Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#181 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:24 AM

carribbeanlover... I noticed your date is in april 2010. I was just wondering if you went through a travel agent to get your hotel reservations or used an online site? I keep looking online and can't get any prices for next april. Thanks in advance!

#182 shankd

shankd
    • 272 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:51 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbum
      shankd, what are you using to determine the menus? can you choose anything from any of the restaurants?
      I'm not sure...I asked Carolina to send me the menu's and she did, let me know if you would like the e-mail she sent me...pm me your e-mail and I'll send it to you...:)

#183 jenmyl

jenmyl
      • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

Thank you Seaprincess, Shankd, MilitaryMrs.s-to be and CaribbeanLover for your advice! I'll keep my eyes open for a cheaper, lighter dress but if I don't find one then I'll just wear my wedding dress for the whole day/night!

#184 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
        • 1,619 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff
          carribbeanlover... I noticed your date is in april 2010. I was just wondering if you went through a travel agent to get your hotel reservations or used an online site? I keep looking online and can't get any prices for next april. Thanks in advance!
          Hi!
          I booked the wedding myself. I have set up a website for our guest to check out with all the travel info so they can book for themselves, alot cheaper. I did go to a TA and they were giving me high quotes like 1400$ leaving from Montreal, but on the websites I can get the price for 1278$. I am suprised the dates aren't out yet for you. Just give it a few more weeks I'm sure by then they will be there! (Don't bother with expida they never have it, you'd have to call them)
          http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
          Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
          Happily ever after...

#185 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
          • 303 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
            Hi!
            I booked the wedding myself. I have set up a website for our guest to check out with all the travel info so they can book for themselves, alot cheaper. I did go to a TA and they were giving me high quotes like 1400$ leaving from Montreal, but on the websites I can get the price for 1278$. I am suprised the dates aren't out yet for you. Just give it a few more weeks I'm sure by then they will be there! (Don't bother with expida they never have it, you'd have to call them)
            ok thanks!

#186 rgonzalez_83

rgonzalez_83
            • 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

If anyone has any info on the private reception (but not the beach reception), pretty please pm me or post. I've been waiting a week for a response from Carolina.

Thanks!

#187 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
              • 1,619 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm still wondering if I should consider buying an Ipod and filling it with songs for dancing, our first dance...
                I'm not having a private reception, so would I really need one? Is anyone doing this without a private reception? If so where are you planning on using it?
                Thanks so much!!!
                http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                Happily ever after...

#188 rgonzalez_83

rgonzalez_83
                • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hi, Ladies,

Just wondering if people have a RSVP date they are giving their guests, and if so, how many months before your wedding??

#189 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
                  • 553 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                    I'm still wondering if I should consider buying an Ipod and filling it with songs for dancing, our first dance...
                    I'm not having a private reception, so would I really need one? Is anyone doing this without a private reception? If so where are you planning on using it?
                    Thanks so much!!!
                    We arn't having a private reception, but we are still bringing the ipod, were going to use ours for our ceremony music.

#190 jessi4d

jessi4d
                    • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Rgonzales- We booked our rooms, our parents' rooms and our attendants' rooms early since we are traveling during peak season. After that, I'm not worrying too much about everyone else RSVPing. Apparently, Carolina doesn't need a headcount until we arrive, so there's no problem with people booking last minute. Thank goodness we won't have to keep on everyone for final headcounts like traditional weddings. We can only remind them that the longer they wait, they more they will pay in airfare.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users