Sign in to follow this  
BandE2008

Thailand or Bali - where would you go?

I've never been to either, but my girlfriend that travels all over the world (her dad and her are pilots) says Thailand is her favorite place ever.

I have not been to either. My BFF went to Thailand though and didn't really like it. I MUST SAY THAT I think it is because she is a vegetarian and couldn't deal with the food issues.

I would LOVE to go to either!!

I just returned from 10 days in Thailand. I would highly recommend it for a vacation locale. It was my second time in Thailand, but my first time actually vacationing there - the other time was on business. I could easily see splitting two weeks between Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai.

I have heard wonderful things about Bali from friends who travel there frequently and my H and I plan to take a trip there the next time that we travel overseas. However, with no real experience, I can only truly recommend Thailand.

We stayed at the Millenium Hilton on BKK (on the river) although if your budget permits, the Peninsula was right next door, and it's one of the most affordable Peninsulas in the world. (Our hotel was paid for by my company - otherwise we would have splurged!) In Phuket we stayed at the Moevenpick resort in Karon Beach in a Plunge Pool penthouse Villa. I would highly recommend this resort.

Good luck with your decision!

I've been to Thailand, and it was pretty awesome. Specifically, it was cheap and you got a really good vacation out of a decent priced trip.

Also, there is a good mix of outdoorsie things to do, IE diving, snorkling, sitting on the beach, and cultural things such as all the temples in Bangkok and the other city just north (can't recall the name).

I'm planning my honeymoon to Bali though, since we've been to Thailand... and flights to Tahiti and Bali are the same price (but the hotels in Tahiti are just way overpriced).

I would be ecstatic to go to either but I wouldf pick Thailand first. I;ve been dying to go there and I think there's just way more to see and do. Bali of course would be amazing too...

My vote is Thailand!

i'd choose thailand. but unfortunately FI is allergic to nuts and we're worried he wouldn't be able to eat too much because of all the peanut oil in thai food (going on the assumption that real thai food is cooked in as much peanut oil that american thai food is).

I haven't been to Bali - but would love to go there!!

I have been to Thailand! We were there for about a month and travelled around to all the islands in the Southern part of Thailand. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Either choice would be awesome though!

i don't know...i've always wanted to go to thailand, but would like to go to bali too...

what's the difference in flight time? if you have a hard time choosing, you could always go by that?! wink.gif