Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2151 chell44

chell44
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone know what the judge says during the legal ceremony? I didn't think I cared so much, but I recently went to a wedding and hated what the judge said

#2152 sheila2011

sheila2011
    • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

well....I tried to order the OOT bags. I had found a nice website BUT they haven't responded to my email and the phone number on their website is wrong so now I need a new plan!! Did any Canadian brides order bags with a logo on them and if so where??

I never thought about what is said during the ceremony! I am doing the symbolic ceremony though, so now I am curious as to how that will go and if it will look just like the legal ceremony!

CarribeanLover....expect more questions!! My FI is glad I found this forum cause it stops me from babbling at him all the time!!

Originally Posted by richarsd 

Msredbird - goodluck and have a blast!!! Looking forward to hearing the details when you get back. And no need for you to worry...part of doing this type of wedding is so you don't have to worry :)

Sheila2011 - where are you ordering your OOT bags from? I found a website a while back with really nice canvas bags but can't find it again so I'm looking for some place to get them from.

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2153 chell44

chell44
      • 202 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by sheila2011 

well....I tried to order the OOT bags. I had found a nice website BUT they haven't responded to my email and the phone number on their website is wrong so now I need a new plan!! Did any Canadian brides order bags with a logo on them and if so where??

I never thought about what is said during the ceremony! I am doing the symbolic ceremony though, so now I am curious as to how that will go and if it will look just like the legal ceremony!

CarribeanLover....expect more questions!! My FI is glad I found this forum cause it stops me from babbling at him all the time!!

I'm pretty sure for the symbolic ceremony, you can write your own ceremony, since it is not done by a judge. I'm having a lady who owns a shop and teaches sewing lessons make my bags out of a fabric I chose , she's only charging me a $1 a bag.

Attached Files

#2154 msredbird51

msredbird51
        • 65 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

We leave in the morning. Yippee! Thanks so much for all the help along the way ladies. I'll be sure to post a full review when we return. .... It will be after Thanksgiving when we get back from our honeymoon, so it will be a few weeks though. We get back on the 28th, so expect a review then. :) 

#2155 sheila2011

sheila2011
          • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

YAYYYY!!!! Have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

We leave in the morning. Yippee! Thanks so much for all the help along the way ladies. I'll be sure to post a full review when we return. .... It will be after Thanksgiving when we get back from our honeymoon, so it will be a few weeks though. We get back on the 28th, so expect a review then. :) 

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2156 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
            • 303 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by msredbird51 

YAY!!!! Have fun and enjoy every moment!

#2157 kitty25967

kitty25967
              • 320 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Chicago -

You may have answered this question already, so sorry, but when Carolina sent you the information for the sashes, did she send pictures or just colors?  Our colors are fuscia and black.  I need to know if she has a dark pink color and how many she has since I would like them used for both the ceremony and the reception.  Does anyone know if they decorate this extensively for the reception?  I think we have close to 20 rooms booked so far so I want to see if I am going to need to purchase chair sashes myself....

Thanks girls! 

Originally Posted by Chicago 

@Sheila2011

Thanks for all those questions. Even though they might seem like minor details I am also wondering the same.

I have received some info from Carolina such as menu, sash colors, flowers. If any of you need such info I could post it here, or try to. :)

@CaribbeanLover

Did you see any beach receptions (not beach party) while you were there? That is what I am doing for additional charge but I havent seen anyone else here do it. Let me know please if you have and how it looked.

#2158 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                • 1,619 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

OOT bags I ordered from VistaPrint.ca...a lot of times they have specials, so wait for them. I got it with a longo (palm tree, with Punta Cana '2010') everyone loved them and all used them..def worth the $$

msredbird51  Congrats in advance, I know it'll go wonderful and you'll have an amazing time!!! :) :) FINALLY A MRS!!!

http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                  Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                  Happily ever after...

#2159 chell44

chell44
                  • 202 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

How have people gone about getting their OOT bags to their guests? will the hotel take the responsibility and put them in the rooms for you? or have people just handed them out themselves?

#2160 kitty25967

kitty25967
                    • 320 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by chell44 

How have people gone about getting their OOT bags to their guests? will the hotel take the responsibility and put them in the rooms for you? or have people just handed them out themselves?

I am doing OOT bags (I'm expecting at least doing a minimal of 20 =( )  I emailed Carolina about them.  She responded that you are able to ship to the resort ahead of time, and that they will put them in the rooms for you.  Yay!  I plan on only shipping my actual "bag" and maybe towels if I decide to put a towel in each bag. Any toletries or medicines, etc. I will have in my suitcase.  I am planning on my fiance and I bringing all the OOT bag goodies down with us and giving all the other "stuff" like cake topper, decor, etc. to family and friends to bring with them.  We arrive a day before guests, so after we stroll around the resort and get a cocktail, we will have a "fun" tasks ahead of us for assembling the bags! ....My FI just doesn't know what he's in for LOL!  I plan on hopefully giving them to Carolina the next morning to disperse amoungst the guests rooms as most guests will not start arriving until the afternoon.  Hope this is helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users