Congrats on all your upcoming weddings! I am so excited (and a bit jealous!) that your weddings are right around the corner! I am new to this forum, so I am not sure how much action it has seen recently. I have spent the last 3 days catching up with all the posts. I really appreciate all of the reviews! It has really helped me visualize what my wedding day will look like. I am not getting married until Dec. 28th this year, so if to wait another 10 months!!
I have a couple questions that have not been mentioned in some of the posts. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it! Also, are there any brides who got married around Christmas or New Year's this past year? I would love to hear about how that went (weather, how busy the resort is, etc,). I would ask Carolina, but I don't want to stalk her with all of these questions. Plus, as most of you know, her responses are pretty limited .
So here are some of my questions
1. Has anyone had a cocktail hour following the ceremony? Not just the champaign toast at the ceremony site, but the $6 pp cocktail hour? If so,
- Where is it?
- Were there tables for people to sit at?
- What type if liquor is served?
- Is it worth it?
2. What was the order of events for the wedding day? We were hoping to take pictures with the wedding party before the ceremony (ours is at 4:40), then do a cocktail hour, have the semi-private dinner, and then the beach reception. We wanted to avoid having the hour of down time and wanted one event to flow into the next. Does anyone have any input about that?
3. Did anyone do a "first look" with their hubby? We want to get pictures done before the ceremony so we can enjoy the wedding with our guests. Did anyone take wedding party pictures before the ceremony? Can I do this with the hotel photog?
I appreciate any thoughts! Thanks!