Jump to content

Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?


  • Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2321 richarsd

richarsd
  • Jr. Member
  • 331 posts

    Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

    Manda, Majestic Colonial was originally our first choice  when we began looking into resorts...it looks beautiful and they also are quite experienced with weddings. It was the price that turned us off of it most ($500 more per person than the GP and we just couldn't ask people to pay that). However, now that I have my guest list and everything's arranged, I am quite happy we chose to go with the GP instead...the Majestic, while probably a good place is you're looking for a romantic wedding and vacation, does have a bit of "boring" or maybe I should "low-key" reputation...although that would totally translate to boring for my fiance's family and some of my friends. GP is livelier so I'm happy we went with it. That aspect is important to us. I definitely plan to have FUN on and after my wedding!!!

    Thanks for the reply richarsd. For us it is going to come down to the price as well. We think will be having 30+ people as well, mostly in the 25-35 age range. A lively group for sure. The other resorts we were looking at in PC were Majestic Colonial and Gran Bahia. We are only looking at the bigger resorts that have different rooms at different price points. This site has been amazing for information! It is definitely helping me narrow it down.

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richarsd 

    For me the number one thing was price...I wanted a 4.5-5 star resort that was under $1500. And for all of my guests departure cities, that was really the only resort in Punta Cana in April that met that criteria. Also, they have a good reputation for beautiful weddings and they also are known as kind of a "fun" resort...I have a lively bunch of 40 people coming and they are NOT the sit around and be relaxed/quiet for 7 straight days type of people.

     

    What other resorts are you considering?
     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manda123 

    Hi Ladies,

    We are looking to get married next December in Punta Cana and we are trying to pick a resort. What made you choose the GP? Any advice here would help :)


     

     




    #2322 richarsd

    richarsd
    • Jr. Member
    • 331 posts

      Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

      Manda, Majestic Colonial was originally our first choice  when we began looking into resorts...it looks beautiful and they also are quite experienced with weddings. It was the price that turned us off of it most ($500 more per person than the GP and we just couldn't ask people to pay that). However, now that I have my guest list and everything's arranged, I am quite happy we chose to go with the GP instead...the Majestic, while probably a good place is you're looking for a romantic wedding and vacation, does have a bit of "boring" or maybe I should "low-key" reputation...although that would totally translate to boring for my fiance's family and some of my friends. GP is livelier so I'm happy we went with it. That aspect is important to us. I definitely plan to have FUN on and after my wedding!!!

      Thanks for the reply richarsd. For us it is going to come down to the price as well. We think will be having 30+ people as well, mostly in the 25-35 age range. A lively group for sure. The other resorts we were looking at in PC were Majestic Colonial and Gran Bahia. We are only looking at the bigger resorts that have different rooms at different price points. This site has been amazing for information! It is definitely helping me narrow it down.

       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by richarsd 

      For me the number one thing was price...I wanted a 4.5-5 star resort that was under $1500. And for all of my guests departure cities, that was really the only resort in Punta Cana in April that met that criteria. Also, they have a good reputation for beautiful weddings and they also are known as kind of a "fun" resort...I have a lively bunch of 40 people coming and they are NOT the sit around and be relaxed/quiet for 7 straight days type of people.

       

      What other resorts are you considering?
       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Manda123 

      Hi Ladies,

      We are looking to get married next December in Punta Cana and we are trying to pick a resort. What made you choose the GP? Any advice here would help :)


       

       




      #2323 richarsd

      richarsd
      • Jr. Member
      • 331 posts

        Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

        Sheila2011 - I hope you have an amazing time (and I'm sure you will)!!! Take lots of pics and can't wait to read a review after you come back!

         

        Jerzshortstuff - you've probably said, but when is your wedding date again?? I'm an April bride too (April 12)!



        #2324 jerzshortstuff

        jerzshortstuff
        • Jr. Member
        • 303 posts

          Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:58 PM


          I am getting married April 28, 2011... which means I will get to see your pics and review hopefully before I leave as well

          Sheila2011 - I hope you have an amazing time (and I'm sure you will)!!! Take lots of pics and can't wait to read a review after you come back!

           

          Jerzshortstuff - you've probably said, but when is your wedding date again?? I'm an April bride too (April 12)!





          #2325 DawnBuckley

          DawnBuckley
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

            We got married last April 2010 at Grand Palladium. We had actually worked with a great wedding coordinator/travel agent where we live who had worked at various hotels in Punta Cana. She suggested the Grand Palladium due to the great food. She had shown us other 5 stars but it was her recommendation because they were so well known for having the best options and delicious meals. We were 40 people and had a blast. Everything about the resort including the on site wedding Coordinator Carolina were absolutely fantastic. It's an exciting time ladies... enjoy it!



            #2326 jerzshortstuff

            jerzshortstuff
            • Jr. Member
            • 303 posts

              Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:36 PM



              Originally Posted by DawnBuckley 

              We got married last April 2010 at Grand Palladium. We had actually worked with a great wedding coordinator/travel agent where we live who had worked at various hotels in Punta Cana. She suggested the Grand Palladium due to the great food. She had shown us other 5 stars but it was her recommendation because they were so well known for having the best options and delicious meals. We were 40 people and had a blast. Everything about the resort including the on site wedding Coordinator Carolina were absolutely fantastic. It's an exciting time ladies... enjoy it!


              So great to hear! Congrats on your marriage! Do you by any chance have pics or a review of your experience? Was the weather decent in April?



              #2327 richarsd

              richarsd
              • Jr. Member
              • 331 posts

                Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

                Dawn, I'd also love to some pictures or a review if you have one to give :)

                 

                Jerzshortstuff, I've been to Punta Cana twice before in April (one the end of the month and once the beginning of the month) and it was dream weather...sunny and hot basically all the time. I think it rained hard for like 15 minutes one afternoon but within a minute of the rain stopping it was sunny again...actually was kinda nice! One reason we chose April is because it's typically one of the most consistent months weatherwise *knock on wood*!

                 



                #2328 sheila2011

                sheila2011
                • Newbie
                • 105 posts

                  Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

                  Thanks Dawn, that's great to hear!!

                   

                  We leave tomorrow, and I will come back and post a review for you guys when we get back! I am so excited, I haven't been able to sleep!!!!!!  

                  We got married last April 2010 at Grand Palladium. We had actually worked with a great wedding coordinator/travel agent where we live who had worked at various hotels in Punta Cana. She suggested the Grand Palladium due to the great food. She had shown us other 5 stars but it was her recommendation because they were so well known for having the best options and delicious meals. We were 40 people and had a blast. Everything about the resort including the on site wedding Coordinator Carolina were absolutely fantastic. It's an exciting time ladies... enjoy it!




                  Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

                  #2329 jerzshortstuff

                  jerzshortstuff
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 303 posts

                    Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:44 PM


                     

                    Originally Posted by sheila2011 

                    Thanks Dawn, that's great to hear!!

                     

                    We leave tomorrow, and I will come back and post a review for you guys when we get back! I am so excited, I haven't been able to sleep!!!!!!  

                    We got married last April 2010 at Grand Palladium. We had actually worked with a great wedding coordinator/travel agent where we live who had worked at various hotels in Punta Cana. She suggested the Grand Palladium due to the great food. She had shown us other 5 stars but it was her recommendation because they were so well known for having the best options and delicious meals. We were 40 people and had a blast. Everything about the resort including the on site wedding Coordinator Carolina were absolutely fantastic. It's an exciting time ladies... enjoy it!


                     


                    YAY!!! Relax, breathe, and enjoy every minute of it! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all the details when you return! Congrats!



                    #2330 tomato01

                    tomato01
                    • Newbie
                    • 15 posts

                      Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

                      Sheila2011 - have a great time!!  Can't wait to hear your review and see your pics :) Congrats!!!
                       

                      Originally Posted by sheila2011 

                      Thanks Dawn, that's great to hear!!

                       

                      We leave tomorrow, and I will come back and post a review for you guys when we get back! I am so excited, I haven't been able to sleep!!!!!!  


                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users