Jump to content

Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?


  • Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2371 Chule0307

Chule0307
  • Newbie
  • 34 posts

    Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

    Hey Kitty,

     

    Please don't stress out! I have been to the RST and actually stayed there last July for 7 days. We stayed in the "NEW SECTION" and it was BEAUTIFUL! We stayed in a Junior suite and it literally was one of the best rooms we have stayed at in the D.R. We are also booked for a Romance Suite and cannot imagine how gorgeous it will be. I attached a link that has the romance suite picture ;)  You have to remember that when traveling with many people, you can't make everyone happy. SOmetimes things just go wrong...it's bound to happen. It's normal to feel stressed out but believe me when I say...EVERYONE WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME

    I'm REALLY confused about the rooms now :(  Should I have not had guest book in the RST?  We have a Romance Suite booked.  I wish I could do a site visit, but I just don't think it's going to be possible.  I'm extremely stressed about this now.  We have 40 guests coming so I know that we probably end up with some in 'older" rooms, but I just wish I could do the room assignments based on the people I know are easy going and the ones who are picky!  Ugh!   Type A coming out...

     

    @Chicago ...were those real touch flowers?  You looked beautiful!





    #2372 kitty25967

    kitty25967
    • Jr. Member
    • 320 posts

      Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

      @chule0307 - The pictures on the link you sent were definitely the ones I went by and sent out to guests, however, according to Chicago's review, these are only true of a few rooms and non representative of rooms in the Royal Suites.  I encouraged all my guests to booked in RST b/c of these photos & tripadvisor reviews/photos from past guests, but Chicago stated that they are not like the TripAdvisor photos????  I just wish I had the block of room numbers that looked like the link you sent.



      #2373 Chule0307

      Chule0307
      • Newbie
      • 34 posts

        Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:50 PM


        @ Kitty25967,

         

        Are you working with a Travel Agent?? I have one and she is making sure that my guests that stay at the RTS are booked within a BLOCK of rooms.
         

        Originally Posted by kitty25967 

        @chule0307 - The pictures on the link you sent were definitely the ones I went by and sent out to guests, however, according to Chicago's review, these are only true of a few rooms and non representative of rooms in the Royal Suites.  I encouraged all my guests to booked in RST b/c of these photos & tripadvisor reviews/photos from past guests, but Chicago stated that they are not like the TripAdvisor photos????  I just wish I had the block of room numbers that looked like the link you sent.





        #2374 kitty25967

        kitty25967
        • Jr. Member
        • 320 posts

          Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

          Yes.  I have sent an email to her about that before, I just hope it works out.  I'm just trying to figure out which building a should request to be booked in which are the "real" new rooms.
           

          Originally Posted by Chule0307 


          @ Kitty25967,

           

          Are you working with a Travel Agent?? I have one and she is making sure that my guests that stay at the RTS are booked within a BLOCK of rooms.
           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by kitty25967 

          @chule0307 - The pictures on the link you sent were definitely the ones I went by and sent out to guests, however, according to Chicago's review, these are only true of a few rooms and non representative of rooms in the Royal Suites.  I encouraged all my guests to booked in RST b/c of these photos & tripadvisor reviews/photos from past guests, but Chicago stated that they are not like the TripAdvisor photos????  I just wish I had the block of room numbers that looked like the link you sent.


           




          #2375 kitty25967

          kitty25967
          • Jr. Member
          • 320 posts

            Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

            Just curious if anyone has any "up to date" pics from Carolina?  I've noticed that a lot of pics from the dinners have the tables covered with a dark mustard yellow color as the base and a white cloth as the overlay.  Do you know if they can do different colors or at least all white?  That color doesn't fit with my color scheme at all.  She had also sent me via email (as I sure you guys got) a pdf of pictures and one had a picture of the tables set up with beautiful floral arrangements.  It didn't event look like the same space.  I wonder if this is a true pic and what the cost is to do that?  There are really any costs listed for this type of upgrade.

            If any past brides have additional dinner and beach party pictures to share, that would be great.



            #2376 richarsd

            richarsd
            • Jr. Member
            • 331 posts

              Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

              I don't recall seeing anyone's wedding dinner pictures with anything other than white linens. Are you sure what you've looked at simply aren't pictures of the buffet?? The buffet does indeed have a cold coloured bases with a white overlay but the receptions are not held in the buffet (well, unless that's your choice). The only pics I've seen of the dinners/receptions use white or for an upgraded charge I think there are some other colours available too...or maybe brides bring those themselves, dunno.

               

              Originally Posted by kitty25967 

              Just curious if anyone has any "up to date" pics from Carolina?  I've noticed that a lot of pics from the dinners have the tables covered with a dark mustard yellow color as the base and a white cloth as the overlay.  Do you know if they can do different colors or at least all white?  That color doesn't fit with my color scheme at all.  She had also sent me via email (as I sure you guys got) a pdf of pictures and one had a picture of the tables set up with beautiful floral arrangements.  It didn't event look like the same space.  I wonder if this is a true pic and what the cost is to do that?  There are really any costs listed for this type of upgrade.

              If any past brides have additional dinner and beach party pictures to share, that would be great.





              #2377 richarsd

              richarsd
              • Jr. Member
              • 331 posts

                Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

                Sorry meant "gold coloured", not "cold", lol.



                #2378 caribbeanLover

                caribbeanLover
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,619 posts

                  Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:23 AM



                  Originally Posted by richarsd 

                  Tracy - I know I already told you that you are of course welcome to come see mine. And we really should try and get together for a drink and meet in person while there...I know for sure that the Sunday night (April 10) my entire group basically plans to take over Hemmingways (it`ll be our first night there as a whole group AND our MOH/BMs/GMs plan to do a little bachelor/bachelorette thing for us so sure to be rowdy one!) so if you're looking for something to do that night, there's where you'll likely find me :)
                   


                   


                  Yes we should try but I know it can get very busy trying to meet with most of your guest and try to spend time with each. Are you sure it'd be ok to come hang out on Sunday with you guys?!?! I do not want to intrude!! But that'd be so amazing and fun!!!


                   

                  Originally Posted by mellibelli 

                  ACarribeanlover: our reception is suppose to be at 4pm and we are thinking the ceremony will be at the gazebo by the beach. Is that where you had you ceremony? I'm getting so excited but still so much to do!



                  Yes we had our ceremony at the gazebo over looking the ocean. It was perfect with lots of privacy vs the beach ceremony. IMOP it's prettier too.

                  Sorry when is your big day again!?!?!? What is left to do?!?! you may not need to do it, I realized a lot of the things I did was for nothing cause Carolina already does it!!!

                   

                  Originally Posted by kitty25967 

                  I'm REALLY confused about the rooms now :(  Should I have not had guest book in the RST?  We have a Romance Suite booked.  I wish I could do a site visit, but I just don't think it's going to be possible.  I'm extremely stressed about this now.  We have 40 guests coming so I know that we probably end up with some in 'older" rooms, but I just wish I could do the room assignments based on the people I know are easy going and the ones who are picky!  Ugh!   Type A coming out...

                   

                  @Chicago ...were those real touch flowers?  You looked beautiful!



                  What room catagory did you guest book I can tell you if it's the new section or old 1. I think it's amazing all your guest booked the RST because mine did, so the whole first week we never used the RST which sucked... the royal gourtmet is so good I was sad we missed it the whole first week (our guest booked on the Punta Cana so that is where we would meet at the lobby bar, spend time on the beach, pool, ect..)


                  http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                  Tracy and Mike

                  Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                  Happily ever after...

                  #2379 kitty25967

                  kitty25967
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 320 posts

                    Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:54 AM

                    Can you ladies help me out?  As you know, Carolina sends pics in a PDF packet showing the "upgrades" without ANY additional information.  I am trying to figure out which restaurants these pictures were taken in.  They seem to be in two different locations.  I would like to have the decor from the pink with the nice floral arrangements, but i think I like the set up for the "blue" picture where you have a head table. 

                     

                    reception set up 1.JPGreception set up 2.JPG



                    #2380 kitty25967

                    kitty25967
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 320 posts

                      Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

                      Also, I can't find the page(s) on this thread where the suggested menu options were discussed.  I remember seeing it, but the thread is so long now, I can't find it.  ....I think someone mentioned beef medallions as being a favorite???  I would like to go ahead and plan this with Carolina so I can get my menu cards printed & get those out of the way.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users