Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#111 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Really, I've had no problems contacting Carolina. She reply's my e-mail with in a day, usualy with in a hour. She gave me a time, but repeated herself in saying the time is subject to change.And it probably will.

I spoke to her yesterday asking her if I could have the patio of La Uva. She siad she would do this for me. That they don't usualy allow dancing especialy if there is other people at the restaurant but she will allow me to have my first husband and wife dance.

I guess I should consider myself lucky in getting reply's real quick. (I get ulcers from my crohn's, last thing I need is more stress about reply's! )
    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
    Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
    Happily ever after...

#112 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
    • 553 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

How did you guys decide on the resturants?? Did she send you a menu?? Or are yas just picking one

#113 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MilitaryMrs.s-to be
        How did you guys decide on the resturants?? Did she send you a menu?? Or are yas just picking one
        Just a tip for the restaurants....if you choose Arricefe, you can only choose your menu from there. It is a steak/seafood restaurant, and you only have the option of indoor dining.

If you choose La Uva, you can choose your menu from any of the restaurants on the resort.

So for us having the reception at la Uva, our appetizer came from the Spanish restaurant (Garlic Shrimp - SOOOOOO yummy), our main came from Arricefe (beef medallian, also yummy) and dessert came from somewhere else, I think it was the Spanish restaurant too.

Arricefe has an excellent menu, we ate there 3-4 times b/c it was so good. For La Uva, you just get more diversity of your menu choices....

Finalyy, we were given the menu when we spoke to Carolina after we arrived, but she has them available on her computer if you want to request that she send you them to help you decide.
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#114 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
        • 1,619 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

Perfect, since I've ask Carolina for the patio at La Uva.
          I'm a streeful bride. So when I decided to go destination style, allowing someone else to plan my wedding. I said to myself I would stand back. Wait until I got there and then plan everything (restaruant,menu, decro, cake) then and not worry about it until then (having hard time, not asking for a thousand pictures and questions)

Did anyone do the sand ceremony? did the judge put this in with this words? Or would it be someone i would have to do afterwards on my own? with a friend or family member.
          Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#115 sperger

sperger
          • Banned
          • 474 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

militarymrs, i got the menus from Palladium Addict .

i'm leaning towards la uva...
            Lindsay, were you able to hook up an ipod on the patio? if so did you have to bring your own speakers? I saw a photo of you and FH what looked like dancing at La Uva, but I wasn't sure

#116 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
            • 1,619 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

sperger,
              Can you send the link of the menu..I can't seem to find it!
              Good question! i would bring cds since I don't have an ipod and no need for it other then the wedding, so I think cds will work.

I spoke to Carolina about the dancing at the restaurant. She said it's not allowed only if your getting a private dinner. Thats when you can get a dj. But she was really nice and said she allow me to do the wife and husband's first dance. I'm sure you'll be able to do this too if you decide on not doing private dinner.
              Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#117 shankd

shankd
              • 272 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                sperger,
                Can you send the link of the menu..I can't seem to find it!
                Good question! i would bring cds since I don't have an ipod and no need for it other then the wedding, so I think cds will work.

I spoke to Carolina about the dancing at the restaurant. She said it's not allowed only if your getting a private dinner. Thats when you can get a dj. But she was really nice and said she allow me to do the wife and husband's first dance. I'm sure you'll be able to do this too if you decide on not doing private dinner.
                if your intersted, Carolina sent me meny details, just send me your e-mail adress and I can forward it to you..

#118 shankd

shankd
                • 272 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

trinak

we will be married the same day!!! Which resort are you staying at?

#119 sperger

sperger
                  • Banned
                  • 474 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

shank, can you email me the info at sperger@gmail.com ?

#120 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
                    • 553 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

caribbeanlover, I am doing a sand ceremony as well, I don't know who says it, I'm just going to ask my cousin to read a peice I found online :)

Ps - I can't find the menu on palladium addict ethier :P I did email Carolina and asked for menus, but again, she hasn't emailed me back :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users