Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

There was no extra cost involved in changing hotels unless it it will somehow show up later it'd be a surprise.  It was still two weeks before the travel when they made the change.  They booked an air+hotel package from the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ladies,

This is for the brides/bridesmaids who got their hair and/or makeup done. I'm definitely getting my hair done but I think I can do my own makeup. I'm wondering what recent brides thought of their hair/makeup. The spa prices have gone up quite a bit and I was wondering if it would be worth it to say, have my grandmothers hair or makeup done as a gift, etc.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by Kris2012 View Post

Hi ladies,

This is for the brides/bridesmaids who got their hair and/or makeup done. I'm definitely getting my hair done but I think I can do my own makeup. I'm wondering what recent brides thought of their hair/makeup. The spa prices have gone up quite a bit and I was wondering if it would be worth it to say, have my grandmothers hair or makeup done as a gift, etc.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Hi kris2012,

I got married at the GP in July and got my hair done there along with my mom, mother-in-law and 2 bridesmaids. First tip I can give you is to check and see how many stylists they have now and whether or not the A/C is working. Unfortunately I had the awful luck that the A/C was not working on the morning/early afternoon of my appointment!! AND there is only ONE stylist. yes, just one. I would e-mail Carolina now or closer to your wedding to see what the situation is with stylists because if it wasn't for me getting to the salon at 12 noon for my 5pm wedding ceremony, who know whether I would have had the chance to get my hair done!

I have medium length curly hair that was blown dry and styled and just imagine going through that when it is already 90+ degrees inside! NOT one of the best moments for me at the Palladium, I wish Carolina could have given me a heads up in that regard!

Oh and yes it is pricey, I paid about $125-50 for my hair to be washed, dried and styled. The rest of the wedding party also were charged 100+.

If you have any other questions about anything, shoot me an email!!

Roxana

Good to know! Hopefully by next April their A/C will be working lol!

Originally Posted by roxy1122 View Post

Hi kris2012,

I got married at the GP in July and got my hair done there along with my mom, mother-in-law and 2 bridesmaids. First tip I can give you is to check and see how many stylists they have now and whether or not the A/C is working. Unfortunately I had the awful luck that the A/C was not working on the morning/early afternoon of my appointment!! AND there is only ONE stylist. yes, just one. I would e-mail Carolina now or closer to your wedding to see what the situation is with stylists because if it wasn't for me getting to the salon at 12 noon for my 5pm wedding ceremony, who know whether I would have had the chance to get my hair done!

I have medium length curly hair that was blown dry and styled and just imagine going through that when it is already 90+ degrees inside! NOT one of the best moments for me at the Palladium, I wish Carolina could have given me a heads up in that regard!

Oh and yes it is pricey, I paid about $125-50 for my hair to be washed, dried and styled. The rest of the wedding party also were charged 100+.

Roxana

Thats good to know. I've been debating using their salon.... but I think I'm just going to have my sister do my hair and makeup. Her friend works for MAC and is going to show her how to do my makeup right... and we'll just experiment with a few different hairstyles till we find something that works for me that she can do... I want a simple hairstyle so it should be doable. I'll give the option to my bridesmaids if they want to use the salon or do their hair on their own/each others... just hope it works! :)

Originally Posted by roxy1122 View Post

Hi kris2012,

Roxana

I would strongly recommend the salon for the hair.  They use hair products specifically designed for the humid climate.  I did my own hair for the trash-the-dress using my the products we brought with us and it lasted about 30 minutes before falling apart.  My sister did my make up.  Alex does seem to be the only stylist at the salon so you have to book appoitments one after another for everyone.  She also did an amazing job styling my mother in law and my mom.  For your wedding day, you get 20% on all their services.  It was $160 for all three of us end of Sept 2011 (my mother was not official, they worked on her while I was blow-drying mine for about 30 minutes).  Carolina can make the appointment once you get there or you can make it yourself 1-2 days before.  This is what i did.  They also do a trial run the day before or whenever you schedule (inlcuded in the wedding price). Also worth mentioning - I had certain ideas on how I wanted to get my hair done and they said they couldn't do it that way because it was too short (the stylist back home thought it would work great).  In any case, the salon offered a different style doing it up during our trial discussion and basically said that either they do it their way and guarantee it or I do on my own.  i was not thrilled with the style they offered but after sleeping on it for a night and with my mom's push decided to go ahead.  I didn't like it at all all the way until they put the veil in, then it suddenly made sense and ultimately it turned out to be great!  Everybody said i looked amazing, I felt great, the pictures look great and the hair stayed in place for 2 days. I liked it so much, didn't want to take it down.  I was very happy overall and would definately recommend the service.  Good luck with your wedding!

I got married in July and wasn't sure about make-up. I decided to go ahead and get both hair and makeup done at their salon. I am SOOOOO glad I did this and wish my wedding party would've also. The favorite thing about my pictures is that I didn't look the same as I look every other day and they made my makeup look so glamerous! I really thought they took my hair and makeup and made me look like a bride. It was a great decision.

• 1 month later...