Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Hi ladies!!  I'm new to this webisite and i love the advise everyone gives each other!!  I just finished booking my wedding for May of next year at the Grand Palladium in Punta Cana. We are having about 80 guests and a pretty big bridal party. I would love any tips or advise anyone could give me. Thanks!!

Well Roxy & Richarsd, my overall planning is moving right along, but you know my feelings and frustrations with getting no answers from Carolina regarding  confirming anything!  If we don't have 40 guests, we will be really close, and I will be THE BIGGEST Bridezilla if I don't get a private recpetion.  I have spent a lot of time on my centerpieces and decor for the reception and I want it to be intimate and private.  I alread have the DJ hired for the "private" beach party which I hired back around August when the policy was 20+ guests.  I already have a deposit down and I am not giving up the beach party!  AND I've yet to see updated documentation with this new policy she is coming up with on the 40 guest rule.  Also, she hasn't responded to an email I sent her about 2 wks ago asking about the size of the dinner tables so I can make sure my table runners are appropriate, and whether or not we are able to use vases from the resort as I didn't want to travel with glass.  Sooooo frustrating.  Also, I want to "upgrade" my beach set up for the ceremony to the picture that looks like a chuppah but since the only picture I've seen is a "stock" photos with the models that is used for all resorts, I don't know what a "real" wedding using this upgrade looks like.  I am planning on bringing some of my own fabric for this, but again, little to know information is provided.  I haven't seen pictures from any past brides who have used this upgrade. msncry.gif  She still want send me a menu so I can print my menu cards with the "formal" descriptions versus just "beef medallions."  I know there has to be a vegetable or something served with it.  Vistaprint is having a great sale right now and I got some good freebie offers in my email & it is frustrating that I can get these completed! ugh!  Which also means that I haven't been able to get my wedding day outline completed for my welcome booked since nothing is really confirmed.  I am a VERY detail oriented person who has planned many events and I have never had this experience where I couldn't confirm anything or get answers.  It is stressing me out!  I have also asked her over a month ago how many other weddings are on the same day as mine (mine being in May, she should probably have a good idea), and I haven't gotten an answer on that either.  I figured if I at least knew that information, it will ease my mine on how flexible the planning would be as far as the beach party, private restaurant, etc. if I'm not competing with a bunch of other brides for the spots.

Anyway, other than the unresponsive resort, I have accomplished a lot on my list and I am very excited! 

Originally Posted by roxy1122 View Post

Hi ladies, how is everyone's planning going?

Suzie -

Welcome and congrats!  I have read some wonderful things about the weddings at the Grand Palladium which is why I chose the resort and I am very excited about my wedding.  With a party of your size you shouldn't have any issues, but just be prepared for Carolina to give you conflicting information and you don't confirm anything until you arrive.  I plan to write a VERY throurough review with beneficial pictures when I return which will give you plenty of time for your wedding to prepare.  My wedding is in May so I will be happy to answers all of your questions that I can. msnparty.gif

Originally Posted by Suzie 5 13 12 View Post

Hi ladies!!  I'm new to this webisite and i love the advise everyone gives each other!!  I just finished booking my wedding for May of next year at the Grand Palladium in Punta Cana. We are having about 80 guests and a pretty big bridal party. I would love any tips or advise anyone could give me. Thanks!!

Hi Kitty. I'm sad to hear the Caroline is not responding to you. Are you dealing with her directly? I'm going through a travel agency and she is the one dealing with Caroline. At first they didnâ€t want to reserve my date because it was so far in advance that my agent spoke to her directly and she was able to assure me that date. I must admit she was pretty good at answering my emails in a timely fashion I cant even imagine what you are going through 2 months before your big day and not receiving any responses I think I would flip out!! Good luck!!

My planning is coming along very well as I am leaving in three weeks from now.  I've met with my TA last week and we went over everyting (Ive never spoke to Carolina directly, i've done everything through my TA). I am now at 32 guests and some are still looking for last minute so this number might go up a little bit.  I am doing a symbolic wedding (already got married here in Canada on valentine's day) and having a semi-private dinner and the private beach party.  My TA found out that Carolina has a big book that we can sign that will look exactly like it would be a civil wedding except that mine will be done in french instead of spanish then translated to english.  My main concern right now is wether to have my wedding on the beach or in the gazebo.  We are now schedule to have it on the beach at 3pm but we might change our mind once we see the gazebo.  My TA told me I can change my mind once i'm there, they are doing no more than 2 weddings a day and they are not schedule at the same time so there's no problem if I want to change.  We chose the beach at the beggining cause we though why go all the way to Punta Cana and not get married on the beach.  But now were thinking that the gazebo will be more private and the guest will have more shadow to get away from the sun.  We will still get pictures on the beach.....so I guess we will see once we get there.  I am booked with HDC, they have been incredible to work with so far, they've answered all my questions very fast.  Their pictures are fantastic and I'm not worried mine will turn out great.

Trust me, I am not worried about my photog (PhotoSouvenier), DJ (DJ Mannia), or Pastor (Pastor York)...I am just concerned with the reception mainly.  I also want a cocktail reception, which has also NOT been confirmed.  I can't get Carolina to write the word "confirmed" at all.  Yes, I am dealing with her directly.  Their policy when I booked and all documentation I have says 20 guests plus for private beach party and private dinner, however, now she is telling everyone it is all of a sudden 40.  Just make sure your beach party IS 'confirmed" for sure since you have under 40 guests.

Originally Posted by isa2214 View Post

My planning is coming along very well as I am leaving in three weeks from now.  I've met with my TA last week and we went over everyting (Ive never spoke to Carolina directly, i've done everything through my TA). I am now at 32 guests and some are still looking for last minute so this number might go up a little bit.  I am doing a symbolic wedding (already got married here in Canada on valentine's day) and having a semi-private dinner and the private beach party.  My TA found out that Carolina has a big book that we can sign that will look exactly like it would be a civil wedding except that mine will be done in french instead of spanish then translated to english.  My main concern right now is wether to have my wedding on the beach or in the gazebo.  We are now schedule to have it on the beach at 3pm but we might change our mind once we see the gazebo.  My TA told me I can change my mind once i'm there, they are doing no more than 2 weddings a day and they are not schedule at the same time so there's no problem if I want to change.  We chose the beach at the beggining cause we though why go all the way to Punta Cana and not get married on the beach.  But now were thinking that the gazebo will be more private and the guest will have more shadow to get away from the sun.  We will still get pictures on the beach.....so I guess we will see once we get there.  I am booked with HDC, they have been incredible to work with so far, they've answered all my questions very fast.  Their pictures are fantastic and I'm not worried mine will turn out great.

I am sorry to hear that you have so much trouble having everything confirmed.  Since I only wanted the beach party, i never looked at the other options.  For me when I started planning it was mentionned 20+ for the beach party so I was fine.  I think that  if you still have the information of when you booked you should be able to have them respect what was mentionned at that time.  My TA has been great, she had called Carolina directly to confirm my wedding date and time and beach party while I was sitting in her office.  I was pretty impressed with her and everything has been really easy for me since she's doing all the work and answering all my questions msnwink.gif 

Originally Posted by kitty25967 View Post

Trust me, I am not worried about my photog (PhotoSouvenier), DJ (DJ Mannia), or Pastor (Pastor York)...I am just concerned with the reception mainly.  I also want a cocktail reception, which has also NOT been confirmed.  I can't get Carolina to write the word "confirmed" at all.  Yes, I am dealing with her directly.  Their policy when I booked and all documentation I have says 20 guests plus for private beach party and private dinner, however, now she is telling everyone it is all of a sudden 40.  Just make sure your beach party IS 'confirmed" for sure since you have under 40 guests.

Planning for me is going great! Our wedding is April 11, 2011. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm getting stressed with it coming so close but honestly I'm just sooo excited. Life for us has been crazy busy so we are just looking forward to spending time with family and relaxing. The only thing left to do is our music, groomsmen gifts and a cake topper. Oh and my mom doesn't like my wedding flip flops so she is making me go shopping with her to get new sandals and she's paying so no complaint there. My final dress fitting is Friday...I'm wearing Maggie Sotterro Dayle, John picked up his linen suit last week and the flower girl got her dress from winners and she feels like a princess....so cute.

I'm not bringing any decorations or center pieces, with the weight restriction on luggage I don't want to pay a fortune to carry all that. Plus my friend was at a wedding there and she said they decorated beautifully without bringing stuff. I just have some wedding favors and beach bags for my bridesmaids and flower girl. I have everything in writing from Carolina which I have printed out and put in a folder and no where did she say we needed 40 guests so we will see. I figure the easier we are to work with the more willing she will be to accommodate. Either way we are both easy going and just want to enjoy every minute of it. I don't want to spend my wedding day stressed, the whole reason why I picked a destination wedding...didn't want to stress about detail. I booked HDC for photos back in August and he's been great. The rest I'm leaving till our meeting with Carolina when we get there.

This past Saturday was my bridal shower which was beach themed with margaritas and pina coladas. My friends did such an amazing job and I was way to spoiled I didn't expect gifts but wow I got so many gift cards I plan on doing some shopping on days off. This Saturday coming up is my stagette, all I know is they rented a theme room at west Edmonton mall. The rest is a surprise! My mom and I have a spa day booked for pedicures. My best friend and I are having facials on the 31st with lunch and then shopping. Now all I have to do is get through work and figure out who I can get to bring our mail in when were gone since everyone I would normally ask is coming with us.

Try not to stress out to much because it will end up ruining you wedding and vacation.

Kitty when I had the same issue as you regarding the private reception, I asked my TA to confirm. She spoke directly with Carolina and it is 40 for the private dinner reception but only 20 for the private beach party (just thought I'd clarify a bit). Bring all your correspondence though and the 2011 brochures (which specify 20 for both)...hopefully they will be accommodating!!!