Jump to content

Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?


  • Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#1991 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,619 posts

    Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:16 PM

    really!!! what the heck!! ah well I wont worry about it now!! They even charged us another $15 to pay for my dad's wheel chair by credit card.
    And I didn't get a bottle of champagne! lol
    Yes!!! My hair was $2000 pesos, we felt rich! lol
    Ohhh your parents paid for your wedding, that's so amazing and nice of them!!! Our parents gave us money for our RRSP ONLY!!! (we weren't allowed to use it for paying bills or anything, at first I was pissed cause that $$ would have def help us get out of debt.. but then we bought a house so it worked out LOL!!)

    How are you and the baby doing?!?! feeling better with the moring sickness?
    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
    Tracy and Mike

    Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
    Happily ever after...

    #1992 natalie1987

    natalie1987
    • Jr. Member
    • 201 posts

      Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:45 AM

      I was wondering about tipping...did you girls give everyone a tip? like the justice of peace?; waiters; dj; bartender; wedding coordinator...I plan on giving tips for the wedding just unsure who or if i am missing anyone..I guess I am unsure how much is fair or did you give gifts instead of $$?

      Thanks!

      #1993 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

      MilitaryMrs.s-to be
      • Member
      • 553 posts

        Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

        They charged you extra for the wheel chair as well?? As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't have had to pay for it in the first place. Thats crazy!

        I didn't know my parents were paying for it, we had all the cash with us to pay for it, and when we got back from our meeting with Carolina, Dad was like, umm Wasn't I suppose to go? I was like no Dad, were just did wedding stuff, he said, well how am I suppose to pay for it if I'm not there. I almost cried in the middle of the beach! lol He's so sweet. I argued with him for a couple of minutes about him not paying but he just walked away from me! haha

        About the hair, I made my appt the day before the wedding. I'm pretty sure brides take over in there because it didn't really matter what time I said they were going to let me in. I got in at 11am and my ceremony was at 4. My photogh arrived at 2. And they charged me $122US. Which was insane but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

        Tipping..........I forgot!! OMG! I couldn't believe it, I said to Mike the morning of the wedding, put some money in your pocket to give to Carolina after the ceremony and he was like oh yeah for sure. Well the guy ended up wearing his BFF's underwear because he forgot his own in our room and I was getting ready in there, so needless to say we didn't have any money on us to give to her. And its IMPOSSIBLE to catch her in her office, we tired sooo many times. I got to talk to her once about my sand ceremony stuff a couple of days before we left but that was only because I was in the pool beside La Uva, and she was setting up for a reception, I just busted right up in there, LOL.

        But we always tipped everyone else. If we got back next year we are going to take her a gift :)

        #1994 caribbeanLover

        caribbeanLover
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,619 posts

          Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

          I know I was a little upset that they charged me $150 for the use of the wheel chair for 6 days. But my dad wouldn't have been able to get by for the week if we didn't have it. So in the end we felt the price of having my dad there was worth it (Last year in the middle of planning the wedding, he got real sick. Went into a coma... He had a lung bleed.The doctors didn't know if he'd make it (live) and this was going on for about 4 months... finally he came around but for 2 months due to all the meds he had no idea who I was. But he made it through all of that, and was able to travel to Punta Cana for me wedding, so $150 was worth it, but still not right they charge)

          Tipping, I gave her 15%-20% of the total cost of the bill. We tipped the server's (that served us at the ceremony and reception) $200 to split among themselves.
          We gave the DJ $20-$30 (not sure anymore lol) we had a lot of people trying to crash our beach party, so our BEst man went at got a security gaurd to watch for the rest of our night, we also tipped him. And we tipped the bar tender ($40 but the guest also tipped them)
          http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
          Tracy and Mike

          Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
          Happily ever after...

          #1995 Chicago

          Chicago
          • Newbie
          • 34 posts

            Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

            Hi Ladies,

            I am sorry to just barge in on your discussion. My question does not have anything to do with your current topic. I am thinking that I have seen someone post a link to a script for wedding ceremony on this thread. I might be mistaken. I cannot find it or I am just running through it too fast.

            Please if any of you have posted it or know on which page the link is on I would very much appreciate it.

            Also its nice reading your posts. I will also be getting married at Grand Palladium January 5th. I dont have much time to chime in but would like to soon. Based on what I have read and seen from your pics it looks beautiful!!

            Alma

            #1996 richarsd

            richarsd
            • Jr. Member
            • 331 posts

              Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

              Ladies, I can't decide what do for music for the reception so thought I'd throw it out to the group. We're getting the trio band for the ceremony so don't have to worry about that at least.

              For the reception, we decided to shell out for the private restaurant for dinner...we get it for 4 or 5 hours (haven't settled on times yet) so we're just gonna have the party and reception there too following dinner. We figured we'd hire the DJ for the party because I don't wanna have to bother anyone with flipping CDs over or me worrying about it myself (it's only like an extra $50 more than renting the sounds equipment anyway).

              But I'm not sure what do for the dinner portion of the night. I definitely would like music to be played then too but we only get the Dj for 3 hours (unless we pay extra). So, I guess the options are to pay extra for the DJ to be there for the dinner too (although it kinda seems like a waste to just him him sit there as we eat for another $100). Or does anyone know if it's possible to just have the sound system (no Dj) available for the first part and the DJ come later? We will have an MC to announce our entrance into the restaurant and get everyone seated...I suppose he could just press "play" on the machine, lol.

              What did you ladies do?? Thanks for your help!! :)

              #1997 caribbeanLover

              caribbeanLover
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,619 posts

                Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Chicago
                Hi Ladies,

                I am sorry to just barge in on your discussion. My question does not have anything to do with your current topic. I am thinking that I have seen someone post a link to a script for wedding ceremony on this thread. I might be mistaken. I cannot find it or I am just running through it too fast.

                Please if any of you have posted it or know on which page the link is on I would very much appreciate it.

                Also its nice reading your posts. I will also be getting married at Grand Palladium January 5th. I dont have much time to chime in but would like to soon. Based on what I have read and seen from your pics it looks beautiful!!

                Alma
                I'm not sure of what your talking about?! Are you talking about the symbolic ceremony scripts, or the legal one? Or are you speaking of the script for the sand ceremony?

                congrats on your engagment and upcoming wedding date...it'll fly by!!!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by richarsd
                Ladies, I can't decide what do for music for the reception so thought I'd throw it out to the group. We're getting the trio band for the ceremony so don't have to worry about that at least.

                For the reception, we decided to shell out for the private restaurant for dinner...we get it for 4 or 5 hours (haven't settled on times yet) so we're just gonna have the party and reception there too following dinner. We figured we'd hire the DJ for the party because I don't wanna have to bother anyone with flipping CDs over or me worrying about it myself (it's only like an extra $50 more than renting the sounds equipment anyway).

                But I'm not sure what do for the dinner portion of the night. I definitely would like music to be played then too but we only get the Dj for 3 hours (unless we pay extra). So, I guess the options are to pay extra for the DJ to be there for the dinner too (although it kinda seems like a waste to just him him sit there as we eat for another $100). Or does anyone know if it's possible to just have the sound system (no Dj) available for the first part and the DJ come later? We will have an MC to announce our entrance into the restaurant and get everyone seated...I suppose he could just press "play" on the machine, lol.

                What did you ladies do?? Thanks for your help!! :)
                Hi!!!
                You'll have a blast with the restuarant all to yourself. I personally don't think you should spend any extra for the DJ for longer hours, your paying enough (especially for a DW) I say just listen to the restuatant music during dinner (or you can even ask nicely if you can throw a cd into their player.. you could make a cd for a 2 hour period) which would be easy to do, there are tons of ideas/list on the net for kinds of music for this type of setting.
                Hope this helps!!
                http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                Tracy and Mike

                Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                Happily ever after...

                #1998 richarsd

                richarsd
                • Jr. Member
                • 331 posts

                  Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

                  Ah so the restaurants DO play music?? I wondered if maybe they did. That would probably suffice assuming it's not loud and obnoxious music, lol, which I can't imagine. And I definitely would be open to trying to persude a waiter to play a CD...who could turn down a bride on her wedding day (especially if I threw in a tip )
                  So glad I asked...thanks Tracey!

                  #1999 caribbeanLover

                  caribbeanLover
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,619 posts

                    Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by richarsd
                    Ah so the restaurants DO play music?? I wondered if maybe they did. That would probably suffice assuming it's not loud and obnoxious music, lol, which I can't imagine. And I definitely would be open to trying to persude a waiter to play a CD...who could turn down a bride on her wedding day (especially if I threw in a tip )
                    So glad I asked...thanks Tracey!
                    Yes, they play music I didn't know either until that night of my wedding LOL. Tho granted I wasn't really worried about music for dinner since I know people end up talking, then other people so the back round noise ends up being people talking lol. but yeah for sure if you give it to Carolina she'll make sure it'll get played!!!
                    My pleasure... anything else comes up just ask away!!!
                    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                    Tracy and Mike

                    Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                    Happily ever after...

                    #2000 chell44

                    chell44
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 202 posts

                      Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

                      I have a question related to music.. I plan on having the beach party with the dj but making my cd's how does it work out, as far as certain songs being played at certain times? ie: bouquet/garter toss, entrance. Do I just number all the cd's? I feel like I'm going to have to keep telling the dj when to play things and I don't want to be bothered, I just want to enjoy my night.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users