Let me first start off by introducing myself. I'm Dana, from St. Louis. My fiance, Mike, and I got engaged two weeks. We knew long before we ever got engaged that a destination wedding was what we wanted to do. So we were researching and trying to pick out a spot within 24 hours of our engagement (That's how long it took to spread the word to our parents and siblings and make sure they were officially onboard. Otherwise, it would've been immediately, lol.). We decided on Punta Cana in November 2010 rather quickly. Once we made that decision we researched resorts and fell in love with the Grand Palladium. So I think that's what we've decided on.
Along with perusing other threads on this site, I've read back through every single post and page in this thread, and I can't tell you how helpful this thread has already been to me!
However, we have not booked yet because we have one question. Well, we have many, many questions, which I'll post at a later date. Our most pressing question though is if we can/should book the travel before we have confirmation that our target date, or a date within 1-2 days of it, is available to get married.
I have a HUGE fear of booking all of this travel and then being told, "sorry, no times are available then".
I sent an email to Carolina at PC on Friday with this question (asking if we book travel first and if our date(s) are available) and have not heard back from yet. Reading through this thread I see that sometimes it can take her awhile to get back to you with answers to your emails. So I'm waiting, but also wonder how long to wait.
So I'm wondering......did you girls book your travel first, and then hope the wedding date would be available, or did you get confirmation on wedding date availability first?