You ask some good questions.
1) Not sure about this one. The "rule" is 20 people miniumum for the reception-dinner on the beach...but since most people who seem to have picked this option use it as the reception venue, not just dinner, I'm not sure if it makes a difference. Just so you know, the two restaurants used for the receptions, La Uva and Arrecife is the other name I think, are located at the beach and are open are concept. Something to consider maybe if you can't have it directly on the beach.
2) When you say last minute, how last minute do you mean? Day of - probably not. Keep in mind there may be other weddings going on that day too and if they have chosen the restaurants, then you would need to stick to the beach plan. Also, since these restaurants are used by guests as well as a la carte restaurnts, I would presume that the resort needs a days notice.
3) Most brides go with La Uva but I've heard the other one they use for reception (Like I said, think it's Arrecife) is nice too. You need minimum 20 people to privatize a restaurant, however. Otherwise, they give you a small section for you and your guests. Keep in mind, it might not necessarily be "quiet" that way.
4) You'd definitely hear it, might not be loud though but you can definitely hear it as well as any noise from people on the beach, lol. You could always bring some music just as a back-up (ipod or CDs) and decide when you get there (most planning for things like that can be done a couple days before the wedding when you meet with the wedding coordinator).
Have fun with the planning and welcome again to the forum!
Originally Posted by jacobderosenoir
Hello Everyone - Thanks for all the info here. Very helpfull. My Fianc© and I are getting married at the GP first week of April 2011. We're staying at the Royal Turquesa. There are some questions I haven't found answer for. Please help. I have been 3 nights at it now.
1) Do you really need 20 guests (we only have 10) to get the reception-diner directly on the beach (no party)?
2) Is the reception diner on the beach worth it or more often than not it's too windy, cold, hot, bugs, etc.? Can you decide to go to the restaurant at the last minute?
3) For a small diner with 10 guests, with no party/dance, just a fun quite diner with our families, which restaurant would you suggest?
4) I see people having music during their ceremony. We wanted the sound of the wave breaking on the beach to be our music. If we're at the Palace Gazebo, are we going to ear them. Is that enough or are we loosing something without music?
Thanks for everything