Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

I am too so happy the wedding is over and to have my life back, but I've been planning for long, got lost in the whole wedding thing. I have no idea where to begin again. I feel soo lost. I'm sure I just need a couple of days to re group.

Well at least I don't feel so alone about not getting a gift or bottle of wine or whatever on the wedding day. Maybe I'll just let it go and not even bother asking her why.

Sand ceremony, you wont get it back sad.gif I gave her 2 bags with wedding things, and only got 1 bag back and was there for an extra week and let her know, she didn't do anything about it!! ah well at least it's just a bag.

wow Courtney, that sounds like an amazing package!!! SO many photos!!! Me too I got the dvd with music, and with all the photos I can print myself. Same thing with the TTD.

I payed for the entire package (including the TTD) was $935US

Tracy,

your TTD session is beautifull :)

I only got a fruit basket upon arrival. no rum and no gift sad.gif

we got the breakfast the next morning, but was to hangover to eat, we went to the buffet later lol

Sungoddess

1) I had my own private photographer from down here, so I can't help you on that one, sorry. but I can tell you she was with me from 1pm to 12am.

2) I brought my cd with my music to go down the aisle, and then another cd for my first dance that I had on the beach (beach party).

3) We got La Uva, you have a big selection for the menu, we had onion soup, t-bone steak and brownie.

4) The cake is beautifull and delicious :) we choose vanille cake, but you can also have chocolate. we were a group of 25 and had plenty of cake left lol

5) my timeline: wedding ceremony at the new gazebo at 4pm, dinner at la uva at 6h30pm and beach party at 8h30pm everything was perfect that way for us and my guests.

6) I absolutly recommend the beach party, it's was really nice and the party was great :)

It was the perfect day for me, but it goes by to fast sad.gif

brides to be, don't worry about small details, the setting there is so beautifull and romantic the only thing missing is YOU :)

Aww Isabelle, Looks like we all missed out on a few things from our package. But like you said it was still the perfect day!!!

It does go by so fast, and again your so right don't pull a me and be so stressed over little detials, truly the only thing missing is you, ur FI and close fam and friends.

Yup 27 of us and tons of cake left over. The will be sure to make it for the amount of your guest.

Thanks so much Isabelle, do you have any pics up?

BTW everyone there that week, Most of us didn't make it to the meet and greet, We didn't realize how much it takes to host so many guest.

Hope most of you are interested in going back maybe for you first anniversary!! :)

if so we would def for sure make up for lost times.

it seems like we all had hickups during the day.....it rained on my parade, like 1 hr before my ceremony, so Carolina called me stating that my ceremony will have to be done in Heminways, since everything was soaked and they didn't have time to decorate the gazebo. I must admit I was very disapointed, but can't control the weather.....rain is good luck anyway!!!!!

The ceremony was beautiful, perfect coudn't ask for anything more....

I had the beach party booked, but again had to cancel because they were calling for rain for a 24 hr period and didn't want my guests getting wet....so I postponed it till the following night.....Diner was great, we were at the Spanish restaurant, the ceasar salad was awsome, so very well decorated.....amasing diner. That's one thing can't complain about the food, everything was great!!!!

we headed back to Heminways (all premium liquor) beautiful bar.....we had our first danced, and drank champagne till the disco opened and partied our faces off!!!! Great tunes.......we shut the place down.....

When we got back to my room.....no decorations, no champagne, no gift....I called room service twice that day to have my room cleaned, they never showed. I had to clean my own room because didn't want unmade beds for my wedding day pictures......not impressed!!!!!

We were woken up the next day with our breakfast in bed.....we requested it at 8:30, and it came on time....we took a bottle of champagne from the bar the night before, so we had champagne and orange juice on our patio that morning......

we went to the pool and ocean with the kids all day, amazing beautiful day, it did rain a bit in the afternoon. When we got back to the room, the maid cleaned my room and took my champagne flutes.........I called everyone and their mother to try and get them back, no one really did anything about it. I went to bed in tears that night. They were my flutes that I brought from home......

The next day, my husband spoke to the maids boss, he was back in 5 minutes with my flutes. They were in the back room, I guess they don't bring dirty dishes to be washed right away......Thank god I got them back. So moral of this story, if you don't want something misplaced or taken by accident, put it away!!!!!! They are very honest people, I trust them not to steal, but they have a job to do, and they try to do it well.......

A few days later when I went to pay Carolina, I tried to dispute the price of the wedding, I didn't get the decorations, the chamgagne, the basket of fruit, the wedding gift......and added to her that my room wasn't even cleaned the day of my wedding!!!!! Her jaw hit the floor!!!!! This was the friday before leaving sat morning!!! We hit the beach and did some shopping and got some more sun, and drinks.....when we came back to the room, the just married sign was on my door, the champagne and flutes where on ice, my basket of fruit and rum were on the table. The wedding gift were two t-shirts with we just married at the Palladium written on the back.

So all in all I am married to my best friend.......bottom line. It wasn't the magical day I had expected!!!! My husband and I and most of the group we were with thought the resort was way to big and lacked direction!!! There were way to many rules.....they say you don't need reservations, but for certain ones you do....they have a buffet at the pool, but can't go in if your wet or don't have a cover up. I had a small serong on, witch covered my bottom half and was wearing a monokini, they turned me away and told me to put a shirt on!!!! There are 2 bars at the pool, I was in the kids section with my daughter, went up to the bar to get her a pop, and the bartender told me to go to the bar in the pool because I was wet!!!!!! Not impressed......

In my opinion Carolina does her job very well, but is very much overloaded. They do too many weddings a day, and the married couples go without, or some of their stuff goes missing......To do this over again, I would go in there fully loaded, and pretty much know what, where, and how everything will go down, so you know and can also orchestrate where your sentimental valuables will be!!!!

HDC photography made my day.....if it wasn't for Arnaud, I would have wanted to do my day over again!!!!! He is the best.....Once my pics will be on facebook I will post the link.....

Oh Danielle, I'm so sorry it wasn't everything you hoped for. Carolina changed me from the gazebo to hemingways 5 times, after that I said, I'm getting married in the gazebo rain or shine! It rained until I got halfway down the aisle and it stopped for the rest of the day (good thing eh Tracy!!)

I was a little upset that we didn't get La Uva as we requested, she said we were the smallest wedding group that day so we had to go to the Mexican restaurant, I met a guy who was with the wedding party at noon that day and they had 23 people or something like that and he said they were eating at the Italian....We had 31 people. Smallest eh? hmmmm.................I didn't get any wine/champagne in my room the night of, my room as also not cleaned. My photographer made my bed so he could take pictures in there. I wasn't impressed at all over that.

And Danielle, if it makes you feel any better, you can't go into any buffets at any resorts I have been to, wet or with a bathing suit on, you have to be covered up. Hope that makes you feel better.

And I soooo wish I got a married at Palladium shirt!!!!!! cry.gif

don't get me wrong....the whole point of the day was to marry the love of my life, and that happened!!! I am truly blessed to have a healthy and happy familly and after 11 yrs I'm finally an honest women!!!!! AMEN!!!...lol

This isn't our first time in the DR, I am glad I got to see the beautiful sands in Punta Cana, and I'm also happy that my kids absolutly loved every minute of their trip. On the other hand, we both agreed that we are done traveling there......we've been there and done that, finished it on a good note. We just really found it too big for our taste, and don't think I would recommend it to others. It's just not our thing....my advice to other brides, the gazebo is beautiful, do it, enjoy your day it's not a bad choice and don't regret the choice I made, I just wish I would have taken the reins and not let anything slip through my fingers. Take control of your day, don't let anyone plan the day for you. Go to the wedding office and tell them what you want instead of them telling you what you will have......I'm too soft like that, them get upset because I didn't speak up~

What are you girls doing for a honeymoon, or was your honeymoon included with your trip to the DR.....because we had our 8 and 3 yr olds with us, we are planning a trip to Tahiti or Aruba in November for 2 weeks......just starting to look up info on the areas now.....

very excited to start planning the honeymoon!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankd View Post
it seems like we all had hickups during the day.....it rained on my parade, like 1 hr before my ceremony, so Carolina called me stating that my ceremony will have to be done in Heminways, since everything was soaked and they didn't have time to decorate the gazebo. I must admit I was very disapointed, but can't control the weather.....rain is good luck anyway!!!!!

The ceremony was beautiful, perfect coudn't ask for anything more....

I had the beach party booked, but again had to cancel because they were calling for rain for a 24 hr period and didn't want my guests getting wet....so I postponed it till the following night.....Diner was great, we were at the Spanish restaurant, the ceasar salad was awsome, so very well decorated.....amasing diner. That's one thing can't complain about the food, everything was great!!!!

we headed back to Heminways (all premium liquor) beautiful bar.....we had our first danced, and drank champagne till the disco opened and partied our faces off!!!! Great tunes.......we shut the place down.....

When we got back to my room.....no decorations, no champagne, no gift....I called room service twice that day to have my room cleaned, they never showed. I had to clean my own room because didn't want unmade beds for my wedding day pictures......not impressed!!!!!

We were woken up the next day with our breakfast in bed.....we requested it at 8:30, and it came on time....we took a bottle of champagne from the bar the night before, so we had champagne and orange juice on our patio that morning......

we went to the pool and ocean with the kids all day, amazing beautiful day, it did rain a bit in the afternoon. When we got back to the room, the maid cleaned my room and took my champagne flutes.........I called everyone and their mother to try and get them back, no one really did anything about it. I went to bed in tears that night. They were my flutes that I brought from home......

The next day, my husband spoke to the maids boss, he was back in 5 minutes with my flutes. They were in the back room, I guess they don't bring dirty dishes to be washed right away......Thank god I got them back. So moral of this story, if you don't want something misplaced or taken by accident, put it away!!!!!! They are very honest people, I trust them not to steal, but they have a job to do, and they try to do it well.......

A few days later when I went to pay Carolina, I tried to dispute the price of the wedding, I didn't get the decorations, the chamgagne, the basket of fruit, the wedding gift......and added to her that my room wasn't even cleaned the day of my wedding!!!!! Her jaw hit the floor!!!!! This was the friday before leaving sat morning!!! We hit the beach and did some shopping and got some more sun, and drinks.....when we came back to the room, the just married sign was on my door, the champagne and flutes where on ice, my basket of fruit and rum were on the table. The wedding gift were two t-shirts with we just married at the Palladium written on the back.

So all in all I am married to my best friend.......bottom line. It wasn't the magical day I had expected!!!! My husband and I and most of the group we were with thought the resort was way to big and lacked direction!!! There were way to many rules.....they say you don't need reservations, but for certain ones you do....they have a buffet at the pool, but can't go in if your wet or don't have a cover up. I had a small serong on, witch covered my bottom half and was wearing a monokini, they turned me away and told me to put a shirt on!!!! There are 2 bars at the pool, I was in the kids section with my daughter, went up to the bar to get her a pop, and the bartender told me to go to the bar in the pool because I was wet!!!!!! Not impressed......

In my opinion Carolina does her job very well, but is very much overloaded. They do too many weddings a day, and the married couples go without, or some of their stuff goes missing......To do this over again, I would go in there fully loaded, and pretty much know what, where, and how everything will go down, so you know and can also orchestrate where your sentimental valuables will be!!!!

HDC photography made my day.....if it wasn't for Arnaud, I would have wanted to do my day over again!!!!! He is the best.....Once my pics will be on facebook I will post the link.....

Shank,
Can't believe you had to clean your own room. I think it was hit or miss with the maids. We lucked out. Our maid was sooo sweet. When she found out we were getting married, she told me she was going to make a nice room for us. She actually decorated it twice that day! First she went in early, tied the curtains up in a bow, had the usual flowers everywhere. I went in the hall to thank her and hug her. While I was having my hair done, she came in with gifts. She gave me a beautiful shell necklace and an incense kit. She also gave my sister a shell necklace. After the ceremony and dinner, we popped back up to the room to get stuff before the beach party and they had redone the room with a trail of those coloured petals to the bed. She was absolutely amazing.

We did not get the t-shirts. Too bad... those would have been neat. Like I said earlier, we did not get breakfast in bed but were not too worried about it.

For all you girls wondering about the menu... Carolina told us we had La Uva ahead of time which was great because our rooms, the gazebo, La Uva and beach party were a stones throw away from each other so it was perfect. They had the decor that I brought and maybe some extra stuff around. To be honest, I don't remember other decor. But we had a whole little section to ourselves so it was nice. We had a few days to decide on the menu so we went to the restaurants serving those foods and tested a few beforehand. I am glad we did because Tracy, I agree with you.. the chicken dish with the fettucini and mashed potatoes underneath was kinda gross. We had tested ahead of time so knew that we were def. not choosing that one! We had not tested the beef medallions in pepper sauce but chose them and it was the best meal we had during our time there so we lucked out. There is also a vegetarian menu and kids menu so ask for these if you need them gals.

shankd and I had a similar experience...I'm thrilled that I'm married, it was in a beautiful setting, but she really said it best that for us too, there were a couple of things that were off, and I never got all of my stuff back either after telling carolina I wanted the chair sashes and some other things. It is another word to future brides that sometimes the Palladium needs to work out the kinks and too many weddings in a day i'm sure can overload Carolina. When I get up to it, i'm going to post a full review of our experience at Royal Suites, and the weddings there in general.

I have to admit, the resort his so big. My dad having only 1 lung and blood problems in his legs was not able to get around. So I said hey lets get him a wheel chair. Well they charged us $25 a day to rent the thing so for 6 days it came up to $150 which wasn't something we planned for. Plus we gave her 2 carry on luggages for all the wedding stuff, and we only got 1 back. So my mom had no carry on bag to go home. Luckly she had the tote bag I gave everyone!

I would have loved a tshirt as well sad.gif I keep complaining about not having the chamgane, but who am I kidding, we got to our room 'drunk drunk drunk' and def didn't need another sip of alcohol. but the touch would have been nice. a friend got married att he dream palm beach, she had flowers leading up to her jaquzzi on her wedding night, with it filled with water all ready to go!!!

for those of you who didn't get breakfest, don't be disappointed the eggs were unateable!! buffet was a better choice!

I'm sorry you didn't get exactly what you wanted Daniel, but also glad you don't regret your decision. Happy your kids enjoyed themselves tho!!!

I feel that way about Cuba, been there, done that so I know exactly what you mean.

Ohhhh Aruba for a honeymoon!!! amazing..we spent an extra week at the royal suites for our honeymoon, which was perfect. Def got treated royal!

We will probably return for our anniversary. Or maybe one ofthe Dreams resort.

If $$ is not an issue, got to sandals in Negrill Jamaica!!!!!

I've gotta run to a doc appt but will catch up this evening!

xox

I'm so sorry some of you had a rough time. It sounds like the overall experience was good, but still that's too bad....especially to not get your stuff back.

I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous now. I hope everything goes off well when we get married in November. Several of our guests are not "travelers", and are making big adjustments/gestures to be there for our big celebration. I would really hate for their first Caribbean, all-inclusive experience to be full of days with non-cleaned rooms. Eek! That's seriously all I'm worried about, and now I'm worried a lot.

We're not bringing anything with us for decoration, etc.--we don't care enough about decorations to bring them, we'll just use what they have (the whole reason we're going away is because we don't care), and the fiance really doesn't want to do the sand ceremony, so no need to bring stuff for that--so there won't be any worry about not getting out stuff back. However, if you pay for a package and don't get parts of it that are supposed to be included, that sucks! And I really hope everyone in our group gets good room service!

At any rate, you girls are happily married now, and that's all that matters in the end. I guess I should remember that, too....