Jump to content

Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?


  • Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#1971 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,619 posts

    Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheila2011
    Hey All! Hope you guys are having better weather than we are here!! Where the heck is summer??

    Anyways, I am excited because I have now ordered my Sand Ceremony stuff and my guestbook and have booked the date for my first fitting!! I guess now I have to figure out what to have someone say during the sand ceremony and I guess what to say during the actual renewal of vows ceremony! I am worried about having to write it myself. :S (And I still have to do a bunch of other things....for my sanity I am glad I am doing a DW!)
    You should head down this way, we're having amazing hot weather!! A.C almost doesn't feel like enough some days!! But Edmonton is known for not having a summer, or having an amazing one right? I know you guys get crazy horrible winters.

    Ahh, I was so excited to get my sand ceremony kit, but I had gotten it last min I was worried it wouldn't come in time before we left (but it did!!!)
    I just found a saying on the internet, I googled it. I also found a lot of wording on here as well... I'll look to see if I still have my speech. I asked my SIL to do it (who has stage fright, she did freaking amazing!!!) it was nice to have someone up there that knows us.

    (I pick a whole bunch that I like, and just put a few phrases that I liked)

    As you stand beside the ocean, may your love always be as constant as the tide; waves flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Just as water is the eternal force of life, so is love. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage. Love is the force that completes us.

    You have just sealed your marriage by the giving and receiving of rings. Although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other, with everything you can imagine. Keep your commitment primary, and nourish it, above all else.

    Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. In your lives together, you will no doubt be faced with many challenges, but also many joys. Embrace all of these together, as partners, as one.

    To symbolize this union, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without the need of anything else. However, when these two are blended together, they create an entirely new, and extraordinarily more intricate entity.

    Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination.

    Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

    [XX and XX pour the sand into the centre vase]

    XX and XX, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

    Congratulation!!!!
    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
    Tracy and Mike

    Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
    Happily ever after...

    #1972 sheila2011

    sheila2011
    • Newbie
    • 105 posts

      Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

      Thanks Tracy for the Sand Ceremony script! I will have to show it to my Mike later! Did you write your ceremony one too?

      We actually do get warm weather here sometimes! (30 degrees sometimes!) But it also changes SO quickly....the line is you blink and the weather changes! We definitely don't have the same humidity that you guys do out east!
      Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

      #1973 jerzshortstuff

      jerzshortstuff
      • Jr. Member
      • 303 posts

        Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
        You should head down this way, we're having amazing hot weather!! A.C almost doesn't feel like enough some days!! But Edmonton is known for not having a summer, or having an amazing one right? I know you guys get crazy horrible winters.

        Ahh, I was so excited to get my sand ceremony kit, but I had gotten it last min I was worried it wouldn't come in time before we left (but it did!!!)
        I just found a saying on the internet, I googled it. I also found a lot of wording on here as well... I'll look to see if I still have my speech. I asked my SIL to do it (who has stage fright, she did freaking amazing!!!) it was nice to have someone up there that knows us.

        (I pick a whole bunch that I like, and just put a few phrases that I liked)

        As you stand beside the ocean, may your love always be as constant as the tide; waves flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea. Just as water is the eternal force of life, so is love. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage. Love is the force that completes us.

        You have just sealed your marriage by the giving and receiving of rings. Although you will be sharing one life, never forget that you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other, with everything you can imagine. Keep your commitment primary, and nourish it, above all else.

        Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. In your lives together, you will no doubt be faced with many challenges, but also many joys. Embrace all of these together, as partners, as one.

        To symbolize this union, two separate colors of sand will be combined. Each one holds its own unique beauty, strength, and character. They can stand on their own and be whole, without the need of anything else. However, when these two are blended together, they create an entirely new, and extraordinarily more intricate entity.

        Each grain of sand brings to the mixture a lasting beauty that forever enriches the combination.

        Please pour the sand into this common container to symbolize the union of your two lives.

        [XX and XX pour the sand into the centre vase]

        XX and XX, just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be a molding of two individual personalities, bonded together forming one heart, one life, and one family.

        Congratulation!!!!
        I love your sand ceremony script! I was debating on whether to have it or not since were traveling there. Did you encounter any problems bringing the stuff there or home? I am nervous it will break or something. Did you use a glass container?

        #1974 caribbeanLover

        caribbeanLover
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,619 posts

          Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff
          I love your sand ceremony script! I was debating on whether to have it or not since were traveling there. Did you encounter any problems bringing the stuff there or home? I am nervous it will break or something. Did you use a glass container?
          Click the image to open in full size.
          I didn't chose the green, hubby did!! I wasn't pleased, but he was so determined to have green I had to have him have it lol. It really didn't turn out half as bad as I would have thought

          I had no problems leaving Punta Cana with the sand in the vase. However, there is a spong thingy that goes in the vase after you pour the sand for the top to stay on. Someone on the staff lost it, so I had no spong. I decided to put the vase in a bag, and put it in my carry on (where a lot of girls carried it back on, but I had my dress in my hands) once I crossed over, the lady who checks the bags just pulled it out of the carry on, so i just 'freaked telling her to careful and I slowly took it out for her to show her, everything was fine she let me go through. I've never heard anyone have problems. So you should be ok.
          http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
          Tracy and Mike

          Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
          Happily ever after...

          #1975 sheila2011

          sheila2011
          • Newbie
          • 105 posts

            Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

            Tracy that's the exact same Sand Ceremony kit I bought!!! Glad to see it in action and looking good!! :)
            Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

            #1976 caribbeanLover

            caribbeanLover
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,619 posts

              Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by sheila2011
              Tracy that's the exact same Sand Ceremony kit I bought!!! Glad to see it in action and looking good!! :)
              amazing, keep the spong that comes with it, it's def useful!!!
              what colours did you pick for the sand? For the bottom part (the part that the person doing the reading is suppose to pour, I used Punta Cana sand to always remember, you can do the same!!)
              http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
              Tracy and Mike

              Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
              Happily ever after...

              #1977 jerzshortstuff

              jerzshortstuff
              • Jr. Member
              • 303 posts

                Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                amazing, keep the spong that comes with it, it's def useful!!!
                what colours did you pick for the sand? For the bottom part (the part that the person doing the reading is suppose to pour, I used Punta Cana sand to always remember, you can do the same!!)
                Sounds like a great idea! Did you have any problems coming through customs with it?

                #1978 caribbeanLover

                caribbeanLover
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,619 posts

                  Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

                  Like I was saying in my past post just above, I had no problems, they just want to see it, so if you can...carry it as suppose to putting it in your carry-on and I can assure there will be no issues!! :)
                  http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                  Tracy and Mike

                  Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                  Happily ever after...

                  #1979 richarsd

                  richarsd
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 331 posts

                    Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                    If you click on sungoddes name, a little window will pop up and it'll say to send her a private msg, click on it and you'll be able to do a private msg!
                    good luck!
                    Yeah, I don't have the permissions yet to private msg someone...I think you need to be a full member first and not a "noob", lol. So that's why I wondered if there wasd another way to get around it.

                    #1980 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

                    MilitaryMrs.s-to be
                    • Member
                    • 553 posts

                      Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

                      I just used a glass water bottle for my sand ceremony, and had no problem getting it home, it has a stopper in the top and I just filled it with beach sand before we left put the stopper in and then put band aids around the top to keep it on there (which I haven't taken off cause I think it will take from the moment..hahha...I'm so gay) I wrapped it in one of my dresses and put it in my carry one, which was just my beach bag so they considered it a purse and it went through the screening thing, they never opened it all. I had no problems getting it home.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users