! Thanks for responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

Cool - how did you get an idea of how many people were coming after you sent the STD and how far in advance did you send the STD? Most people on my list are NOT internet savvy and my total invites needed are at about 250+ now (375 total people invited)

that's the link I always use for coupons & free uploads (they say $2.50, but I never get charged). also, even slow shipping arrives in about 2 weeks. Just making a cheap thing even cheaper.

Thanks I will try that and make some Postcards (1 STD, 1 INFO (Resort & TA) and another RSVP) - can I order that many at one time in VistaPrint?

You saw my invites today. They were also very inexpensive & my guests loved them too.

Yes they were awesome! Great job! I think once I know how many will officially be coming I will make/buy an official invitation. My budget it limited so I would rather spend less on the STD's and more on the invites as far as quality, etc goes (less in number to send out too)

What didn't work about your dreams cancun postcards? I saw on the other post they didn't look good. Was it resoultion? I might be able to help you solve it.

The Dreams postcards came out nice actually when I received them, compared to what showed up on here and I am putting them in my future OOT bags - so they dont have to be too great

You could also come up with a modified boarding pass invite that uses vistaprint's 4x8 invitation. A cheaper version of the boarding pass invite. Just put them in a long envelops that opens on the end. I think it would be really cute & not expensive.

That's an idea but I think might cost more than doing the postcards for free/practically free?

I am getting married next May - almost 1 year away, is it too early to send the STD postcards (oh and magnet - see above-right) with the pre-RSVP card by June/July 11 or 10 months in advance, ask for RSVP by ?? and then send a shortened/fancier version of the Boarding Pass as my invite but when would that need to be sent by?

I think airlines realease their schedules 13 months in advance so you should be ok sending out your STD's now wink.gif

I'm also getting married next May and FI and I were having the exact same questions!

I think we've decided to send out STD magnets first, probably in June/July and then wait to send out the boarding passes as invites for the exact same reasons as you listed. I think the Pre-RSVP card is a great idea to get at least a preliminary "NO" count.

Also, I don't think it's too early to send out the STD's. It gives guests plenty of notice and time to think about saving, planning, etc. :)

Will your TA, hotel, etc. info somehow be included in the STDs so guests can go ahead and book when they want?

Originally Posted by Morgan

Cool - how did you get an idea of how many people were coming after you sent the STD and how far in advance did you send the STD? Most people on my list are NOT internet savvy and my total invites needed are at about 250+ now (375 total people invited)

I never had an idea how many were coming. We are not doing a private reception so I did not need to have a head count. I sent out STD 10-9 months in advance with our website. The non-internet savy people I could imagine coming were family, so I printed out my website & mailed it to them. I think just including your TAs number could be enough. The only RSVP we got was seeing who booked a trip.

Thanks I will try that and make some Postcards (1 STD, 1 INFO (Resort & TA) and another RSVP) - can I order that many at one time in VistaPrint?

I always place multiple orders to get the free stuff each time. If I wanted 200 postcards, Iâ€d do 2 x 100 free orders.

Yes they were awesome! Great job! I think once I know how many will officially be coming I will make/buy an official invitation. My budget it limited so I would rather spend less on the STD's and more on the invites as far as quality, etc goes (less in number to send out too)

Sarah made message in a bottle invites. She said that she wished she saved the money & just sent them to the people going. You could also make a cheap version of invites for those not going. Maybe more of an announcement. Like a real boarding pass invite for those going & a modified vista print boarding pass for those that RSVPed no. Well, maybe a boarding pass is a weird thing to send people not “boarding.†Not sure.

The Dreams postcards came out nice actually when I received them, compared to what showed up on here and I am putting them in my future OOT bags - so they dont have to be too great

Oh I see. I just saw you were looking for pictures so I thought you had to remake those. Iâ€m glad they turned out good. They look great.

That's an idea but I think might cost more than doing the postcards for free/practically free?

Yes, it would be more than postcards. I was thinking for your invites, not STDs. The postcards are definitely a lot cheaper, especially if you donâ€t need envelops & can use the cheap stamps. Iâ€m going to do wedding announcements after the wedding with more vista print postcards. I love them! They will be my Christmas cards from now on too.

OK, almost 3am and came up with the following:

front of postcard

Click the image to open in full size.

back of postcard

Click the image to open in full size.

I think I will make a 2nd postcard to give guests the TA info and something about the hotel for those that dont have internet? Will post when I get there!

Whatcha think?