Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

we are getting married at the grand palladium palace june 14 2012!!   cant wait!  although now i feel like i should be feverishly planning but i haven't done much yet.....clearly slacking on the planning!!  cant wait to continue reading this thread and getting information!

I just wanted to quickly leave a note. Paul and I just got back 3 days ago from the Grand Palladium Royal Suites Turquesa. This was such a fabulous trip, wedding, honeymoon and everything. The resort is top notch, if you are staying in the Royal, you are treated as so. Hair and makeup for the ceremony was beautiful, however I wouldn't recommend the spa for massages, if so, not the couples massage. The food was for the most part very good as long as you keep in mind that it isn't going to taste like food from home. Many of my guests are still having stomach issues though and that wasn't expected. Carolina did an excellent job, and the ceremony was beautiful. We had Caribbean Emotions as photographer and love their work. I will post some pics also. I haven't written a full review yet, but wanted to just throw some info out there.

Hi ladies,

I was wondering for those of you who had the beach party, did you use the resort DJ or has anyone used DJ Mannia? Two photographers that I have spoken to (Phil Steingard and Jamie Dimity - our photographer) have recommended this company. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to use DJ Mannia but they quoted me $850 if I book by the end of August, a bit pricey but it might be worth it. Any info would be helpful if you've used either one.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kris2012 View Post

Hi ladies,

I was wondering for those of you who had the beach party, did you use the resort DJ or has anyone used DJ Mannia? Two photographers that I have spoken to (Phil Steingard and Jamie Dimity - our photographer) have recommended this company. The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to use DJ Mannia but they quoted me $850 if I book by the end of August, a bit pricey but it might be worth it. Any info would be helpful if you've used either one.

Thanks!

Hello Kris,

what I did was had my husband burn 3 hours of music on a cd for the resort dj to play at the beach party, it ended up raining 3 songs in and the reception got moved so I just had the dj play his own music and told him the song I wanted as the last song. He's really good, he's the same dj in the club and we were at the club prior to the wedding so I felt comfortable with him playing his own stuff. He has a good range of music. If you do use the resort dj I would just make a cd for your first dance, father/daughter etc. Dj mannia is highly recommended and I fell in love once I went on his website but my husband refused to spend that much money. I have no regrets with the  resort dj. At our wedding I had him play alot of dance/techno and spanish music for my crowd but he has everything ranging from rock to oldies

• 1 month later...

Ladies, some of our guests are staying at  Iberostar - Bavaro: http://www.iberostar.com/EN/Punta-Cana-hotels/Iberostar-Bavaro.html.  I can't find any maps of Punta Cana that would show us how far this is from the Palladium.  Do any of you know or have found this on the web?  Also wondering how we can integrate these into our activities which all going to be at Palladium.  Has anyone had to deal with this?  Be grateful for any suggestions.  Thank you in advance!

We are 18 days away and starting to pack!  Do you recommend bringing snorkel gear, fins or swimming shoes.  We have them from prior travels but don't to haul to DR if there is no use for them there. How is the beach outside of Palladium for swimming and snorkeling?

Originally Posted by LP123 View Post

Ladies, some of our guests are staying at  Iberostar - Bavaro: http://www.iberostar.com/EN/Punta-Cana-hotels/Iberostar-Bavaro.html.  I can't find any maps of Punta Cana that would show us how far this is from the Palladium.  Do any of you know or have found this on the web?  Also wondering how we can integrate these into our activities which all going to be at Palladium.  Has anyone had to deal with this?  Be grateful for any suggestions.  Thank you in advance!

hi LP,

Before my wedding I visited the Iberostar in Punta Cana while staying at the Grand Palladium. The taxi ride was about 15-20 long, I feel that most of the resorts are all about 10-20 min from each other in Punta Cana. I can e-mail you this google map I created while planning my wedding that pinpointed ALOT of resorts in Punta Cana, PM me and I can send it!

Originally Posted by LP123 View Post

Hi Roxy, thank you for the information.  Our guests were able to move to our hotel for part of their stay right before and after the wedding so they are not cutoff from the rest of the group.  LP.

Did that cost extra $ for them to move to your hotel?