Jump to content
Nathan and Cynthia

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Recommended Posts

oh goodness - nothing to worry about - I assure you! it was beyond easy and simple! ANd they were incredibly nice at the embassy. Trust me - it's a breeze!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so girls are you all getting excited? We're all leaving with in th next month or so!!!!

Do you all have a lot of planing left? my list is def getting shorter and shorter.

 

Dawn, I am sorry it didn't work out last week for your dress, now you have to come down here 2 times, that sucks sad.gif

Let us know how it went today!!

BTW, Love the flowers, and your whole idea, it's going to look so pretty!!!

 

Danielle,

Getting the papers done and the consulate was def easy, you should have gotten your papers with in 20 mins. On top of it if your doing it there, you don't need your single status notarized!

Let us know how it went, hope it was nice enough for a mini celebration on the terrace!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were kinda surprised by our awesome wedding party - we are having a Bon Voyage party the end of the month. It is organized like a Jack and Jill. Following that I anticipate that a girls/boys night will be had the first weekend in April as we were asked if we were free separately. It'll be pretty low key as the Dominican is waiting for the real party!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda,

That sounds perfect, I was just saying it def should have been a jack and jill kind of party as the FI had a boring time.

I really like the sounds of a bon voyage party a lot!!!

 

LOL exactly why I said if I was to have a party, it needed to be a month before because I knew I'd need th time to recover if I wanted to party in Punta Cana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is on March 20th. I hope I don't get to drunk cause I'm one of those ones who gets SUPER hammered and then doesn't drink for months cause the hangover lasts that long!! hhaha...And I def need to be gettin' my drink on in Punta Cana!! lol

 

Was yours a surprise Tracy or did you sorta help them out??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoCujo View Post
We were kinda surprised by our awesome wedding party - we are having a Bon Voyage party the end of the month. It is organized like a Jack and Jill. Following that I anticipate that a girls/boys night will be had the first weekend in April as we were asked if we were free separately. It'll be pretty low key as the Dominican is waiting for the real party!
How Sweet! I love the concept of Jack and Jill's. My shower is next weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I know I KNOW this is a repeat question!! Ahh so I am sorry in advance lol.

 

BUT -- in regards to the beach party - we are 99% sure we are going to do it. I contacted Carolina and she said she can book it for now, and we can confirm when we get there. But I'm wondering about music. I don't want a DJ or a band like she requested.

 

I know people mentioned bringing their Ipods, and as my FI is a DJ himself he has all the proper wiring to hook up the ipod without needing the docking system (it just needs to get plugged into the speaker) -- but, do they provide this?

 

Or does anyone know if we can rent just that? Or what are you guys doing if you aren't getting a DJ?

 

sorry for the ramble! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
How Sweet! I love the concept of Jack and Jill's. My shower is next weekend!
Me too!!
Ohh amazing, what will you be doing, or is it a surprise? Is it a Jack and Jill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMrs.s-to be View Post
Mine is on March 20th. I hope I don't get to drunk cause I'm one of those ones who gets SUPER hammered and then doesn't drink for months cause the hangover lasts that long!! hhaha...And I def need to be gettin' my drink on in Punta Cana!! lol

Was yours a surprise Tracy or did you sorta help them out??
Oh I'll be thinking about you march 20th, so do you know what your doing, or is it a surprise?
LOL I'm the same way,I haven't gotten drunk since New Year's Eve 2008/2009
It's why I said my party had to be a min of a month away from leaving!
you wont be alone getting drunk, I'll be there tooo lol!!

No it wasn't a surprise, I actually pretty much planned it, as I'm the orginazed/planner in my group. Ah well still had a blast, we actually had planned to go to a strip club, but we never made it, got to drunk lol friday.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
I know I know I KNOW this is a repeat question!! Ahh so I am sorry in advance lol.

BUT -- in regards to the beach party - we are 99% sure we are going to do it. I contacted Carolina and she said she can book it for now, and we can confirm when we get there. But I'm wondering about music. I don't want a DJ or a band like she requested.

I know people mentioned bringing their Ipods, and as my FI is a DJ himself he has all the proper wiring to hook up the ipod without needing the docking system (it just needs to get plugged into the speaker) -- but, do they provide this?

Or does anyone know if we can rent just that? Or what are you guys doing if you aren't getting a DJ?

sorry for the ramble! lol
your totally allowed to ask any question, even if it's been asked before!! It's what were here for!!

SO the resort does actually have a sound system you can rent, I think they even hock it up and everything, but the cost is $200, which is the same cost as a dj.
So if you went this route, did you figure who'd MC the party? If no (like me) I just went with the Dj even tho I spent months on my play list (UGH!!!)

So I finally got my e-mail across to Carolina, been trying since Thrusday to send her the confirmation #'s of my guest. (It kept getting bounced back)
I also wanted to confirm the dj. Well anyhow.. She actually never confirmed me the beach party!!!! I almost pooped in my pants. She said they were booking up so if I wanted it I'd need to tell her right away.
I told her I had an e-mail from her saying I had the beach party confirmed a few months ago!!
She e-mailed me back saying
'I confirm your wedding April 13th at 2:30pm, your time is subject to change and will be reconfirmed upon arrival, your confirmed for the beach party and Dj for 3 hours'
Phewww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×