Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff View Post
thanks for all of the tips... I have been married before so I am definitely not a bridezilla and am pretty simple about everything (hence the destination wedding). I guess we can just see when we get down there since I am sure there will be many more weddings that week. Should I be emailing Carolina at all about anything? I booked our date, sent our agreement, and that was it. I also feel like she has a TON of people to deal with so I really don't feel like bothering her at all since were not getting married until April. I don't really have any special requests or anything so I guess we just plan everything once we are there? Anyone know how that usually works?
That's basically how I have been. Not really bothering her at all. She emailed me recently and I threw some of my plans into my response to her stating that I just wanted to give her a heads up on what we were thinking of doing ie beach reception, pastor york and dj mannia. Also stated that I know that we will plan everything when we see her. No emails since then. I think if we are all planning the destination wedding then we can't expect to have total control over everything as we would expect at home. But that's the point, right?! :) I will be giving my update report in a couple weeks to let you know if there is anything you should request in advance!! :)

Ok ladies I am leaving in exactly 7 days!! WOohoo!!! As promised here are some pics of projects I've completed.

Well not a project but these are my real touch flowers and grooms bout. I should have them in a couple days.

Click the image to open in full size.

Chapstick

Fan with tissues, gum and program

Handle of the fan

Closeup of tissues and gum

Starfish seating card

More to come!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post

Sheila 2011 - green stilettos!! That sounds hot! wink.gif I take it green is your colour for the wedding?
Yeah, I saw the shoes and decided that green would be my colour! I don't have any bridesmaids (just my brother) and I love green, so why not!! I do love them though!! When I figure it out again and find my camera I can take a picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
Ok ladies I am leaving in exactly 7 days!! WOohoo!!! As promised here are some pics of projects I've completed.

More to come!!
Sap, I LOVE your fans...nice job! Did you order them plain from somewhere and do the details yourself or did they come like that?

I have a question for those of you who did/plan to do a TTD session with the resort photographer: what are the prices?? One of our guests is a wedding photographer so she'll be doing our photographs on our wedding day but I thought about booking a session a couple mornings later with the resort photography since TTD is such a specific photography concept and she's never done that before. Anyone have the package prices from the resort for this? Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
I have a question for those of you who did/plan to do a TTD session with the resort photographer: what are the prices?? One of our guests is a wedding photographer so she'll be doing our photographs on our wedding day but I thought about booking a session a couple mornings later with the resort photography since TTD is such a specific photography concept and she's never done that before. Anyone have the package prices from the resort for this? Thanks a bunch!
This is the link Carolina sent me
JALU.US

Quote:
Sap, I LOVE your fans...nice job! Did you order them plain from somewhere and do the details yourself or did they come like that?
I ordered them from oriental trading company and got supplies from michaels and went to town making 50 of them! :)

Quote:
I am using HDC photo and they charge $250
TRASH THE DRESS SESSION includes:

• 1 hour Photo Session (usually the day after your wedding)

• 1 DVD with all the pictures in high resolution that you can print
at any lab and in any size.
The DVD includes approximately 150
pictures (Originals & Edited).

• 1 Slideshow on DVD of your best pictures (with titles and music
of your choice).

• 1 set of 50 printed pictures in 6 x 8.

250 US$

Ok.... So I just realized this today and I can't believe I didn't think of this when planning and booking.....

sorry if this it TMI but I need some opinions....

I am going to have my period the week I'm in Dominican...RRRR I can't believe I didn't plan around this....

So I was wondering.... there is a medication called Norethisterone that can be taken 3 days before expected menstruation and will delay it for about a week... I want to ask my doctor about it....

Do you think this is a good idea or should I just tough it out??

awe that sucks...kinda personal but are you taking the pill at all?? I am off of mine now but I used to just keep taking them without skipping that one week of "sugar pills" to prevent mine from starting if I was on vacation etc... and it always skipped it for that week until the next time came around :)