Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2111 Chooker13

Chooker13
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

Great info, I didn't even know they had centerpieces and decorations available. I guess I need to speak with Caroline. We booked our trip through apple and are still in the process of figuring out who all will be joining us down there. What sort of group rate were you guys able to secure and who did you book through?

Thanks for the info!
    Christine

#2112 natalie1987

natalie1987
    • 201 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

We got it for 1299 tax included for 7 nights ..we booked through sell off vacations! what is your date in May? i am getting married April 30 2011!!

#2113 natalie1987

natalie1987
      • 201 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

also for every 21 people that booked...someone can go for free !

#2114 richarsd

richarsd
        • 331 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

Our TA was/is phenomenal and worked out 3 different group rates for us as we have guests leaving from 3 different departure cities. The main departure is out of Ottawa, ON and we got that $1440 (CAD) tax in, which was the cheapest we had seen for our date in April (believe me, we compared!! Even better than itravel and Sell Off Vacations, which are usually cheapest). The carrier is Air Transat. Chooker, since your wedding is May (correct?) you should be able to get a pretty good deal since that's getting closer to off-season. Early April when we're going is still considered peak season so we had that working against us.

#2115 Chooker13

Chooker13
          • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

We actually started with an April date and decided to move it back to May since it was about $500/couple cheaper for a weeks trip. I have heard from couples getting married and their resort ran specials and ended up getting a few thousand back because of the size of group they had and the number of nights they stayed. I was curious if anyone had heard about this at the Palladium. The resort my friend is getting married at is the Iberostar in Punta Cana.

Thanks

#2116 richarsd

richarsd
            • 331 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Chhoker13 - you're right. Some resorts do that but the Palladium, unfortunately, does not. Actually, the Palladium was not our first resort choice (that being one of the reasons). I know that in addition to the Iberostar offering that deal, the Majestic does, as well...these resorts normally waive the wedding fee ($1500 or so) on top of any eals offered by the carrier. However, most of the resorts that do that are normally more expensive. We didn't feel comfortable asking people to pay $1800+ compared to $1400 just so we could get a free wedding.

#2117 sheila2011

sheila2011
              • 105 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

We also chose the GP due to the fact that it was a few hundred dollars cheaper than some of the other resorts. Since we're in peak season, we were looking for a way to save some money. After seeing all the reviews, I am really happy with our decision! Our TA offered us a free 3 piece luggage set if we booked 16 rooms and we have that, so I am happy I don't have to buy new luggage!

Now if only I didn't have to deal with some people upset about us going away things would be better, however, that is a vent that is for a different day!

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2118 msredbird51

msredbird51
                • 65 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

I can't believe it's finally November! Only 9 more days until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2119 sheila2011

sheila2011
                  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Wow, only 9 days!!! So excited for you and I cannot wait to hear all about the trip!!!!!

I can't believe it's finally November! Only 9 more days until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2120 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                    • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on for such a long time, and then BDW changed it was so hard to adjust lol. But I am back I come on every once and awhile see where all the ladies are at in their planning. Well I was married there in April so if any of you have questions I am around to answer them (i know it would have been so much easier if other brides had stayed on to answer our questions)

I wish you guys happy planning (it's so much fun, yes stressful but fun!! so enjoy it while it last, because I miss it ohhh so much lol)

http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                      Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                      Happily ever after...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users