Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Hi Girls! I have been MIA too! Been busy trying to plan the AHR. We are definitely having it here at home in the backyard on June 19th! It better not rain as we don't have a tent yet! Oh well...I am sure it will all work out.. fingers crossed everyone! I sent an evite for this party and so far have 56 confirmed that they are coming but 60 have not replied. If they come and bring someone...yikes! But the way I look at it... if they didnt reply immediately, they don't know yet if they can make it so chances are maybe half of that number won't come, so we shall see. Gave them a deadline of this Friday.

Sungodess.... its almost here for you! I am trying to do a review too and post it quickly. Having trouble with photos on here though so I opened a photobucket site and might just do a link to all photos so you can all see the beach party, dinner, hotel, gazebo, etc. Will do that soon... I promise.

As Caribbeanlover said it is friggin hot here! Just walked to the store for my husbands b-day cake. And guess what I am doing in this heat... cooking a turkey! Just a small one. His Mom and daughter are coming over so it should be fun.. HOT.. but fun.

Talk soon girls! Really excited for those of you whose wedding is around the corner!!!

Woooo!! I am gettting closerrrr lol. Every morning I wake up now I'm happy.!

I find that whenever I'm in the Carribbean I LOVE mornings -- like, waking up at 7am, going for a coffee/cappuchino and then lounging by the pool. There is somethign about mornings in the carribbean that gets me, it's so calm and relaxing.

So now every morning I wake up, I imagine I'm there and it's nice! lol..it's perfect weather too!! I'm down by the pool with a freezie (just came up to get sun screen lol)

Great idea for the review Dawn - with the link to the pics, that works perfect!

Cooking a turkey -- wow, I give you credit! :)

Carribbean lover -- we are staying at Dreams Palm Beach! I've heard great things, and we got a good deal on it! All of the reviews on trip advisor have been amazing (like 6 pages of only good reviews). Grand PAlladium has been hit or miss lately. But I know not to believe trip advisor 100% lol..just with a grain of salt!

I am jealous of you guys and your hot weather! It's finally sunny here and will get up to about 13! Better than the snow that people got camping on the May long weekend though!

I can't wait to read everyone's reviews, and thank you in advance for posting them and answering everyone's questions!

Ohh I have a friend who got married at the Palm Beach on the day after me, and she's been to the Palladium as well. She couldn't compare since they were both real great!! She said the Dreams Punta Cana one is bigger though

Soo how are you sleep?!?!?! I could hardly sleep a little less then a month away!!

Sheila I promise my review will be up soon lol (i'm so horrible!!!!!!!!!)

But......... As promised with much delay (sorry about that) I put together some pics to give you a sort of idea how the beach party looks. pls minus us (I looked like crap by then, sweated off my make-up, danced my hair back down)

Click the image to open in full size.

The Enterance (behind that is La Uva Restaurant)

behind us, the yellow gazebo, is where the DJ is

DJ!

the chairs and tables are on the left hand side (the camera is hinding it) also where the bar is

sorry this is the only pic i found of the bar lol!! it's a hut kinda thing.

As you can see behind us there is more chairs.

I have pics of just the tables I still have to scan those tho!

Hope this helps a bit, sorta of get an idea. As you can see in the sand or on us there is a spot light (which is high on a tree)

Tracy don't worry about the review! Take your time and concentrate on your health (and new hubby!!) Thanks sooooo much for taking the time to post the beach party pics! Now go take care of yourself!

Good luck sleeping sungoddess!! I have issues sleeping regularly, so I totally understand how frustrating it is to not sleep!

My only wedding news is that I am going to try on my dress tomorrow! I hope it looks good!

aww thanks!!! your to sweet and kind!!

It was my pleasure!!! Hope it didn't take to long

Oh me too I have sleep issues!!! so annoying!!!!! I feel your pain.

Ohhh that's so exciting, hope you can post some pics, would love to see!!!

I'm totally still in the wedding world, so much so DH says I should become a WC lol!!

Great pics!!!!!! Thanks!!! We decided not to have the beach party a little while ago, but those pics are great! I think if we had more people coming we would do it! But we're a small enough group that going to the lobby bar or somethign should be fine!!

Yes...take care of yourself! although I saw on fb that you got a BBQ lol...so take care of yourself WITH some BBQ'd food. mmmm

Well...I have been sleeping fine knock on wood -- but as we're getting closer I'm getting more anxious about the flight. Bah, I Was never like this before! Anyways, that's my only issue. ONE MONTH TODAY!! Perhaps I will start thinking more about it now.

I ordered a veil online from etsy. I hope I like it! It shipped from the states on the 24, so should be here within the next 10 days.

Also, we ordered my second wedding band last night!! It's a beautiful set and I can't wait until it gets here!

Glad you are still in wedding mode -- COME ON JUNE BRIDES, join BDW! lol.

So I have a few more questions that hopefully someone knows the answer too. Kenia (the WC assistant) sent me the 2010 ROV packages since 2011 isn't out yet.

1. Does the ROV ceremony prices increase drastically from year to year? I want to book NOW but if the price doubles I will have a heart attack lol.

2. How do you reserve your date and time? Since its a ROV can we just have it any time we want? I don't know if a judge does the ROV or if the WC does. Anyone know? I am thinking 5-6pm is best but I really don't know how it works.

3. And from experience, would it be better to get married on a Thursday or Friday?

4. Is a deposit required?

5. Are outside photographers permitted?

Sorry for all of the questions. Seeing that the WC is out I can only imagine how busy the assistant is, so I'd rather see if I can get answers here before e-mailing her. Thanks in advance!

1. I looked at last years prices for ROV and I believe it only increased $50.00. I could be mistaken on that -- but definately not very much!

2. I am doing a ROV and the time IS more flexible beacuse you do not need to coordinate with a Priest/Judge. We requested 5pm and as of now, we have that -- it is subject to change, however I think I may request later (like 6pm) when I get there.

3. I don't know from experience, but I don't think it matters whether it's a Thursday or Friday...! lol They don't seem to mind either one.

4. No, a deposit is not required.

5. Yes, outside photographers are permitted -- they will be required to have a day pass (paid for by you -- I forget how much it is though)