Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#2061 msredbird51

msredbird51
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by sheila2011 

This thread hasn't been too active lately so I am bumping it up! I am very excited, 4 of my family members have booked so now I am at 17 booked!! I just wanted to share the joy with other brides who understand! :)

I've had the same excitement over the last few days. We're up to 16 booked, and still waiting on a few to book who said they're coming. If all of those book we'll be at 24 guests. They better get cracking though. November 16th will be here in only two and a half months. Wow, do I love being able to say that! :)

#2062 Chicago

Chicago
    • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

Once again I am completely off the topic. This question is more for the past brides at GP.

I settled on GP mainly because of the beach reception and the beautiful wedding gazebo. The beach dinner reception requires that you have at least 20 people, which I had at the time. Now we are down to 16 and Carolina wont tell me for sure if it is booked or not till I arrive.

Has anyone been in this particular situation before?  I would only settle for a restaurant in case of bad weather. Also I did mention to her that we would pay for 20 people to meet that requirement but still. I am not worried about anything else as I know you decide on many things upon arrival but that is really major for us.

Anyone who has had a similar situation please let me know how it went.

#2063 richarsd

richarsd
      • 331 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

This is a good question. I would agree that normally they would have to wear pants for the wedding dinner because that's the general rule. However....if someone is having a private dinner (ie: paying $1000 to have the place to themselves!!) I wonder if this rule still applies. I'm going with the private reception and I'm pretty sure some of my male guests will be wearing nice khaki shorts or similar. Frankly, I'd be pretty inclined to argue with staff if they told me, after I paid a good chunk of my money to have the restaurant private, that my guests would need to change. They should be prepared to make an exception because I just don't think that rule is acceptable when you've paid a lot of money to have it to yourselves.

Originally Posted by chell44 

They have to wear pants, but sandals are ok

#2064 richarsd

richarsd
        • 331 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by msredbird51 

I've had the same excitement over the last few days. We're up to 16 booked, and still waiting on a few to book who said they're coming. If all of those book we'll be at 24 guests. They better get cracking though. November 16th will be here in only two and a half months. Wow, do I love being able to say that! :)

Yay! It's so exciting each time you hear someone else has booked, isn't it? WE HAVE 35 PEOPLE BOOKED AND COUNTING!!!!  

#2065 sheila2011

sheila2011
          • 105 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

I also emailed Carolina that I would pay for 20 people for a beach party and I never heard back from her. (Not that I am that surprised!) However, I am now at 19 people and I think I will get another 5 at least! I am so excited!!! I guess I should email her to book the beach party. I just hope the weather is good in January! 

Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#2066 chell44

chell44
            • 202 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

Past Brides, can you tell me how the lighting is for the beach party.. I'm afraid it will be too dark

#2067 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
              • 303 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

Does anyone know the color choices they have for ribbons? I see decorative ribbons in photos of the gazebo and the cakes. I was wondering what colors they have. And is the cake with the ribbons included in the wedding package? Thanks!

#2068 TA Patty

TA Patty

Insiders

• Insiders
                • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hi,

If the wedding package you choose includes gazebo decorations you will be able to choose from their ribbon selection. They have 20 or so colors to choose from; reds, blues, yellows, greens, orange etc. or you can opt to bring your own ribbon if you do not like any of theirs. Same thing with the cake. Hope this helps. Good luck. TA Patty

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
                  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
                  Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#2069 mellibelli

mellibelli
                  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

She will only confirm the date, time won't be confirmed till you get there. She never emailed me back to confirm my date so I emailed her and she said it was booked. I think she only emails back if she can't book the day you requested.

#2070 mellibelli

mellibelli
                    • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

I got a different quote from HDC themselves, better then what your travel agent gave you. I would contact them directly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users