Jump to content
Nathan and Cynthia

Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Recommended Posts

Same here, I'm trying to be optimistic. I sent out information on the Occidental grand (which is next door) and am going to bite the bullet with guest passes. At least, that's our plan... It's somewhat disappointing that the GP books as many weddings in a week, assuming brides and grooms will bring guests, and the resort can hold all these people, when we've unfortunately come to find out that they can't. If Carolina gave an inkling about this, I probably would have still picked GP, but maybe a different week when it wasn't so busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum View Post
Same here, I'm trying to be optimistic. I sent out information on the Occidental grand (which is next door) and am going to bite the bullet with guest passes. At least, that's our plan... It's somewhat disappointing that the GP books as many weddings in a week, assuming brides and grooms will bring guests, and the resort can hold all these people, when we've unfortunately come to find out that they can't. If Carolina gave an inkling about this, I probably would have still picked GP, but maybe a different week when it wasn't so busy.
It is unfortunate, although Carolina has her own job to do, and it should have been your travel agent that kept you up to date with the situation of availability, and informed you that these 2 weeks in April are amoung the busiest for destination weddings : )

I am sure you will have the wedding of your dreams, and everything will work out great for all of us that are down there those weeks... full guest list or not : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by skdoucetanderson@shaw.ca View Post
It is unfortunate, although Carolina has her own job to do, and it should have been your travel agent that kept you up to date with the situation of availability, and informed you that these 2 weeks in April are amoung the busiest for destination weddings : )

I am sure you will have the wedding of your dreams, and everything will work out great for all of us that are down there those weeks... full guest list or not : )
I agree with you, and have been frustrated with out TA. I'm not sure I would recommend her again if I had to go back and do this all over again.

the good news is my godmother, turns out she does have a room, just never bothered to tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even TA know how busy it can get at resort espicailly with wedding's, that's the problem with planning DW so far ahead of time.

 

My SIL booked yesterday, the way I was saying.. booking with the resort and then finding a flight.

there is still some free for April 8th which is just 2 days before we get there, and they will be there for our april 13 wedding.

 

I got my papers today all translated and legal, I just need to send it to Carolina.. if she would just reply back to my e-mail so I know the best way for her to send it.

Sooo frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email from her today -- she apologized for the late reply, so I am assuming she is just going through the ton of emails she's gotten lately!! I emailed about a week ago, and just got it back now -- so hang in there! :)

 

glad to hear you got a guest booked situation!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Not even TA know how busy it can get at resort espicailly with wedding's, that's the problem with planning DW so far ahead of time.

My SIL booked yesterday, the way I was saying.. booking with the resort and then finding a flight.
there is still some free for April 8th which is just 2 days before we get there, and they will be there for our april 13 wedding.

I got my papers today all translated and legal, I just need to send it to Carolina.. if she would just reply back to my e-mail so I know the best way for her to send it.
Sooo frustrating
Carolina had said to me that I can just bring the documents down to the DR when we go for the wedding, unless we want her to check them first... I would imagine you can fax copies to her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing has been happening to me.. so today after sungoddes replied saying she used the old one, I re sent my message and it worked.. it hasn't bounced back to me. So now I'm just waiting for her reply.

I'll let you all know what she says in regards to sending her the documents if I have to at all , like goddes was mentioning.

Thank you for your reply by the way lol wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×