Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Hey brides! Did any of you plan to take a table runner for the reception dinner or for those brides that have gotten married, did you use a table runner? what are the table sizes that the resort uses? long tables or round?

I'm glad to see so many previous brides at the Grand Palladium have such positive reviews!! :)

Does anyone know/remember how many people were seated at each table? I'm looking into diy centre pieces, table runners etc and I just want an idea of how many I'll need.

Thanks!

Hi All-I just got back from my Wedding @ the Palladium on May 23, 2011.  First let me begin by saying I picked Punta Cana as my wedding destination after our first visit last year, we stayed at the Melia Caribe and it was nicer. 

Our checkin wasn't that great, the guy at the front desk was quite rude and just condesending.  I couldn't believe how our expereince was, after traveling a long time, I expect to be greated professionaly and properly helped by the first person that give me the impression of the resort.

We stayed at the Romanace Suites, and they were OK, but a little dated.  But we don't spend too much time in our room, so I'm not going to rate this as a deal breaker, we walked right out our room and we were on the beach.  The beach, the reson we go to Punta Cana, this is why we go.  Lovely, beautiful and wonderful. 

The resort wasn't full capacity since we go into the rainy season, we did this last year and didn't have any problems, it rained all day the day we arrived, but afterwards it would rain at night or during the day, but not enough to make us run from the beach.

Kenia was our wedding coordinator, what a lovely, wonderful girl.  I had communicated with Caroleine a few times leading up to the trip but I was overall pleased with Kenia.  This was my 2nd marriage, so I didn't worry about the stuff like colors, didn't take any wedding stuff with us, there was only 6 of us all together.  But Kenia had a lot of colors to choose from and I seen her actually taking a couple around in a cart to show them around the resort.  We had a 1:30pm wedding, so we couldn't have our reception until 6:00pm and by that time, I was in the water with my wedding dress that I wore a different dress to the reception to where our cake was. Didn't matter to me, there was only 6 of us, we didn't have a large group of people.  Wedding day was amazing, I got my hair and makeup done at the Spa, It was $184.00, which I expected it to be that expensive reading the forum.  My mom had her's done and it was $100.00.  The makeup was beautiful and not too much, it looks perfect in my pictures and It was well worth the money... now on to my photographer.

I used HDC-I would recommend A++++ perfect vendor.  Miljan arrived on time to take our pictures and he was lovely, a perfect gentleman and you can tell he loves what he does.  We enjoyed our time with him and he is a memorable person.  Arnuad came to our hotel a few days later to show us the shots Miljan took and we picked our pictures and he had them dropped off a few hours later, we got a disc with all the pictures and we will be getting a bound book in a few weeks.  I would recommend HDC to anybody.

A few items of mention.... I did tip Kenia, $120.00 and Miljan $75.00.  I know I've seen talk on her about tipping and is it necessary and I was on the fence with this one, but the service we received was well deserved of the tip and I was happy to do it.

We did the manarium excursion booked through apple and LOVED IT. The staff made the trip wonderufl and fun on the Catamaran. 

when i met with carolina...she asked me how many ppl I wanted at each table...the tables they used with square and could sit 4 but she just pushed them together to make the number I wanted per table. I used a head table of 10 then four other tables of 8.

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 View Post

I'm glad to see so many previous brides at the Grand Palladium have such positive reviews!! :)

Does anyone know/remember how many people were seated at each table? I'm looking into diy centre pieces, table runners etc and I just want an idea of how many I'll need.

Thanks!

Great thanks Natalie!! I was hoping for 6 or 8 :)

I'm a little afraid that Carolina isn't the Wedding Coordinator anymore. I emailed her about 3 weeks ago and received a response from Kenia 2 weeks later, emailed Kenia again right after as she hadn't answered half my questions and I haven't heard back yet and it's been over a week! Carolina was so fast to get back to me, I hope she's still there!!!

Originally Posted by natalie1987 View Post

when i met with carolina...she asked me how many ppl I wanted at each table...the tables they used with square and could sit 4 but she just pushed them together to make the number I wanted per table. I used a head table of 10 then four other tables of 8.

Just wondering if there are any girls from Toronto having a wedding @ GPB & wouldn't mind telling me the average cost to their guests?

I'm looking @ GPB (not until 2013 so I know the pirce will be different). I have some very price concious guests and my Fiancee and I are paying for our parents as well as ourselves so we have a tight budget for cost to guests as well as ourselves.

I asked a TA for 2012 prices and specifically told her our maximum budget is $1500 pp (after taxes and surcharges) and she quoted be $1786 pp.

I'm open to other resorts but the cost needs to be $1300 -$1500 MAX pp and TA's don't seem to listen to this requirment!!

I need to find a TA who will listen to my specific cost request so any recommendations for TA's I'd appreciate as well.

Thanks in advance

MrsN2be

I know it is not Toronto but from Halifax we paid $1299 for palace and was quoted $1149 for Bavaro! We booked in June 2010 for April 27 2011!  There was a huge price increase from the beginning of April to the end as well as other months when we were booking. We booked end of April because it was the cheapest!

Originally Posted by MrsN2be View Post

Just wondering if there are any girls from Toronto having a wedding @ GPB & wouldn't mind telling me the average cost to their guests?

I'm looking @ GPB (not until 2013 so I know the pirce will be different). I have some very price concious guests and my Fiancee and I are paying for our parents as well as ourselves so we have a tight budget for cost to guests as well as ourselves.

I asked a TA for 2012 prices and specifically told her our maximum budget is $1500 pp (after taxes and surcharges) and she quoted be $1786 pp.

I'm open to other resorts but the cost needs to be $1300 -$1500 MAX pp and TA's don't seem to listen to this requirment!!

I need to find a TA who will listen to my specific cost request so any recommendations for TA's I'd appreciate as well.

Thanks in advance

MrsN2be

Wow Natalie those are great rates! I'm assuming they were plus taxes? I just checked the rates for end of April 2012 and you're right it is alot cheaper.. we may need to reconsider our end of March date....

Originally Posted by natalie1987 View Post

I know it is not Toronto but from Halifax we paid $1299 for palace and was quoted $1149 for Bavaro! We booked in June 2010 for April 27 2011!  There was a huge price increase from the beginning of April to the end as well as other months when we were booking. We booked end of April because it was the cheapest!

Hi Brides to be!  When I was married at the Palladium last year, I was considering bringing table runners but had enough stuff to bring with me. It turned out perfect anyhow because Carolina had done all the tables with white tablecloths. My colours were turquoise and white so there was a lovely table centerpiece on the head table (which sat 10 of us). The centerpiece had turquoise ribbons rnning throughout so it was very lovely. I brought the ribbons but I think Carolina would have used her own on it had I not. We were 40 people in all. They set up our main head table across one section of the restaurant and in front of us in rows were 5 tables of 6 guests. I had bought clear plastic square "plates" which looked glass. I had Caroline put sand in the bottom of each and I brought ivory candles with me wth dried turqouise and ivory iris heads. They looked beautiful. Each table had two of those and I had also brought favours which were packaged in ivory boxes with the tuquoise ribbons attached. Unfortunately I cannot upload photos on this site for some reason so if anyone wants photos or advice or help with anything, please add me as a friend on Facebook (Dawn Buckley from Ottawa Canada). Glad to help out. Very exciting time for your girls... enjoy it!

Hi Dawn,

We have the same wedding travel agent, Julie. Small world:)

I'm currently planning my wedding for next April. I just got an email from her saying the judges aren't working the week after Easter weekend (we were planning on leaving Good Friday, coming back on the 13th) Just frustrating because now I have to look at other possibilities like changing the dates of our trip or doing the symbolic wedding which I don't want to do...just my luck!

Originally Posted by DawnBuckley View Post

Hi Brides to be!  When I was married at the Palladium last year, I was considering bringing table runners but had enough stuff to bring with me. It turned out perfect anyhow because Carolina had done all the tables with white tablecloths. My colours were turquoise and white so there was a lovely table centerpiece on the head table (which sat 10 of us). The centerpiece had turquoise ribbons rnning throughout so it was very lovely. I brought the ribbons but I think Carolina would have used her own on it had I not. We were 40 people in all. They set up our main head table across one section of the restaurant and in front of us in rows were 5 tables of 6 guests. I had bought clear plastic square "plates" which looked glass. I had Caroline put sand in the bottom of each and I brought ivory candles with me wth dried turqouise and ivory iris heads. They looked beautiful. Each table had two of those and I had also brought favours which were packaged in ivory boxes with the tuquoise ribbons attached. Unfortunately I cannot upload photos on this site for some reason so if anyone wants photos or advice or help with anything, please add me as a friend on Facebook (Dawn Buckley from Ottawa Canada). Glad to help out. Very exciting time for your girls... enjoy it!