Photo

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

• Please log in to reply
2856 replies to this topic

#1021 beachbum

beachbum
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

Same here, I'm trying to be optimistic. I sent out information on the Occidental grand (which is next door) and am going to bite the bullet with guest passes. At least, that's our plan... It's somewhat disappointing that the GP books as many weddings in a week, assuming brides and grooms will bring guests, and the resort can hold all these people, when we've unfortunately come to find out that they can't. If Carolina gave an inkling about this, I probably would have still picked GP, but maybe a different week when it wasn't so busy.

#1022 skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca

skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca
    • 45 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbum
      Same here, I'm trying to be optimistic. I sent out information on the Occidental grand (which is next door) and am going to bite the bullet with guest passes. At least, that's our plan... It's somewhat disappointing that the GP books as many weddings in a week, assuming brides and grooms will bring guests, and the resort can hold all these people, when we've unfortunately come to find out that they can't. If Carolina gave an inkling about this, I probably would have still picked GP, but maybe a different week when it wasn't so busy.
      It is unfortunate, although Carolina has her own job to do, and it should have been your travel agent that kept you up to date with the situation of availability, and informed you that these 2 weeks in April are amoung the busiest for destination weddings : )

I am sure you will have the wedding of your dreams, and everything will work out great for all of us that are down there those weeks... full guest list or not : )

#1023 beachbum

beachbum
      • 351 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca
        It is unfortunate, although Carolina has her own job to do, and it should have been your travel agent that kept you up to date with the situation of availability, and informed you that these 2 weeks in April are amoung the busiest for destination weddings : )

I am sure you will have the wedding of your dreams, and everything will work out great for all of us that are down there those weeks... full guest list or not : )
        I agree with you, and have been frustrated with out TA. I'm not sure I would recommend her again if I had to go back and do this all over again.

the good news is my godmother, turns out she does have a room, just never bothered to tell me.

#1024 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
        • 1,619 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Not even TA know how busy it can get at resort espicailly with wedding's, that's the problem with planning DW so far ahead of time.

My SIL booked yesterday, the way I was saying.. booking with the resort and then finding a flight.
          there is still some free for April 8th which is just 2 days before we get there, and they will be there for our april 13 wedding.

I got my papers today all translated and legal, I just need to send it to Carolina.. if she would just reply back to my e-mail so I know the best way for her to send it.
          Sooo frustrating
          http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
          Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
          Happily ever after...

#1025 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
          • 829 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

I got an email from her today -- she apologized for the late reply, so I am assuming she is just going through the ton of emails she's gotten lately!! I emailed about a week ago, and just got it back now -- so hang in there! :)

glad to hear you got a guest booked situation!!

#1026 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
            • 1,619 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

great to hear.. what e-mail did you use? or what e-mail address did she reply back from? the usual one we all used had bounced back to me so I used the new one from the website.
              Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

#1027 skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca

skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca
              • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
                Not even TA know how busy it can get at resort espicailly with wedding's, that's the problem with planning DW so far ahead of time.

My SIL booked yesterday, the way I was saying.. booking with the resort and then finding a flight.
                there is still some free for April 8th which is just 2 days before we get there, and they will be there for our april 13 wedding.

I got my papers today all translated and legal, I just need to send it to Carolina.. if she would just reply back to my e-mail so I know the best way for her to send it.
                Sooo frustrating
                Carolina had said to me that I can just bring the documents down to the DR when we go for the wedding, unless we want her to check them first... I would imagine you can fax copies to her.

#1028 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
                • 829 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

I used the email address:

weddings.bavaro@fiestahotelgroup.com

and have gotten replies back from her each time I emailed.

Good luck!!!! :)

#1029 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
                  • 553 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

I've been using that email address and all my emails keep coming back with a failed to deliver message, so I used one from the website, I didn't get a failure message but I didn't get a response from Carolina ethier.
                    Its so annoying

#1030 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
                    • 1,619 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Same thing has been happening to me.. so today after sungoddes replied saying she used the old one, I re sent my message and it worked.. it hasn't bounced back to me. So now I'm just waiting for her reply.
                      I'll let you all know what she says in regards to sending her the documents if I have to at all , like goddes was mentioning.
                      Thank you for your reply by the way lol
                      Tracy and Mike

Happily ever after...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users