Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

When we visited and met with Carolina in August, we saw the resturant and we had not decided to pay for making it private at the time. So basically she showed us where the tables would be set and the area where you can have your first dance and FATHER DAUGHTER dance! :) It's at the end of the restaurant closest to the beach and they open it up so you get the breeze from the beach as well. :) It will be semi-private since it's toward the back of the restaurant, but other guests will still be served.

After seeing over 60 people RSVP and this is not including immediate family, I figured booking the restaurant as private would be a better idea. So the restaurant will be closed from 630-midnight. Super happy about that because we are a bunch of hardcore Salsa dancers and I'd much rather be together as a group than in a club. :)

Thank you for the restaurant menu info. That's great.

As far as Carolina goes with emailing...sometimes she responds and other times it takes a while, when a couple weeks pass, I just forward the message to her again and say that I am just checking in...I have yet to have an unanswered email, just sometimes take a while. :)

Here are the bouquets, not included in the package. $40 additional.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMrs.s-to be View Post
Congrats cherrybomb and sap!!!

Sap - Are you sure she said you could have your dances there if you didn't rent out the entire resturant? She told me I couldn't, that management didn't allow it sad.gif
there was a post that said Carolina doesn't stay around, you'll be able to do your dance.
If it turnes out we can't, we'll stick with our idea!

Yay! Nice to have a twin! haha If we cannot have just the reception party on the beach (without dinner) then we will probably look at having the reception in a restaurant. Is La Uva the only restaurant they have for receptions? What if there's 2 on the same night? Hmmm...I'll have to ask Carolina about that. We're flying in on Tuesday the 13th. What about you? We have 24 guests booked, but may have more depending on if my fiance's buddies can get a last minute deal...we are finding that getting his guy friends to commit to anything this far in advance is a struggle.

Can anyone provide a list of items that have to be arranged before arriving at the resort? Thanks!

Hi everyone, as I can see we are a few getting married in april 2010 :)

I am looking for couples who would be interested into sharing the cost of a photographer: I have found a wonderfull photographer that lives in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.

the way it work's is that we can be 4 couples that get married within the two weeks of her stay, we split the cost of her trip and then we each pay for the photography package that we want.

exemple: 2118$/4= 530$ (trip) + 800$ (package) = 1330$

you can go see her web site Genevieve Albert, Photographe or on facebook genevieve albert photographe®, her e-mail adress is genevieve_albert@hotmail.com

we are already two couples interested in her services, so two more couples with us would be great :)

you can always pm me if you have any questions!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMrs.s-to be View Post
Congrats cherrybomb and sap!!!

Sap - Are you sure she said you could have your dances there if you didn't rent out the entire resturant? She told me I couldn't, that management didn't allow it sad.gif

Yes, I am absolutely sure. Emails prior to visiting, conversation while visiting, confirmation email post visit (all before my deciding to make it a private reception). She specifically showed me the spot where the dances could be held. My communication with her was between July and August.

I don't know if the fact that we are staying at the Bavaro makes a difference though...I can't imagine why.

Also, I apologize on my note of $40 for flowers. The $40 flowers were specifically for the lily/rose combo and the sunflower bouquet.

I actually sent a confirmation email listing all the things we are expecting and that we discussed with Carolina. I explained to her that I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page before we start booking. It took about 2 weeks for her to respond, but she did and everything was confirmed.

I think it's good to do this so far in advance so that even if it takes her a while to respond, all these questions are answered now and not a few months away when you would want a quicker response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
Yes, I am absolutely sure. Emails prior to visiting, conversation while visiting, confirmation email post visit (all before my deciding to make it a private reception). She specifically showed me the spot where the dances could be held. My communication with her was between July and August.

I don't know if the fact that we are staying at the Bavaro makes a difference though...I can't imagine why.

Also, I apologize on my note of $40 for flowers. The $40 flowers were specifically for the lily/rose combo and the sunflower bouquet.

I actually sent a confirmation email listing all the things we are expecting and that we discussed with Carolina. I explained to her that I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page before we start booking. It took about 2 weeks for her to respond, but she did and everything was confirmed.

I think it's good to do this so far in advance so that even if it takes her a while to respond, all these questions are answered now and not a few months away when you would want a quicker response.
Thank you very much for confirming the dance at the restaurant and the cost of the bouquet!! Maybe I should list the things we expect and see if we are on the same page.
By chance did you find out if the arch on the beach is included in the package? I see alot of pics of ppls ceremony on the beach from our resort, they all have the arch... but when I look at the 'extras' it says $250 for the arch?!