Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

I am finally not as confused about Jalu Photography.

-The company exists in several resorts as the resort's photographers

-Jose Gonzalez (The guy whose english is not too good) runs the Grand Palladium section

-There are several photographers working at the resort, and more then one wedding photographer. Peter Reilly is one of them and he has been answering my recent emails, but may not be my photographer.

I'm getting the idea this place is bigger and busier then I thought, lol

Hi

I am getting married at the bavaro oct 2010, had my date confirmed for 8th oct.

I am planning on emailing the co-ordinator. Does anyone have recommendations for rooms to request?

Also it will be a small party coming with me (12), does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do as evening reception?

Also are you able to request a time for your wedding?

My colour scheme is purple, I have seen some flowers that I lilke, do you think the co-ordinator would be able to match what i have seen?

After seeing the gazebo pics, I definately want to get married there!

Thanks Jane[/i]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMrs.s-to be View Post
Glad to hear that, it can be very fustrating! Thats why I hired a photographer off the resort, he'll just show up I get him a day pass, thats it, I love it when its stress free!!
Which photographer did you get?! I booked with HCD,and I am very happy I did after seeing so many pictures of his. I was going to go with the one from the resort, but again with the no deposit's, and I was told there was only 1 resort photographer, who knew!!! so I just didn't want to bother, so I went to get one who wanted $$ from me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_A_J View Post
Hi

I am getting married at the bavaro oct 2010, had my date confirmed for 8th oct.

I am planning on emailing the co-ordinator. Does anyone have recommendations for rooms to request?

Also it will be a small party coming with me (12), does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do as evening reception?

Also are you able to request a time for your wedding?

My colour scheme is purple, I have seen some flowers that I lilke, do you think the co-ordinator would be able to match what i have seen?

After seeing the gazebo pics, I definately want to get married there!

Thanks Jane[/i]
Hi, and welcome!! Congrates!!!
You can try and request a time, but I really think it goes by what the judge is doing that day.
You have the option do have a semi-private reception dinner for you and your guest, if you have less then 14 your guest can choose right off the menu. 14 guest and more you and your future Husband will pick the menu when you arrive at the resort and have your meeting with Carolina.
I think it would be a good idea to send her a picture of your colours (BM dress, whatever you may already have in your colour) and she can work on making sure you bouquet matches, but aware there may be an extra charge for that.
What are you looking for, for the room type? they are all the same, do you mean by location? what do you want to be closer to? the beach, bar, pool?

Hey girls - I haven't been on here in a while, but I was browsing through and wanted to chime in on the room types....

There are actually several different types of rooms. When you are getting married, you are put in the honeymoon suite (there are 3 in each villa if my memory serves me)....which is what we had. It has an outdoor shower and hammock (enclosed under a thatched roof), and has a jaccuzzi and standup shower in the washroom as well as a canopy bed and sitting area. It was lovely.

Some of my other guests had a variety of different rooms.

Some basic - bed and shower/tub combo washroom

Some with a bit more -

a) standard bed(s) with sitting area, shower

B) bed(s), jaccuzzi in the room

c) two floor rooms...bedroom on one floor, washroom on the second with stairs inside the room

And the honeymoon suites are all on the ground level, so some have an obstructed view of the water, others no view at all.

All the other brides that were there that I saw had a suite, so if they put you in anything else, I would mention it to them. We loved our room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
Hey girls - I haven't been on here in a while, but I was browsing through and wanted to chime in on the room types....

There are actually several different types of rooms. When you are getting married, you are put in the honeymoon suite (there are 3 in each villa if my memory serves me)....which is what we had. It has an outdoor shower and hammock (enclosed under a thatched roof), and has a jaccuzzi and standup shower in the washroom as well as a canopy bed and sitting area. It was lovely.

Some of my other guests had a variety of different rooms.
Some basic - bed and shower/tub combo washroom
Some with a bit more -
a) standard bed(s) with sitting area, shower
B) bed(s), jaccuzzi in the room
c) two floor rooms...bedroom on one floor, washroom on the second with stairs inside the room

And the honeymoon suites are all on the ground level, so some have an obstructed view of the water, others no view at all.

All the other brides that were there that I saw had a suite, so if they put you in anything else, I would mention it to them. We loved our room!
Thanks for sharing, I wonder since I booked at the royal if we will get the honeymoon suite, we booked the DLX suite, you would know by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
LOL!!! I posted a few seconds later with the question. I see you answered it tho.. thank you :)

BTW-Just love your ttd pic.. it's so sexy and beautiful. Hope I can get something like that.
Which photographer did you end up booking with?
haha, thank you! We had Fran at Photosouvenir and he did a fantastic job, although from what I hear on the forum they are crazy busy and people are having trouble booking them!

As for your question about the royal section I have no idea what the rooms are like b/c that part of the hotel is sectioned off....I do know that the pool, beach cabana's look absolutely gorgeous, so I would expect the rooms to be stunning! Let us know what they were like when you get back b/c I don't think any other bride has reviewed the Royal!